Does this have any significance?

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
Berserk volume 16, chapter 8. Guts has beaten Roshinu and the Skull Knight is walking through the aftermath of the fight, he says something about Guts to the effect of (as far as I can tell with the translations I have):

"Can he continue to walk it as a man? Or will he..."

Now without finishing that sentence, Skull Knight then consumes a Beherit and the chapter flicks to Guts. After he recovers from the demons attack, Guts says (again, excuse the translation I have if its wrong):

"A beast, a monster?"
"I... am me. And nothing on this earth can change me"

Now, my question is, on that same page (below) one of the cells flicks to a Beherit Guts has in his pack for no good reason... does that have any significance?

171.jpg

Sorry if this question has been covered before, I'm new ;D

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
OK, I've read afew more on the topics in this forum, and while the Skull Knight quote has been covered quite well (numerous times, sorry!) I didn't see anyone bring up that cell on that particular page.

By showing it, and then having Guts say nothing can change him, does it debunk any though of Guts using a Beherit?

Is it suggesting that it could change Guts? Suggesting the Beherit to be "not of this world"?

Or does the Beherit have some connection to Guts inner beast? For example while the red Beherit protected/save Griffith on afew occasions, could a Beherit have a negative influence if someone who is not destined to, (or a branded person) possesses it?

Anyway, I'm babbling. Whats your opinion? Significant?

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Well, I think that Guts will _never_ use the Beherit. It would be succumbing to that which he hates most.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
If he does use the beherit, it'll probably be either triggered by chance (blood splatter or just extremely strong emotion) or maybe he'll just go so crazy that he'll lose sight of what he hates and go ahead with it.

But I have my doubts that he'll use the beherit at all.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Hmm, with the amount of blood Guts splatters, I wouldn't be surprised.  ;)

Yeah, I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten his blood on it all this time. But I guess that's causality for you. :-X

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
An interesting semi-on-topic point: Guts touching Griffith is what triggered the Crimson Behelit; an important detail that’s easily lost in the enormity of the situation.

-Griffith

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
*has been Hagued* Whenever I think of Berserk now, my mind is clear. Sigh...

Haguing is the Path to Joy.

Top Bottom