Episode 284

Title: ミッドランド正規軍 - Midland's regular army

07v08.jpg

2026.jpg

Check out this!!! A Japanese book vendor started a stir about what Miura was working on over the past many months! He said that this is on flyers to be in the new release of YA Arasi and theres sure to be more infos in YA with the publish of episode 284! It looks like our suspicions were right!!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Episode 284 (+ special preview)

Yeah, how many April fools jokes are people going to do? I don't even get the gag on this one. Bearded Guts in the next episode... Ha ha? Looks pretty good though.

Mordenheim

Wii love you

It may be no joke. I came here to share the same thing but looks like Tomo beat me to it. This has been getting buzz for months its not just something that came up today. Its even been discussed here before in the current ep threads if you remember. I for one hope its on the mark because Id much like that over a game or artbook.

Yeah yeah, and Aolsier is going to take away the DS, and Guts is going to be ass raped by Griffith and die. This April Fools crap is getting old.

Mordenheim

Wii love you

You dont sound like one to decide gaijin. Do you even know what YA Arasi is? its okay to skeptical until its more widely confirmed but theres no need to sound off ignorantly because youve been easily fooled by others. A lot of people have been following this for months.

Hey I'm sorry if I pissed you off, it just seems really unlikely to me, being april 1st and all, and hey if it turns out to be true well then I'm wrong.

A

avidwriter

So this is a japanse April Fools joke or a nicely done American one?

Clearly Guts will perform the fusion dance with Ganishka to become a super-Berserker and kill Griffith. :troll:

That is a neat picture though. Cast Away Guts might be interesting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CnC said:
His nose is bent.

You sure? Looks normal to me... Honestly I'd call it a hoax if it weren't for the picture, it's uncannily like Miura's artwork... Anyway I guess we won't have to wait for long to find out, if it's in YA Arasi I'm pretty sure it'll be in regular YA as well.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Aazealh said:
You sure? Looks normal to me...

Well, whether or not its real or not is another matter, but the nose _is_ bent. I wouldn't think Miura could miss something like that (he hasn't in the past)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CnC said:
I wouldn't think Miura could miss something like that (he hasn't in the past)

Guts has a broken nose!! :troll: He looks so old anyway... I wonder if that's what using the armor for 20 years would do to him. He looks like a hermit, what a life cycle that'd be, back to being a ragged loner in the end. It'd sure be interesting to know what events could have led to such a situation. Well, in any case I'm curious to see what the normal episode preview will be now.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

My first thought was that it could be a doctored image of Godo, with Guts' nose and missing right eye photoshopped onto it.  Just a guess, though. :void:

Well assuming that this is real, I have an interesting idea of how that could all turn out, because we all know, if Guts goes to elf helm with Casca and shes sane, and theres no real threats, I mean sure he wants revenge, but he'd probably just stay in elf helm with Casca. So lets say they travel to elf helm and by doing so they travel farther into the intercise between the Astral realm and farther away from the real world Guts somehow is thrown over board and is on an island that is farther into the astral realm perhaps he would meet some kind of entity that would turn him into a skull knight like being except he would be the beast knight or something like that, different and perhaps sk went through something similar explaining the elfish od that puck read from him, because they are near Elf Helm, so yeah I dunno it all is really far fetched.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Donald Shimoda said:
So lets say they travel to elf helm and by doing so they travel farther into the intercise between the Astral realm and farther away from the real world Guts somehow is thrown over board and is on an island that is farther into the astral realm perhaps he would meet some kind of entity that would turn him into a skull knight like being except he would be the beast knight or something like that, different and perhaps sk went through something similar explaining the elfish od that puck read from him, because they are near Elf Helm, so yeah I dunno it all is really far fetched.
That is one loooooooooooong sentence.

I'll reserve judgement on this thing until the YA comes out. It looks cool though,even if it turns out to not be legitimate. Old Guts? Can't say I haven't thought of the possibility before, and I don't think I'd be alone.

Any word on a translation of that 20 KANJI KANJI thing in the corner?

That'd sure be a surprise, another jump in time! Seems a bit too random to be real; though going several years into the future after Ganishka's gone down, Griffith is king, and all that would be kinda cool I guess.

S

Sanguinius

A jump in time really would not surprise me, but I would be surprised if Miura skipped over the teutonic battle of Wyndham, after all the build up there has been, but I could believe it. I think I would miss the political intrigue even more, of exactly how Griffith re-establishes the ancient Kingdom of Midland and makes himself the second coming of Gaiseric unifier of all lands.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

About a jump in time, I think it could be great depending how it's done. Let's not forget a good amount of the story so far has been a flashback (Golden Age), so the story could move forward, then the events be told in such a way. Would be much faster and probably as effective on a storytelling point, and that'd allow the series to end within 10 or 15 years instead of 40 or however unrealistically long it could take otherwise. It'd also keep us on the edge, seeing stuff and progressively finding out how it happened. Or maybe the two things could be told in parallel, like it's done for other series. We'd have a "Berserk early age" and a "Berserk end of days" or something, like some kind of spin-off. Bah, whatever, we'll see. Just tossing some ideas around.

Walter said:
Any word on a translation of that 20 KANJI KANJI thing in the corner?

I hadn't noticed this until you pointed it out... Says a lot about my attention span. -__-; Anyway it says "20 years later."

If its a joke its from Japan but nobody has said so. So its likely real and i hope so! About the timing in the story from those knowing better then I is it could be something like a gaiden like the episodes of snow and flames. Something already done but that would not continue as part of the series. But none really knows. Maybe its why during his break they ran timelines of berserk history?

Top Bottom