Episode 284

Re: Episode 284 (+ special preview)

Aolsier, fake translations...I'll comment after the episode comes out, I think. As Pres. Bush said "There’s an old saying in Tennessee, I know its in Texas probably Tennessee too, that says ‘Fool me Once...shame on...shame on you...Fool me can’t get fooled again’.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

The more I think about it, the more I'm hoping it won't turn out to be a fake. How Miura would pull off such a huge leap forward in time as 20 years really intrigues me. In the end, I have faith that Miura will make it work, no matter what direction he decides to take the story in. :serpico:

A

avidwriter

HawaiianStallion said:
That'd sure be a surprise, another jump in time! Seems a bit too random to be real; though going several years into the future after Ganishka's gone down, Griffith is king, and all that would be kinda cool I guess.

I was thinking the same. Kind of like how the series started. A few episodes or volumes in the "20 years later" the jump back to right around 283. Or perhaps they've been at sea/in Elfhelm and they are going to return to Midland where Griffith is king etc etc. Its all possible but its still possible its fake. When is the preview for 284 coming Wednesday?

Sorry for being a noob, but what's the difference between the regular YA and YA Arasi?

As for a potential flash forward (or permanent jump forward)... I dunno how I'd feel about it. I'd really like to see Guts and co. arrive at Elfhelm in 'real time'. I'd rather not be presented with a bearded Guts, a cured Casca and a fully grown-up Schierke, be thinking, 'how the hell did this happen?!', and then be told in a series of flashbacks. I think that would annoy me more than intrigue me. I mean, I'm already intrigued enough as it is, what, with Griffith vs Ganishka, Elfhelm, Causality, Skull Knight, that kid on the beach (forgot his name, how embarassing...).There's already so much going on. I'll be plenty satisfied if Berserk continues the way it's going.

That's not to say I'm not open to change though. I have confidence that whatever Miura decides to do it will be great.

So yeh, can't wait 'til the 6th!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

krumm47 said:
Sorry for being a noob, but what's the difference between the regular YA and YA Arasi?

YA Arasi is some kind of spin-off. They're two different magazines, though related, and YA is semi-monthly while YA Arasi is monthly.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]

i know guts is pretty old looking right now but, isnt he only like 24 years old or something along those lines. Will he really look this freakin old at 40? how old was godo before he died?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Kaji-Ryohji said:
i know guts is pretty old looking right now but, isnt he only like 24 years old or something along those lines. Will he really look this freakin old at 40?

Well, the armor is aging him pretty fast it seems... It's already taken quite a toll on him, so imagine if he used it for decades...

Evarella

Re-reading Berserk for the 16th time.

Hm, if this is indeed real (which I don't really think so...), then it's something that I'd normally cringe and flee at. However, since Miura will be pulling it off, I feel he could do so correctly. I just think that Miura is most definitely not the type to repeat things over and over again in a story, and to time jump that far would be rather odd and remind us too much of the original jump we had at the beginning of the series. Whatever happens, I trust Miura, though.

I just wonder...what can old man!Guts do that has been wearing the armor for so long that it's obviously rapidly aged him in such a way? I mean, what can he do as in what can he do to take out Apostles and fight the Godhand? Not to mention that Casca, Farnese, and Serpico would all be much older...hm, I think it depends. If a twenty-five year jump would indeed happen, how will that effect the narrative of the story? Would Griffith and Charlotte magically have babies? Griffith would be King and we never even seen him get there? Would all of the Apostles and major tiers of the series still be living? And if not, wouldn't that be a bit lame to have assumed they were killed by Guts yet we never really get to witness his jump in power because of this timeskip? Seems a bit messy, and just not Miura's style, though as I stated he could pull it off in a completely different manner than I just theorized.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity

Walter said:
That is one loooooooooooong sentence.

XD yeah that was.

I don't really want or expect any time jump beyond a few months to a couple years. Miura could probably make it work. Skullknight is pretty awesome after a 1000 year jump. Honestly I'd just prefer to see the story end with a semi-youthful Guts and Company though. If it is real then the big question becomes, would farnese still be hot at 40? Probably!

Evarella

Re-reading Berserk for the 16th time.

Serpico said:
XD yeah that was.

I don't really want or expect any time jump beyond a few months to a couple years. Miura could probably make it work. Skullknight is pretty awesome after a 1000 year jump. Honestly I'd just prefer to see the story end with a semi-youthful Guts and Company though. If it is real then the big question becomes, would farnese still be hot at 40? Probably!

Well, we don't really know the origins of Skull Knight, or, for that matter...how and where exactly Elfhelm stands with 'outside' time (how people age there? I'm assuming it's not identical to Flora's place or anything, but...). Guts is human. Although with that armor I'm sure he'd be awesome for a 50 year old, he'd still be physically fifty. Would his body be able to handle what the armor does to it as much at that age? He'd probably need to use the armor if indeed there are still so many obstacles left to overcome before he reaches Griffith. They'd all be...middle-aged. I don't know. That seems a bit odd to me, but Miura can make anything awesome.

And I'd still tap Farnese at forty :carcus:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity

Evarella said:
Well, we don't really know the origins of Skull Knight, or, for that matter...how and where exactly Elfhelm stands with 'outside' time (how people age there? I'm assuming it's not identical to Flora's place or anything, but...).

Yeah, Elfhelm probably holds a lot of mysteries that could alter things. Its going to be interesting.

Evarella said:
And I'd still tap Farnese at forty :carcus:

lol :serpico: well guessing by her mom I would say me too.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Evarella said:
If a twenty-five year jump would indeed happen, how will that effect the narrative of the story?
Serpico said:
I don't really want or expect any time jump beyond a few months to a couple years.

The kanji next to the image says "20 Years Later," so if there is going to be a jump forward in time, I imagine that's the duration of the leap.

Man I cant wait for this episode lol, I'm excited, and hell Miura has spent what over a month on this, so who knows perhaps a huge change such as going 20 years foward into the story isn't entirely out of the question. Perhaps things just are sumarized gradually over the next few episodes, guts sort of narrates what happens next, showing us his memories of elf helm what transpires there and what ultimately leads to him being in the situation he is now. He would be talking in thoughts. Then maybe he shares his knowledge of griffith, of what has become of griffith thus far, and then maybe he would show us that he had killed many apostles. Perhaps also what else has become of the characters in his group.

I could definately see this happening, and it would be a good way to do it.

Rhombad thats the exact same thing I thought about an hour ago.

I'm glad it wasnt just me.

Hi guys;
I've been a long-time lurker on this board, but this is my first post. So, I hope I do not say anything stupid to have myself branded as an evil-noob of sorts. In any case, on with the post (it seems like it took a bizarre event/fake to get me to post finally!)

What I wanted to discuss was a possibility that few have really thought about in regards to this twenty-year leap. In other assessments of how the story might pan-out people have generally suggested that Guts would still be very active in this 20-year period. However, upon thinking about it, it seems to me that currently the story is in such a place right now that it is perhaps conceivable that a major break and period of calm begins. For example, assuming Griffith becomes king and Guts makes it to elf helm is it really logically to assume Guts would be active in this period of time? Guts character of late has been extremely tired of late, and, at the same time, his "desire for vengeance" seems to have waned in recent volumes. In fact, part of the theme of the manga in recent years has emphasized friendship and loyalty over individual pursuits.

In this sense, maybe it is conceivable to assume that Guts simply spends 20 years on elf helm with little knowledge of the outside world or reason to fight at all. Maybe he is finally spurred to leave elf helm 20-years later after a tragic event or some kind (read; the death of Casca). If such a situation panned out it is possible that the events may represent a dystopic version of the future in which not only Griffith rules, but in which a main character has died or is dying....

Anyway, it seems to me that if the preview is indeed true; the above is perhaps the most logical way in which it might occur. Having said this, like many others, I am also intrigued as to what this might mean for the story. However, in my opinion it would mean a refreshing twist in the plot, which although picking up of late, has remained stagnant for while. This said; if this is all a joke I'm clearly some rambling moron and my comments can be easily disregarded.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party

Maybe it's just a dream of Guts or one of his friends :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Lets' try to keep the thread at least a little on topic about episode 284 (it's out this week!) and not this other nonsense. Does anybody think the episode might switch to Guts and co? Personally, I'd like to see a little post-battle pillow talk with Griff and his new friends. =)

Top Bottom