The struggle with Causality

Excuse me if this has been mentioned in depth, I did a quick search for a few pages and only found bits and pieces of what I wanted to discuss. Anyways, kind of got a spark in an idea this morning, I was thinking about the current "struggles" that involve Guts and Skull Knight and the "fish" metaphor. Now it's obvious (well, at least to my notion at this point) Causality isn't something that can be completely destroyed or anything of the sort, and imo at best Skull Knight and Guts are becoming new variables within it that have potential to distort the -intended- flow of the spiral.

But what I ask is to what degree have they really been successful? Skull Knight saves Guts and Casca during the Eclipse, but it is Guts and Casca's premature son that becomes a device of sorts at Albion (correct me if I'm wrong here) for the incarnation ceremony, which might not have been completely possible had their child hadn't followed them to the tower (namely Casca). Is it possible that this is still within the intent of the Idea and/or Causality, or can it be that Guts and Skull Knight are considered an unknown factor and still adapted as some new variable? Also, as the topic says, if they "have" made progress, what, if any, do you feel shows this specifically?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you're asking a question that doesn't have any real answers yet. It's not clear to what degree SK or Guts' motives are independant or in line with the ultimate path of Causality, however, it's likely they're doing a mixture of both. We don't regularly get shots of the Idea of Evil shouting: "Curses!" However, this scene from ep 237 to me says that the two are heading in that direction.

Skully - The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world
Skully - There is not a single one who threatens him in the human world
Skully - It's like if a character in a tale defied its creator
Skully - It can never happen
Skully - To challenge and to touch the Hawk
Skully - One must also be residing outside of the tale, like them

Being outside the tale means they are variables in the makeup of the world. Skully, Guts and Apostles all reside in the Interstice, on the fringe of the gridlocked influence of Causality. It's why Ganishka and they have the option of defying the "tale."

Walter said:
Skully - The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world
Skully - There is not a single one who threatens him in the human world
Skully - It's like if a character in a tale defied its creator
Skully - It can never happen
Skully - To challenge and to touch the Hawk
Skully - One must also be residing outside of the tale, like them
Ah, thanks, last few I barely remembered, but that definitely cleared up where they are placed (to "me" as well). I don't doubt that Guts and SK are heading in that direction, and I don't feel the Idea of Evil is screaming "NEXT TIME GUTS, NEXT TIME!" either, but I still get a little feeling that even the recent Ganishka v Guts and the events after -may- have been (again, to me) "All within the intended flow", but that basically cleared it up for me till we do get a definitive (if we ever do?) answer to whether or not its working.

Top Bottom