Author Topic: Zodd statue  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Zodd statue
« on: April 22, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
So why isn't this thread in the Merchandise section? Because we're not talking about a resin statue. :zodd:

It was done by a student at the university of Chungnam in Korea, it stands in front of the library. Unfortunately I don't know the sculptor's name (nor technical details about the statue), but props to him. He made it as his final work for graduation.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
Re: Zodd statue
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
Wow, that is really cool! :)

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »
haha.  That's awesome.  props to the sculptor
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline puella

• Gourmet Elf
  • Of the Abyss
  • Popopopopopopopo!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:23:16 PM »
I wonder what material was used to make that statue. The sculptor posted the work in progress on a well-known Korean online community but I missed it at the time and now it's gone.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
I wonder what material was used to make that statue. The sculptor posted the work in progress on a well-known Korean online community but I missed it at the time and now it's gone.
I'm no expert, but it looks like bronze.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »
I'm no expert, but it looks like bronze.

That's what I'm thinking too.  That's quite a bit of detail (and imagine the time it'd take to do it!  :isidro:) if it is metal.

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »
Wow, that is amazing work! Who wants to bet me 20 bucks that ends up on Derek's lawn?

Offline Grovel

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »
Who wants to bet me 20 bucks that ends up on Derek's lawn?

:guts: I was thinking that myself!

Nice statue, well done to the sculptor.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 08:49:34 PM »

Sure, I'll bet $100 it won't. :SK:

Offline Darquenaut

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:38:55 AM »
That is nothing short of beautiful.  :guts:

I do wonder though how much flack the kid got from those who would object to having a larger-than-life snarling apostle standing outside the university library (and yes, those said people should be throttled).
"The Normal Make A Living; The Deranged Make History."

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 03:55:38 AM »
That is nothing short of beautiful.  :guts:

I do wonder though how much flack the kid got from those who would object to having a larger-than-life snarling apostle standing outside the university library (and yes, those said people should be throttled).
Imagine the shock of being a Berserk fan and seeing that randomly while visiting a university. Man, I'd probably shit myself. It's really stunning. Makes me want to see even MORE large metal sculptures of Berserk characters.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Darquenaut

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 04:03:17 AM »
Imagine the shock of being a Berserk fan and seeing that randomly while visiting a university. Man, I'd probably shit myself. It's really stunning. Makes me want to see even MORE large metal sculptures of Berserk characters.

If I saw that I think I would make a complete ass of myself and start screaming like a giddy 12-year old schoolgirl.... except you know... in a more... macho, manly way... like.... watching boxing... yeah.... *cough*  :troll:

"The Normal Make A Living; The Deranged Make History."

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 05:08:29 AM »
Berserk+College Life= Hilarious Campus life anime with all of our Berserk favorites!  :troll:

Anyways, Zodd looks like he hasn't been taken care of! Some one needs to get the Brasso out and give him a good cleaning!
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Circe

• Of the World
  • Not all memories are meant to be remembered
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
*is stunned in silence* Holy crap! God if I was driving down the street and end up going by that I'd either a) get into a car accident because I'd turn to stare b) or scream because I thought it was real from my hyper imagination. XD lol all joking aside I really love that! Thats really amazing. Though I'd love it if it was just a tad bigger *shrugs*.  :zodd:

Offline DirectDK

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

:guts: I was thinking that myself!

LOL!!!  Good one, Handsome!  That one got me going.  Hehe.  It's funny cuz when I was scrolling down the thread, I was imagining just that :carcus:

But yeah, seriously, that's really awesome.  I'm curious to know more about the project, and how he was given permission to sculpt Zodd outside a university library!  I know back at UC Berkeley where I went to school, there's no way something like that would fly.

Thanks for sharing Aaz.  If you find out anymore info, please let us know!

Offline Omega Tom Hanks

• Fanboy
  • Of the Interstice
  • The Raging Demon
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 07:08:57 PM »
Nice, I hope he make more.
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?