Delusion's Berserk fanart

Hello there all! I'm extremely new here. I've been lurking in non-membership for a while now, but I finally decided to join up. I'm usually quite scared of screwing up on these BBS forums, so... here goes. I'm a big fan of Berserk- which just came totally out of nowhere for me. Mr. Miura has become a big inspiration to me, both in artwork and story. I'm an aspiring comic artist/writer (aren't we all?) and Berserk has been a big influence on me.

Ah, but all this matters little! Really, I just wanted to share with all you fans a bit of my own fan work. It's a little old, but, I still like it for what it is. And, since I've no idea how to work the BBcode here, I'll just give you my thumbnail and a link. Enjoy! Any comments/crits will be well received.

2006_0106_gutsupdate_s.jpg

http://reversedelusion.com/junk/2006_0106_gutsupdate.jpg

Nice to meet you all! I hope I can get to know everyone.
-Delusion

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
delusion said:
Hello there all! I'm extremely new here. I've been lurking in non-membership for a while now, but I finally decided to join up.  I'm usually quite scared of screwing up on these BBS forums, so... here goes.

Hey, welcome to SK.net! :serpico:  No need to be scared of screwing up on here, as long as your posts are made with some intelligence and you use the "search" function before posting new threads in certain sections.

delusion said:
Ah, but all this matters little! Really, I just wanted to share with all you fans a bit of my own fan work. It's a little old, but, I still like it for what it is. And, since I've no idea how to work the BBcode here, I'll just give you my thumbnail and a link. Enjoy! Any comments/crits will be well received.

http://reversedelusion.com/junk/2006_0106_gutsupdate_s.jpg

That's really cool, I like it.

Thanks very much! Yeah, this site has tons of information, and I've already found some great stuff. It really made me want to join up. I love your drawing BBS here as well. Seems like lots of fun! I'll do my very best to keep within your rules. Thanks for the kind welcome!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hi Delusion! Welcome to Sk.net!

Cool work! I really like it. The red highlights in the armor are a nice touch, and I like what you did with the cape. I think it could use some brighter spots, like in the face or where you'd like the viewer's eye to lock on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello there Delusion, welcome! :SK: I like your fan art, it's well done. Simple but effective color scheme. Please post more in the future. :serpico:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Looks great! There is nowhere near enough berserk fanart, here or anywhere. Good to have quality contributions.

*looks at your other pages* I know Savi if you know her.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Welcome Delusion, and may I say that's a mighty fine piece of fan art you have there! :carcus: The whole thing is awesome, but I especially love the little details that you put in the background. It really makes it pop out for me. :guts:

Thanks everyone for your nice comments and welcomes!

CnC: I agree with you.. The image really needs a better focal point to pull it together. I liked to keep it dark, but.. it tends to slip into being too dark. The red blood on the sword didn't pull the eye quite the way I would have liked.

Serpico: Savi's my roommate. The internet/world really is too small, isn't it? And more Berserk fanart will be made.. mark my words.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
That's a fantastic way to introduce yourself! Amazing piece, I look forward to seeing more and also look forward to meeting you in the chat room! :carcus:

Serpico

delusion said:
Serpico: Savi's my roommate. The internet/world really is too small, isn't it? And more Berserk fanart will be made.. mark my words.

Ohhhh cool. I just know her online. Last time I chatted with her she told me her friend had gotten her into Berserk though. I suppose that was you! Anyway I'll be looking forward to your next work.

Delusion's Berserk Colors

Hey again guys. Thought I'd keep this thread rather than make a new one.. even though this time it is not fanart. I'm in a class entitled Computer Coloring for Comics, and one of our assignments is to take any comic pages we would like and to color them. I of course could not pass up the opportunity to try my hand at some pages from my favorite comic of all time!

Some info on these pages... The two had to be in order, and I just picked two that interested me, as well as dropped out the toning easily enough. It's actually colored using a technique that's more geared for American comics (with heavy spot blacks and thin outlining), so I'm not sure how well it works with Miura's style. As well, I'm not sure that the color holds (that's where I used a color, rather than leaving the outlines black) overpower the image too much.. But it was one of the things learned in the class, and I wanted to demonstrate that.

Well, enough of my rambling. I just finished these up tonight, and regardless of the level of quality, I thought you guys here might enjoy them! :chomp:

-Del

http://reversedelusion.com/junk/berserkv28p110.jpg - http://reversedelusion.com/junk/berserkv28p111.jpg

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I like the difference done compared to some of the other talented people here! Not saying that I dislike either style or anything! Keep up the good work! :carcus:

I think they look awesome! The colors fit the mood of berserk alot better than the more popular brighter colors. Nice job! :badbone:

Serpico

Great job Del! I really like the style. I think you caught the mood of the images pretty well too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Great job Delusion. Its a hard scene to color and I think you did very well with it.

I think the color holds do overpower the image a bit much. But overall this is a very solid color.

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Dark moody color palettes are really some of my favorite, so it wasn't too far of a stretch to do something like this. I'm glad no one seemed to notice my tendency to overwork the coloring, and having added in some background elements... it means they weren't too distracting.

Thanks for the comments! I'll post more if I end up having to do more pages for this class!

CnC

Ad Oculos
delusion said:
I'm glad no one seemed to notice my tendency to overwork the coloring, and having added in some background elements... it means they weren't too distracting.

I noticed them, I figured that was the style you were going for (visible brush strokes). It works fairly well for an action scene but might be distracting to a different type of scene.

I love you choice of colors, maybe I should send you one of my favorite of pages for a color request, yes?  :guts:

- C

ps. This was my 800th post as well, yAy!

Very awesome work. The eye and skin tones are sexy. That's an awesome class you're in too! POST MORE! I eagerly await more from you. :chomp:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Agreed, gorgeous stuff. You use the sort of color pallete I would use if I knew WTF I was doing. :guts:

Mind if I steal your color schemes on that day, lost in the mists of future, when I do more colors?

Thank you everyone! You're too kind!

Lithrael: certainly! If you like it so much, feel free... Honestly, the way I do my "color schemes" is to pick the color of my light, and the color of my shadows, usually using opposing colors on the color wheel. In this case, all of my backgrounds and shadow colors are a dark desaturated green. Making my "light" color a very light saturated pink (no joke...). All of the rest of the colors- the skin tones, hair colors, etc, I just tried to get as close to what I'd seen in the official art... and then they were changed when I went over them with my light and shadow colors.

It's a great way to get things to look like they fit together and just click with each other. Hehe, I hope that helps you, more than just sampling my colors! :casca:

Nice work, I really like how you did the shading and gave it more of a "painting" sort of feel to it.

Also, welcome to the site and good to see another Berserk fan from Georgia here!

Mmm, yes. I find I don't have much to contribute here aside from artwork. Everyone is so berserk knowledgeable! I love just reading what everyone says. It's great that this forum is here, to begin with.

Anyway, I just got back from JAcon'07, anime con down in Orlando, FL. And.. gasp! I was commissioned to do a Berserk image while being in the Artist's Alley. I was super excited to do it! Unfortunately I only managed to get a photo of it with my digital camera, before I had to give it up to its rightful owner. Either way I thought I'd share! Done on Sunday in an hour and a half on 11''x14'' bristol board.. the only reference I had was a Guts action figure I bought in the dealer's room :guts:

http://reversedelusion.com/upload/gutscaska.jpg

Enjoy guys~!

delusion said:
http://reversedelusion.com/upload/gutscaska.jpg
Enjoy guys~!
Aw! It's ye olden times Guts and Casca. Oh hey, it's the scene where she is just wearing his shirt. I don't remember it quite happening that way, teehee. Thanks a lot for sharing with us! There isn't nearly enough Guts and Casca (or any Berserk fanart out there, but specifically of that couple) fanart!

It's sort of making me wonder if maybe I should pick up my pencil and add in my own contribution to the lackage! But so laaaaazy... *stares at pencil* Hmm... *reaches for it*

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hey there, delusion. I'm glad you got a picture of it before it was wisked away. Its an interesting subject matter. Guts just got through killin' some folks now he's ready for some lovin'. :guts: :casca:

Its got some proportion/foreshortening issues specifically on Gut's head, hips and legs and Casca's leg. I like the rendering on Casca's (or guts, rather :carcus:) shirt.

spineylamb said:
It's sort of making me wonder if maybe I should pick up my pencil and add in my own contribution to the lackage! But so laaaaazy... *stares at pencil* Hmm... *reaches for it*

Go for it. Always good to see some activity on the 'Station.

Top Bottom