Episode 285

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode, Aaz! Great stuff! I didn't expect the Pontiff to pull a "Mozgus" in front of Griffith like that. :SK:

Thanks for the ep. Az...

That was quick and not really surprising. The drawings are great no doubt about that, but, I don't know if it's just me, but the episodes on Griffith and his new army aren't really "gripping" : you know that it's going to turn out ok, as planned, without a stratch.

I think we are done for while with Griffith. Miura will switch the focus to Guts party in episode 286, that's my guess.

Thanx Aaz! Good ep. Who else kinda chuckled when you saw the Pontiff face plant in front of Griffith? I love this series.

O yea June 22nd. :puck: That def leads me to believe we'll be taking a little sea voyage in June.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
azaruk said:
I think we are done for while with Griffith. Miura will switch the focus to Guts party in episode 286, that's my guess.
Proj2501 said:
That def leads me to believe we'll be taking a little sea voyage in June.

It's not a guess that the focus will switch to Guts in episode 286, it was announced by Miura in YA and reported here yesterday by Olivier Hagué. Thanks for reading the thread.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers for the upload, Aaz! It's amazing how MangaHelpers put this up fairly quickly after you did. Incredible, really.

My first comment would be towards page 08. The Pontiff is actually two people -- more to the point: identical twins! Nobody would have seen that coming... Joking aside, Miura wrapped things up quite nicely in this episode. I'll concur with Aaz that one of the best moments was Locus' smirk. He might well be the only person in that panel without the trademark "sweatdrop". Also nice to see Sonia and Mule again -- those two might a great duo. I'll admit that I didn't know whether to laugh or sit in awe at pages 12-13.. the Pontiff went down!! =)

June 22nd does cut at my soul, but I know it'll be worth the wait, as always. In the mean time, I'll have translations and the hope of my folks picking up volume 31 or the new "Remix" volumes during their trip to the states (via NYC, naturally).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Another great episode! It looks like Miura put a ton of detail in the faces here. That last 2 page spread was splendid.

And it was cool to see the Pontiff echo the ritual Mozgus did.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
The Pontiff is officially THE MAN. Faceplant for the win! :guts: I'm not sure how he managed to keep his big funny hat from falling off, though...

Anyway, thanks for the episode Aaz, I can't wait till June!

Luca

Happiness is a warm gun.
Thank you for the EPISODE!! Hm, Sonia took this surprisingly well :p but she and Mule were as adorable as always, and I loved Locus' smile when Griffith was proclaimed the saviour.

Can't wait for 286, though it looks like I'll have to, of course. ; )

In the meanwhile, I can just entertain myself by buying more volumes of this from Japan, perhaps even the remix mag or whatever, we'll see. Thank you once again!!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
tokken_brz said:
What a boring episode !

Well seeing as you understood every word of it, maybe you'll be kind enough to translate it for us? However, based upon the construction of your sentences... I have little hope that you understood a single page.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aazealh said:
It's not a guess that the focus will switch to Guts in episode 286, it was announced by Miura in YA and reported here yesterday by Olivier Hagué. Thanks for reading the thread.

And thank you for the wonderful episode!

Aazealh said:
PS: I'm not cranky. :guts:

You liar. :puck:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Thank you Aaz.
Wow, is it just me or does the Pontiff look completely insane? Reminds me of Daiba's ship . . . I Love Sonia's reaction to everything too: "Hey Griffith! Our plan is going great! Too bad you had to drive the Pontiff Mad to get him to comply in all this . . . Oops . . . . Did I say that last part out loud? Oh well . . ."

Edit: I'd only just read page 11 when I wrote this, then I looked at page 12-13 . . . That's just Epic, subversive, symbolic and hilarious . . .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
That's just Epic, subversive, symbolic and hilarious . . .
Yeah, it reminded me of when Napoleon grabbed the crown from the Pope and placed it on his own head. Of course, this isn't nearly as violent or arrogant ... but it's something all those who witness will take home to their familes and talk about for generations :griff:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Walter said:
Yeah, it reminded me of when Napoleon grabbed the crown from the Pope and placed it on his own head. Of course, this isn't nearly as violent or arrogant ... but it's something all those who witness will take home to their familes and talk about for generations :griff:

I'm sure there will be a few of them who were standing in the Back-ranks who will add: "I Bloodied me lip from tryin' so hard not ta' Laugh, I did!"

Even better; Imagine if he hadn't gotten up? I thought that was what had happened at first.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Wow, is it just me or does the Pontiff look completely insane?

He does, but he's an old man so he can be forgiven. :guts: He's not really insane though.

Forest Wraith said:
I Love Sonia's reaction to everything too: "Hey Griffith! Our plan is going great! Too bad you had to drive the Pontiff Mad to get him to comply in all this . . . Oops . . . . Did I say that last part out loud? Oh well . . ."

No, her reaction is more like "hey there Griffith, it's grea... Ah, Charlotte is there..."

Walter said:
Yeah, it reminded me of when Napoleon grabbed the crown from the Pope and placed it on his own head.

I still think that could be how his coronation will go. :guts: I don't think Griffith was especially arrogant though, it's the Pontiff that declared him the Falcon of Light, savior of the world in front of everybody... He only reacted accordingly. He even kneeled with everybody else at first.

Forest Wraith said:
I'm sure there will be a few of them who were standing in the Back-ranks who will add: "I Bloodied me lip from tryin' so hard not ta' Laugh, I did!"

Uhh, why? I don't think there's anything funny in this scene. The guy didn't trip and fall, he threw himself on the ground in reverence. The only one smirking was Locus, all the others were just shocked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it earlier but some of you might be interested by the page reserved to the MBR volumes on the Berserk Official Corner. It shows the bonuses and it's even got a little video ad.

Cheers Aaz, great episode. Seems like everything is moving, as always, in Griffith's favour. The Midland nobels are in no position to say anything against Charlotte's decision to put Griffith in such a fortunate position due to their lack of absence, very convenient.
Needless to say no one will dare to speak a different opinion to the leader of the church (pope?).

I'm happy to hear the next ep will be going back to Guts's side of things, long overdue to find out what the situation is now that they're
on the boat. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Needless to say no one will dare to speak a different opinion to the leader of the church (pope?).
Pontiff :miura: And I have a feeling Federico Vandimion won't go along nicely with these plans. He's setup to be a pesky kink in the wheels of Griffith's progress, I think.

I'm happy to hear the next ep will be going back to Guts's side of things, long overdue to find out what the situation is now that they're
on the boat. :p
Long overdue? It's only been 7 eps, and the Kushan forces assaulting Vritannis was certainly more pressing than "wuts goin on in BOAT?!"

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Pontiff :miura: And I have a feeling Federico Vandimion won't go along nicely with these plans. He's setup to be a pesky kink in the wheels of Griffith's progress, I think.
Long overdue? It's only been 7 eps, and the Kushan forces assaulting Vritannis was certainly more pressing than "wuts goin on in BOAT?!"
I think Gut's and company are living the good life right now and enjoying the cruise, complete with Margaritas!

Anyways, thanks for the episode Aaz!

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Thanks as always, Aaz-man! Great stuff as usual... after about a year of no Berserk, I'm finally caught up, also thanks to Griffith.

Looks like things are pretty much in the bag for Griffith, although we will still await his final showdown with Kushan sometime in the future.

Miura's team's artwork is getting more and more beautiful. I'm moved!

Although I thought this particular part was a bit over the top:

popeachu.jpg

fair ep, not that every EPISODE needs to rip testicles off, but its nice to see all the pieces coming into place. I felt a little dishearted with the recent rate to see the next EPISODE . is now closer to 2 months away, but seeing announcement and such, it'll be worth it.

Top Bottom