Episode 118 ponderings

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
First chapter of Danzaihen, Bakusa no Sho: Beast of Darkness (episode 118.)

Skull Knight:  .........  Truly it is as though the flames of hell have scorched this land...

Skull Knight:  The struggling one...  so these are the footprints of his passing.

Skull Knight:  It appears to be over... it seems his devil's luck has not deserted him.

Skull Knight:  However... this path is a path of the night, far too rigorous for a human body to travel...

Skull Knight:  Can he continue to walk this path as a human?   Or...

(Skully plucks Rosine's beherit from a tree stump and looks at it for a moment contemplatively)

(the beherit clacks as it is dropped into Skully's jaw)

Skull Knight:  ............

Of course this episode is an appearance of the Beast of Darkness.  So Skully's implications concerning the Beast are understood.

BUT...

What about the beherit?  Perhaps that has some significance as foreshadowing...?  There's been plenty of discussions about Guts' beherit in his backpack... (or should I say Puck's!  Betty the Beherit!  ;D)  about whether he'd use it or not... it's been talked about to death I'm sure... I'm just wondering if this scene may be of importance to that possibility.

Then there's the bit that Marcus brought up in his earlier post... God Hand said Guts can't become "ichizoku" ("one of us" essentially)... obviously we know he can't become one of God Hand, but does "ichizoku" cover ALL types of apostles?  Makes ya wonder.

Anyhow, I've run out of brain juice... maybe some of y'all would like to share.  The zombie in me is hungry   :-X

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
God Hand said Guts can't become "ichizoku" ("one of us" essentially)... obviously we know he can't become one of God Hand, but does "ichizoku" cover ALL types of apostles?  Makes ya wonder.
Apostle's souls basically belong to God Hand just like branded people's do, so why not?

-Griffith

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
... *gets confused*

They're they same, so Guts *could* become one, or they're the same, so Guts *couldn't* become one?

Or they're the same, so Guts already IS one? Or they're the same, so ichizoku *does* cover all types of apostles?

*holds head in pain* ??? :)

M

Marcus

Hmm. I think its not really the soul but the feelings, their sorrow, pain, desires, happiness, and finally obtain the soul in their death.

I don't think Guts can become an Apostle because, I remember when the Snail Count tried to Sacrifice Guts the God Hand said he couldn't because he already was sacrificed, so if Guts ever has to make a sacrifice the only one he could sacrifice is Caska and she too has been sacrificed, so that can't happen.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
... *gets confused*

They're they same, so Guts *could* become one, or they're the same, so Guts *couldn't* become one?
What I meant was, as long as he had somebody to sacrifice, it’s not implausible.

I don't think Guts can become an Apostle because, I remember when the Snail Count tried to Sacrifice Guts the God Hand said he couldn't because he already was sacrificed, so if Guts ever has to make a sacrifice the only one he could sacrifice is Caska and she too has been sacrificed, so that can't happen.
Good point, although, he could always sacrifice his conscience…so to speak. ;D

Anyway, you’re right, besides Casca, Guts isn’t really close enough to anybody to make them worthy of sacrifice (another reason the Count couldn't use Guts), Rickert and Erica are all I can think of, so it's still possible.

-Griffith

P.S. Thanks for 118 translation, Graywords, I love the Beast.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
What I meant was, as long as he had somebody to sacrifice, it’s not implausible.

Ah, gotcha... so... if they already have his soul... how can they take it again via beherit?

Then again maybe they already have it, and if he gives them his precious souls it'll be that much easier to make him a demon.  *shrug*

Anyway, you’re right, besides Casca, Guts isn’t really close enough to anybody to make them worthy of sacrifice (another reason the Count couldn't use Guts), Rickert and Erica are all I can think of, so it's still possible.

o/~  Puck's... gettin'... a TATTOO...  ;D o/~

If elves CAN be sacrificed, that is.

P.S. Thanks for 118 translation, Graywords, I love the Beast.

de nada!

Top Bottom