Black Swordsman Mad face Millennium Falcon question

BAT

I'm a llama!
I am trying to find the Mad face Black Swordsman. I have occasionally seen one on eBay that was marked Millenium Falcon edition and had 3 replacement mechanical arms. I am looking at one with the Mad face on eBay right now, but this one does not include any extra appendages.
Will someone please describe what these three alternate hands are/do? (i.e. do they have different hand poses? Is one a cannon, one a repeating crossbow, one a normal hand, etc.?) Close-up pictures would be helpful too.

I am trying to determine whether it is worth holding out for the extra appendages, or whether they are not all that interesting such that I should just buy the figure on eBay right now.

Thank you very much,
BAT

EDIT:

To clarify, I am talking about the action figures here. Any info on the arms is much appreciated.

I just happened upon this website today.

I have the mad face millenium falcon edition. There are no arm attachments with this particular figure. I comes with the dragon slayer, 5 throwing knives that sheath on his shest strap, and a knife that sheathes on his waist belt.

BTW, his articulation is swivel neck, swivel biceps, hinged knees/right elbow, swivel right wrist, hinged hips, swivel waist/thighs/mid ankle. Shoulders are these funky spring-loaded ball joints. He also doesn't grasp the sword very well in the right hand, kind of awkward to pose as the sword has some heft to it.

I've seen the one with crossbow attachment and extra right hand, but don't know what edition it is supposed to be. Looks the same other than you can see the crossbow and another left arm attachment when packaged. It's not like the figure's poseability lends itself to using the extra left arm attachments, so I'm happy with this one. Great detail though. Hope this helps.

BAT

I'm a llama!
Thanks a lot bubbahotep, and welcome to the board.  As you can see, I'm new here myself. Based on your description, I am leaning toward buying the one without the extra arms, but I am hoping to see some pictures first.

How about it: does anyone have detailed pictures of these alternate arms, or at least have them in hand to offer a detailed description?

Thank you,
BAT

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there guys, welcome to SK.net. I'd like to help with the figure but I don't have that specific one myself anymore, and I don't have time to check the details on it right now. I'm sure some people could answer your questions though, and with some perseverance you should be able to find pictures on auction sites. Good luck!

BAT said:
Thanks a lot bubbahotep, and welcome to the board. As you can see, I'm new here myself. Based on your description, I am leaning toward buying the one without the extra arms, but I am hoping to see some pictures first.

How about it: does anyone have detailed pictures of these alternate arms, or at least have them in hand to offer a detailed description?

Thank you,
BAT

Hey there BAT, unfortunately, I don't own the 1/10 scale action figures, so I can't help you. I wish I could! This board has quite a bit of collectors though, so hopefully someone will be able to answer your question. Gluck!

PS And a "welcome" to you two both!

Late, I know, but here is a picture of all of the hands- http://www.maj.com/gallery/CaptainQwuff/Stuff/Collection/picture022.jpg

The metal arm on the upper left is a closed fist, and the cannon arm's hand is moveable.

Metalbolt

I'm on TV, so I must be True!
I have Black Swordsman and Black Swordsman MF version. My MF version is the one with a mad face and extra arm attachments. The only other difference (besides a slight change in color range), is that the MF version has no cape.

Hope that helps a little.

How is this figure quality-wise? Is it nice and sturdy, or are there loose joints? I couldn't find any detailed reviews on Google.

Also, there are two versions of this figure, correct? I think there's a "Millenium Falcon" version and a bloody variant; not sure though.

Oh yeah, if I go the eBay route, is there a chance of getting a bootleg? I know collectors of other toy lines have to watch out for cheap knockoffs.

Hatter

Man oh man, that closed-fist right hand would sure come in handy. I re-posed my Guts figure today and it sure is a struggle to get a pose that looks good and won't fall over. It's tricky since his left elbow can't bend.

It's relatively sturdy, although I've found that the knee joints have gotten a little loose after a few years of display. His feet are wide, though, and the figure has some weight to it, so it's not too hard to get him in a stable position.
If you make him hold his sword in front of him, his shoulder joints stick out and the plastic connector is visible. Some more articulation on his arms would be nice.

The figure is absolutely beautiful in person. All the little details like the removable sheathed knives really make it stand out.

Top Bottom