Zodd statue

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So why isn't this thread in the Merchandise section? Because we're not talking about a resin statue. :zodd:

Zodd-bigstatue01.jpg

Zodd-bigstatue02.jpg

It was done by a student at the university of Chungnam in Korea, it stands in front of the library. Unfortunately I don't know the sculptor's name (nor technical details about the statue), but props to him. He made it as his final work for graduation.

puella

Berserk forever
I wonder what material was used to make that statue. The sculptor posted the work in progress on a well-known Korean online community but I missed it at the time and now it's gone.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
I wonder what material was used to make that statue. The sculptor posted the work in progress on a well-known Korean online community but I missed it at the time and now it's gone.
I'm no expert, but it looks like bronze.

That is nothing short of beautiful. :guts:

I do wonder though how much flack the kid got from those who would object to having a larger-than-life snarling apostle standing outside the university library (and yes, those said people should be throttled).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darquenaut said:
That is nothing short of beautiful. :guts:

I do wonder though how much flack the kid got from those who would object to having a larger-than-life snarling apostle standing outside the university library (and yes, those said people should be throttled).
Imagine the shock of being a Berserk fan and seeing that randomly while visiting a university. Man, I'd probably shit myself. It's really stunning. Makes me want to see even MORE large metal sculptures of Berserk characters.

Walter said:
Imagine the shock of being a Berserk fan and seeing that randomly while visiting a university. Man, I'd probably shit myself. It's really stunning. Makes me want to see even MORE large metal sculptures of Berserk characters.

If I saw that I think I would make a complete ass of myself and start screaming like a giddy 12-year old schoolgirl.... except you know... in a more... macho, manly way... like.... watching boxing... yeah.... *cough* :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Berserk+College Life= Hilarious Campus life anime with all of our Berserk favorites! :troll:

Anyways, Zodd looks like he hasn't been taken care of! Some one needs to get the Brasso out and give him a good cleaning!

LadyCs

Not all memories are meant to be remembered
*is stunned in silence* Holy crap! God if I was driving down the street and end up going by that I'd either a) get into a car accident because I'd turn to stare b) or scream because I thought it was real from my hyper imagination. XD lol all joking aside I really love that! Thats really amazing. Though I'd love it if it was just a tad bigger *shrugs*. :zodd:

handsome rakshas said:
Who wants to bet me 20 bucks that ends up on Derek's lawn?

Grovel said:
:guts: I was thinking that myself!

LOL!!! Good one, Handsome! That one got me going. Hehe. It's funny cuz when I was scrolling down the thread, I was imagining just that :carcus:

But yeah, seriously, that's really awesome. I'm curious to know more about the project, and how he was given permission to sculpt Zodd outside a university library! I know back at UC Berkeley where I went to school, there's no way something like that would fly.

Thanks for sharing Aaz. If you find out anymore info, please let us know!

Top Bottom