A scene in volume 15 used in an Italian film

I don't know if any of you have discussed this before but here goes:

In the film La Vita Bella the main character Guido stumbles upon a pile of bodies in the mist. This pile of bodies looks very familiar to the pile Guts finds in the Mist valley where all the bug men sprout out of. Just wanted to point that out, trying to get screencaps.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's unlikely the movie was inspired by that scene in Berserk, so I guess there would need to be a common inspiration for it. It's also interesting to mention that a similar thing appears in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night under the name Legion (now a recurrent boss in the series). And all 3 references were released in a short time interval too. Now keep in mind that the one from Berserk is related to the insects guarding the Misty Valley, among which are several beetles (some beetles having the peculiar trait of rolling dung into spherical balls). This could easily explain that.

That being said I'm all for some screenshots, because while I've seen the movie La Vita è Bella, I don't remember anything like that in it. I guess I didn't pay enough attention.

im still looking In the mean time if anybody has the pic from VOL 15 im talking about that would be a huge help that way i wont have to scan mine when i get the screencap

thanks!! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is:

BallofCorpses.jpg

Why don't you just put it on youtube? It would be streaming and much easier for everyone to see. :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kuroikagesoku said:
well its not as ball shaped as that
still though strikingly similar

Why do I have the feeling it's going to not be resembling it in any particular way?

CnC

Ad Oculos
ok I couldn't really find a picture but you're referring to a scene in a concentration camp where Guido comes across a pile of bodies, right?

Not to break the spirit of the thread but it is a pile, not a ball. I think we should move on.

Isn't there supposed to be picture(s) appearing in here of a ball/slump/pile of bodies that kinda, sorta, somewhat resemble a scene from the manga Berserk in an itallian film?

:???:

- C

Well i messed up big time

I printed screen and now when i go to upload it its a black screen

and i just deleted the torrent. :judo:

im sorry guys ill start it up again!

This suspense is killing me! :schierke:

Anyway, If you want a picture of a pile of corpses similar to the one in Berserk.
There is a shot of a pile of borg, in star trek voyager.
http://www.geocities.com/delta_story/sc_scorpion1_02.html
scroll down, its hard to miss.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Anyway, If you want a picture of a pile of corpses similar to the one in Berserk.

To be honest I don't think it's very similar to the one in Berserk. What a mess this thread is...

kuroikagesoku
Well i messed up big time
I printed screen and now when i go to upload it its a black screen
and i just deleted the torrent. Poor Jodo...
im sorry guys ill start it up again

If it's just a picture go to photobucket and post it, no need to torrent it. :troll:

Posted by: Ramen4ever

This suspense is killing me!

Well, yes, that's a pile, but in Berserk, it's a ball of bodies, almost like it was alive. :puck:

- C

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, ain't that blurry. I'll agree that the first picture has a certain round look to its upper part, but as CnC pointed out it's clearly just a pile of bodies, so nothing special in this case. I can understand why you feel there's a resemblance, but it's most certainly a complete coincidence.

Top Bottom