Proposition for a new section

Hello everybody. I have been on the forum for a few years, and been through my skullknight ups and downs, but I am a very happy part of this place. Yes, I know most people hate me, or maybe they are just jealous. :carcus: Just kidding, seriously though, I was curious about a new topic or section if you choose to call it such.

I see sections like the movie section, and video games. Of course those are just extras and minor compared to Berserk obviously, but I was just thinking if maybe there could be an auto section, or cars to be more specific. I am big into vehicles of all kinds. I own a 310 hp (horsepower) Muscle car myself with a 0 - 60 time of 4.8 seconds. Now this section would be for ALL autos. Fast, slow, trucks, vans, domestic (US), imports, base models, super cars, EVERYTHING! I like most vehicles and enjoy learning about such. I like learning how things work and putting them to use, as well as just knowing facts and checking out pictures and videos of Excellent machines.

I was just wondering if it would be good to maybe get the others on this forum, whether they be regular posted or lurkers, and start a car section just to add more to the community. Also, there would have to be a bashing policy. That means if you come in bashing on a vehicle for a moronic reason, like saying "all imports are gay those damn ricers!", or "Found on Road Dead", just to get a kick out of yourself, then that would require forum punishment of DooM!

Now I do understand jokes and such, I'm just saying that too much of that, equals horrible, non quality posts and threads. I would just like to maybe see a cool auto section and maybe bring more people here. Yes, I guess maybe they could come here and randomly see cool cars then get into Berserk more and support Miura, but maybe that's a far fetched theory, but why not have a cool fun section, yes? :serpico:

So what do you Admins and everyone else think? Be honest. Just a thought from berserk fan wanting to add to the community. :guts:

112_0612_03z+2006_chevrolet_corvette_zo6_2006_dodge_viper_srt10_coupe_2007_ford_shelby_gt500_coupe+front_view.jpg

Left to right: Dodge Viper GTS, Ford Shelby GT500, Chevrolet Corvette Z06

click this link to see my car before ANY upgrades

myhottienexttocar.jpg

my girl and my car currently :void:

- C

I'd go for it, but I'm just curious as to just how many posters here actually own/know about cars. Certainly, I'd be more than happy to discuss my beautifully well aged 2001 Ranger. EDIT: Oh yeah, I did have a 69' AMC Rebel in High School.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think an auto thread would be really cool, but I really don't think it could support its own section. We'll see what people think in this thread though. There could be a huge undercurrent of car fanatics here (other than C of course) that just haven't voiced their opinions.

Man, now I need to wash my car so I can take a pic of it or something. :judo:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I wish that I had a car that I could discuss excitedly. I drive a Mazda 3, it kinda sucks but it's a 2006 and it has Berserk decals on it! That alone should raise the blue book value. This was a good suggestion C, you the man!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
I think an auto thread would be really cool, but I really don't think it could support its own section. We'll see what people think in this thread though. There could be a huge undercurrent of car fanatics here (other than C of course) that just haven't voiced their opinions.

Man, now I need to wash my car so I can take a pic of it or something.
Same here but you all would laugh at me with my car, or should I say, the wifes car that I have to drive. :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I'm not a car fan either, I pretty much walk almost anywhere in a 5 mile radius. I also use my bike or the public transportation, eventhough we own 5 cars.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm more of a train person myself, I'm afraid. Anyway, I agree with Walter, let's first make a thread and see the success it gets, then we can have a section if enough people are interested.

Trains? Hah, we barely remember what those were, in the good ol' US. I remember the first time I visited Ireland, and purchased a Eurorail pass to spend a week just riding around the mainland. It felt like going back in time, almost. It was funny, because England and Ireland were more like the gas guzzling U.S., whereas France, Germany and Spain were relatively energy conscious. Of course, your gas costs almost double the price of ours, so I can understand.

This is a bit off topic, but I'm a huge WRC fan, and when I spent a semester abroad I was able to go to several rallies. One of the bigger thrills of my life, I think. Granted, my boy Colin McRae is gone, but I still enjoy watching my Ford team with Sebastian Loeb, especially since we won the manufacturers championship last year. So anyway, any other WRC fans here?

I like the idea of an auto section. And C you are an evil man.. Posting that pic of your car just to make us jealous!
My car is a Fiat Uno Turbo iE just like this one.
00003.jpg

I bet you are so jealous now.. Muahah :troll:

Anyways despite it's looks and years (17), it can make a lot of cars eat dust, the damn thing reaches 200km/h so easily.

Well thanks for the support fellas.  :serpico:

You don't have to be an enthusiast or have an expensive vehicle at all to enjoy this section. You may not even drive or be old enough, you could still enjoy the pictures, videos, and just good info. It would probably be like the video game section as well. There are a few actual posters in there, but alot of lurkers and people just getting info, myself included.

I just thought it would be a cool change, and I could learn alot more myself, yes?   :guts:

That's a cool little car you have there Fuxberg, and it doesn't matte rif it's 17 years old, as long as it runs. here's a cool picture for you:

WA289.jpg
  :carcus:

- C

Top Bottom