Rosine, question about her sacrifice

Now according to the usual apostle process you have to sacrifice whats most important to you right? Well she sacrificed her parents right? That doesn't make much sence to me at all. Its so apparent that she cares about Jill more then her abusive parents. I don't see any reason that it shouldn't have been Jill used as the sacrifice.

By the way Im sticking to the DH releases(though I do have knowlage of the future Bersek world) so forgive me if this was discussed in the past

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly she did care for her parents underneath all her defenses. There's a single panel in volume 16 that explains it all, without the need for dialogue.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Cruella said:
Was her mother abusive? Father, yes, but was mom too? I guess I'll just use it as another reason to reread the arc.

No. Her mom was not abusive, but her dad more than made up for it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cruella said:
Was her mother abusive? Father, yes, but was mom too? I guess I'll just use it as another reason to reread the arc.

Her mom was alright like CnC said. And it's made clear that her father deeply resented the fact she likely (at least to him) wasn't his daughter, her birth resulting from the rape of his wife. I don't think it's so much the fact her father was at times violent that made her so desperate, rather it was the constant arguing and quarrelling of her parents.

That's how I remember it too, but I thought that I might have missed something as kuroikagesoku reffered to abusive "parents". Needless to say, I have hard time feeling sympathy for her father, her mother, OTOH, had one hell of bad luck.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cruella said:
That's how I remember it too, but I thought that I might have missed something as kuroikagesoku reffered to abusive "parents". Needless to say, I have hard time feeling sympathy for her father, her mother, OTOH, had one hell of bad luck.
I don't have so much sympathy for him personally, but I do feel for the family. That panel of the family when they were happy makes me think there were times when things weren't so bad for Rochine. Having them end up being broken as evidenced in vol 16's flashback just makes it that much more tragic...

Top Bottom