Episode 285

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title: 英雄 - Hero

07v09.jpg

Somehow, it seems fitting that Griffith would let Charlotte do most of the talking, as a further slight to the old nobility.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
bph said:
Somehow, it seems fitting that Griffith would let Charlotte do most of the talking, as a further slight to the old nobility.
It's not really a slight to be addressed by the highest-ranked living royalty.

Well, I was just saying that Griffith's silence always seems to drive them crazy and that he seems to enjoy the fact that he can let the highest ranking living nobility speak for him... :schierke:

S

smoke

Miura's rubbing this "hero" stuff in our faces now just to be ironic. GOD I HATE GRIFFITH.

Btw, I just bought vol 13 and re-read it.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
You need to learn to live with it, smoke =P

But, yes, I think the whole deal with the Pontiff showing up to approve their marriage is a likely outcome for this episode. I cannot see this span with Griffith lasting much longer after that, though. With the next episode being the last of volume 32, perhaps 287 will kick off with Guts and company.

CnC

Ad Oculos
cool preview. I like how much detail there is in the clouds yet it doesn't detract from the subject matter. Very nice.

Wow! As someone who's a closet Griffith fanboy and has a secret crush on Charlotte, I must say I'm very anxious to see the new episode! :griff: I can't wait! :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the preview, Aazealh! :guts:

Uriel said:
But, yes, I think the whole deal with the Pontiff showing up to approve their marriage is a likely outcome for this episode. I cannot see this span with Griffith lasting much longer after that, though. With the next episode being the last of volume 32, perhaps 287 will kick off with Guts and company.

I agree, but only if things wrap up nicely with the Pontiff.  It'd be a great place to switch back to Guts' group.  Does anyone think Miura will have some sort of storyline involving the voyage to the island, or will Guts and company arrive at Skellig pretty quickly?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Rhombaad said:
I agree, but only if things wrap up nicely with the Pontiff. It'd be a great place to switch back to Guts' group. Does anyone think Miura will have some sort of storyline involving the voyage to the island, or will Guts and company arrive at Skellig pretty quickly?

Well, dialogue is inevitable. Whether they'll be talking for many, many episodes on end remains to be seen. Maybe something along the lines of a Kraken or a Leviathan will appear before they reach the island [as a test from Hanabufuku, perhaps?]. I'm hoping for their sake its a pleasant voyage... they could do with a break.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Uriel said:
Well, dialogue is inevitable. Whether they'll be talking for many, many episodes on end remains to be seen.

As many people have mentioned before, now might be a good time for Guts to explain to the others what happened with the old Band of the Hawk, and why he and Casca are branded. I'm sure they all have questions they'd like to ask him, so they might initiate the discussion.

Uriel said:
I'm hoping for their sake its a pleasant voyage... they could do with a break.

No kidding. Especially Guts. Wonder if he'll be unconscious when we get back to the group, or if it'll start with him waking up.

Seriously, sometimes Fridays can't come soon enough.

I am looking forward to this episode, only because this is what we've been waiting for since we learned about the Prophecy of the Hawk waaaay back in Volume 14- the beginning of the "age of darkness." Everything prior has just been everything setting into place -- now the next leg of the story feels ready to begin.

As for Guts and Co., I honestly hope the trip doesn't become one gigantic battle at sea and rather the group gets there with little to no interference. Instead, this would be a fantastic time to develop some characters (I'm looking at Roderick and Magnifico--and I'm really hoping I didn't botch their names), and the interactions between the varying characters' stances. As it is though, if this doesn't come along for a couple more episodes, then just as well. :badbone:

Luca

Happiness is a warm gun.
Thank you, Aaz!

Ah, they look like they are reinforcing each other quite well, and Charlotte seems to have an air of confidence in her choice rather than her usual shy and more subdued nature. The Pontiff will most likely be supporting and approving of this marriage. It's as if the waves of Griffith's ambition have suddenly been calmed in a way, and it makes him appear more human, although if we know Griffith (well, we KIND of do, right?), we know he won't stop here at all. As for Charlotte, the sweet irony of her coming into her and looking so content is great on Miura's part. She's been put into Griffith's life as the perfect and safest way to achieve his dream, and helping him achieve it is what will make her happy.

Though, I'm not with the crowd that thinks he's gonna start to really lurrrve her or anything, no matter how interesting I think their alliance is and how adorable Charlotte is. I am still under the impression that the only real human feelings he has are tied to the spirit of the child, so I am under no impression that Griffith will truly care for anyone other than his 'parents'.

Also, and it's just personal speculation, I don't understand how showing Griffith's 'vulnerability' and 'loving' side through someone like Charlotte whom a.) he never betrayed/sacrificed and b.) poses no risk or threat to him having affection toward (emotionally/threatwise) would make sense with the thematics of the story. Er, admittedly, they are mostly unravelling. But it would remind me of Guts falling for, let's say, Farnese, and them having an easy and happy time falling in love rather than him redeeming himself through sticking with Casca, even if it hurts him and poses a hinderance to one of his personal causes. But that's just me. I'll personally be more interested in Charlotte's character if she begins to have to learn how to deal with and confront the truth about Griffith's origin and nature, assuming she ever finds out at all. Anything Miura does with those two will be interesting and well-written, though. :p

The art and crosshatching on the page is beautiful, as always.

But I gotta admit, i'm mostly just excited to get back to Guts and co., even if Griffith is my favourite character.

Looks like a great episode, as always.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Griffith's features seems more and more woman-like with every episode.
He's looked pretty masculine these past few episodes in contrast to some others, actually.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well now that Griffith has his sure fire way of becoming Nobility/Next King, the next question is HOW is he going to remove Charlotte from the picture when things are said and done? Let casualty do its thing and have her taken out by an unfortunate accident?

Also what about when the other members of Griffith's Band? Locus looks the most normal out of all of them, along with Irvine, other then that Grunbeld and Zodd are huge and don't look human at all!

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Well now that Griffith has his sure fire way of becoming Nobility/Next King, the next question is HOW is he going to remove Charlotte from the picture when things are said and done? Let casualty do its thing and have her taken out by an unfortunate accident?

Does he really need to anything about Charlotte? He already has her in the palm of his hand.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Well now that Griffith has his sure fire way of becoming Nobility/Next King, the next question is HOW is he going to remove Charlotte from the picture when things are said and done? Let casualty do its thing and have her taken out by an unfortunate accident?!

Well, once he is crowned King, not much else he has to do but to hush (right or wrong word to use here) her in a corner XD. Well, in a manner of speaking it's true. He can either rule thorugh her (because she IS in the palm of his hand, so to speak, as CnC said), or he can sort of eat away her authorizy and influence until finailly, he's the sole voice of true authorizy and Charlotte little more than a figurehead.

That's what I'm saying, bro. I don't think he'll kill her or have her killed but I bet you he's just going to throw her away. Sure, she'll be Queen, but he wont ever give her the time of day and slowly (lets face it, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, it'd have to be slowly, lol) she'll realize "hey, maybe he isn't my knight in shining armor" and either the depression will drive her insane or she'll end up helping the enemy.

I've always loved the idea of the tool killing its master. Maybe Guts will tear apart Griffith and she'll deliver the final blow, when he's all bloody, chopped up, and defenseless. :zodd:

Top Bottom