Question about Book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just hoping for some clarification about what happens in book 1 of BERSERK, namely in the episode called "The Brand."

When the priest's daughter's corpse becomes possessed by the evil spirits, why does Guts let her walk over and stab him? At first I thought he was stunned or too shocked to move, or is it possible she has some kind of hypnotic power?

Also, after he kills her, Guts starts to vomit when he notices her blood on his cheek. I'm not sure why he feels sick, but I'm thinking it's due to guilt at having been responsible for her death.

Am I interpreting these events correctly? :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
OmegaSeamaster said:
When the priest's daughter's corpse becomes possessed by the evil spirits, why does Guts let her walk over and stab him? At first I thought he was stunned or too shocked to move, or is it possible she has some kind of hypnotic power?

I don't think it's got anything to do with hypnosis. He was just temporarily stunned and couldn't resolve himself to cleave her in half.

OmegaSeamaster said:
Also, after he kills her, Guts starts to vomit when he notices her blood on his cheek. I'm not sure why he feels sick, but I'm thinking it's due to guilt at having been responsible for her death.

Yeah, it's likely related to having cut her in half. That and the fact he was fighting rotting skeletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom