St. Patrick's Day Randomness

Well, St. Paddy's Day is soon approaching, and so I thought that I would start a topic to see if anyone has (relatively) insane plans, or if there are fellow Irishmen about in general. Clearly, this is the perfect time of year to assert the superiority of the Celtic people and get absolutely wasted. Right now I'm looking at a lot of Guinness, and continuing my tradition of climbing trees in a Batman costume.
saoirse2ml3.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even know when that day is, and I probably won't do anything special when it's upon us. Cheers! :SK:

Bah, I'm sure the Irish diaspora just hasn't made much of an impact in France. I've yet to see a Frenchman who can out drink a true son of Erin.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pfff, don't be so cocky. There are people here that can drink more alcohol than it takes to kill a normal man, and they don't need a special day to do it either. It's just like everywhere else I'm sure, alcoholism isn't exclusive. :troll:

I don't think I've ever "partaken" in St. Patty's day for years, namely since early high-school with the whole pinching shit I always hated. As for getting drunk, I don't drink, but I know tons of people who got wasted daily as Aazealh said without having to have a holiday to excuse them. I guess for some people it's become a day to double that intake, so maybe that's good.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Last year my buddies and I went to one of our favorite pubs (J.J. Mahoney's) and drank from noon on Saint Patty's Day until 2:00 AM the next morning. It was a ton of fun and I'm hoping to do something similar this coming weekend. :badbone:

I'm sure I've got a drop of Irish in me. I'd celebrate my probable heritage but I've been on the wagon for a year now and I'm not going to fuck that up. I suppose my alternative is to smoke lotsa trees and spend the day watching B-rate documentaries.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I spent the last one in New Orleans. I doubt this year will live up to that... especially considering I'm in fucking Tennessee, of all godforsaken places... ugh!

What!? Oktoberfest?! Who wants to drink with the Germans? Sir, they drink their beer WARM, and they can't even make a decent whiskey. Jameson whiskey and Guinness will outdo anything they can put forward, and German women...I mean ugh.

Even German women cant compare to this!!!!

Caution watch at your own discretion ****

This scene may be highly disturbing:
[hide]http://orgazmovstrex.ytmnd.com/[/hide]

back on topic. I wont be able to drink on St.Patties.. :judo:
too much work. Hope everyone else has fun though.
P.S. Dont fight over what drinking festival is more intense. They are all great.
Drinking doesn't discriminate. The children that are born after a wild St.patties or Oktoberfest are proof of that. :-X
:guts:

bph said:
German women...I mean ugh.

Haha! That's true.  I scratch my eyes out every time I see Heidi Klum.  :troll:

Oktoberfest forever!  :chomp: :serpico:

Edit to add: Argh! Looks like we are losers! :judo: "The Germans are behind only the Czechs and the Irish in their per capita consumption of beer." (Wikipedia) :troll:

Okay, granted, there are some good looking Germans (in Protestant Northern Germany, mostly).  BUT, I don't know of anyone who would make the case that the Slavic, Catholic Germans are a good looking people.  Granted, we Iris don't tan well, and Doug Stanhope (a great comedian) was thrown out of Ireland for saying that Irish women were "too ugly to rape".

relmneiko

Scaffold of Rotting Wood
Ah, St. Patty's. This year my coworkers forced me to wear a gigantic green clover hat after severe pinching because I was not wearing any green. Then someone brought in a bunch of beer and we all ended up drinking on the job - except for the manager, who was supposed to be the responsible one, who took money out of the till to buy us pizza. He's allowed to do that.

Fun times. Really, it's just another excuse to drink yourself under the table. :p

Top Bottom