Re: BERSERK: THE MOVIE Posters

80'sposter.jpg

It's the 80's action cult classic starring Dolph Lundgren! :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Love that font. Great tagline too. :guts:

I remember seeing this movie in theatres when I was a kid. I think I have a wav of the opening credit sequence on my hard drive. If I find it I'll post it:

edit: found it.

CnC

Ad Oculos

_Very_ nice. I like it. That font works very well. Good work on that

Haha, very nice one you got there Griff ! I specially like the real look the armor has (you got the effect using photoshop, isn't it?) and though Dolph maybe isn't the perfect Guts he is still a good candidate. 8)

Great job everyone, keep it up :guts:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

Dolph Lundgren at that age looks a lot more like Guts to me then Wally Szczerbiak, but both posters are phenominal work. Very cool Griff. :carcus:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Thanks guys, and look what I found, it's the apologetic 2006 DVD release!

80'sDVD.jpg

Complete with a cleaned up, watered down, generically modern style and more cliché tagline! :troll::​

Since it's the DVD release here's the behind the scenes making of featurette...

The main man is of course Dolph Lundgren circa The Punisher (as per Casting Director Nightcrawler's suggestion). The armor and Beast were modified in photoshop from images of some model kits and the DS is from a repainted statue (from DirectDK and the Art Department at http://www.berserkstatues.com/). The title logo and font is based off and created from the bigdullredbrand image made famous at Black Sun over Midland, and the bitchen font used for Dolph's name is called Metal Lord (other fonts used on the poster and DVD are Goudy Old Style and Copperplate Gothic Light, the "deluxe collector's edition" is from a Troma DVD =). Finally, that killer tagline on the original poster was penned by Script Supervisor WallyB. (who also did the soundtrack) and a special thanks to Executive Producer Aazealh for his input throughout the production.

Again, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, and keep those submissions coming!

:void: Easter Egg Trivia: On the original poster, can you guess from which movie the credits are taken from?

So Dolphs head really does work.

I could tell you it looks really good, but you probably already know. ;)

CnC

Ad Oculos

damn nice work.

I like this one a lot better than the first. The beast mode seemed kinda tacked on and pushed to the side. Perhaps if you had it above and faded in the background or something. Either way this one is much nicer, imo.

what kind of features can we expect from the deluxe edition?

Griffith

Sparnage said:
I could tell you it looks really good, but you probably already know. ;)

No, please, go on. :carcus:

CnC said:
damn nice work.

I like this one a lot better than the first. The beast mode seemed kinda tacked on and pushed to the side. Perhaps if you had it above and faded in the background or something. Either way this one is much nicer, imo.

Thanks, and funny you should mention that stuff... the DVD is actually closer to what the original poster was going to look like before I really went for the whole 80's B movie motif with Dolph. That's why it's got that slightly blue tint, higher contrast, rougher look, tepidly cheesy tagline, and of course, the crappy superimposed monster/alien ripoff hovering awkwardly. ;D

I love the differences from those old "embarrassing" posters to current DVD releases where they try to class it up, with sound, though boring, results.

Thanks again for the feedback guys, but it's someone else's turn now.

Blade

Master of the Simulacrum

Though this isn't exactly related to motion pictures, it could go up on a different "type" of Big Screen...heh.
berserkfps1tw.jpg

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

Heh, neat idea. Although at 100% health Guts' statis icon in the center probably wouldn't be all bloody and beat up, but this is coming from a doom fanatic :serpico:

Nice work!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Neat idea Blade, it's true it's not a movie poster and it loses some of its charm because of the B&W but it's still cool.

CnC

Ad Oculos

haha.

well, its not a movie poster but it did get a laugh out of me.

cheers

Griffith

hahaha, perfect idea and image choice, if you want to go all out in photoshop, color it and use the pixelette/mosaic tool to make it look like authentic DOOM.

BERSERK DOOM REVIVAL!

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=5180.0

:troll:

"Griffith No More!" said:
:void: Easter Egg Trivia: On the original poster, can you guess from which movie the credits are taken from?

No matter how hard I look, it's too small to figure out (and too blurred when I maximise it). As no one else has got it, are you going to tell?

Griffith

Oh yeah, glad you brought that up (or are interested at all), I guess if nobody gets it I'll reveal it later this week with likely my ultimate poster submission.

Maybe I should offer a prize?  :troll:

And thanks for reviving the thread Borgoff.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Oh yeah, glad you brought that up (or are interested at all), I guess if nobody gets it I'll reveal it later this week with likely my ultimate poster submission.

Maybe I should offer a prize?  :troll:

Well I was curious; knowing you I can only guess it to be something witty and ironic, like the credits to the Care Bears movie or something equally conflicting to what a Berserk movie would be. ;D

Void Easter Egg Trivia: On the original poster, can you guess from which movie the credits are taken from?
I think I saw Mario Kassar's name is in there, and the only movie (I could find) with him as producer and Dolph starring is Universal Soldier.
If I'm right, the prize goes to the charity of your choice =)

Top Bottom