New default theme - SKnet 2.0 - BOLD new era

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the ... praise? I don't think we're that tough on "idiots," :guts: We're certainly more cordial than we used to be.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
For some reason I keep getting logged out ever since the new theme was implemented :???:

Yeah, it's an old bug that returned for some unexplained reason. Just clicking on any link will log you back in, you don't have to retype your login and password everytime. Hopefully that gets fixed in the next version of SMF.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
New banner by Griffith.  :griffnotevil: Looks pretty snazzy, I must say.

He solved the riddle I'd been puzzling over for a few weeks: how to elegantly incorporate the site's title into the banner while still keeping the Skull Knight eyes theme.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
As much as I'll miss trying to read the little bits of text in his eyes, this new view of Skully is a welcome one.

I'm liking the speech bubble solution especially, great job Griffith! :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VirulentShuriken said:
how about having a bunch of different skull knight header images and have them be random when they load? :schnoz:
Considered it, but I wanted it to be static because it would be a little distracting to see a different image upon clicking each individual thread.

Walter said:
Considered it, but I wanted it to be static because it would be a little distracting to see a different image upon clicking each individual thread.

How about making it change on a daily or weekly basis? (then we'd have a new thing to see when we visit daily) I'm sure code can be written to do that. Don't get me wrong the static image is fine, i'm just throwing so ideas around. :rakshas:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VirulentShuriken said:
How about making it change on a daily or weekly basis? (then we'd have a new thing to see when we visit daily) I'm sure code can be written to do that. Don't get me wrong the static image is fine, i'm just throwing so ideas around. :rakshas:
Nah, if I were going to put forth the coding time to do that, I'd just write a script that lets users select which banner they want. But, I think this one looks the best. :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Okin said:
Awesome...but where's the right rim of his collar?

I guess I'd better answer that. It's basically a style choice, I had another version with a simple stylized rim too but it was a more hip transition from banner to the rest of the board this way.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I guess I'd better answer that. It's basically a style choice, I had another version with a simple stylized rim too but it was a more hip transition from banner to the rest of the board this way.

Thanks for the kind words all.
Well, I personally really dig the artistic license you took with the "collar."

Top Bottom