Episode 285

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Graywords said:
Although I thought this particular part was a bit over the top:

http://lonestar.texas.net/~ansel/berserk/popeachu.jpg

Oh Geez! Where's a Shotgun! KILL IT! KILL IT!

Walter said:
Pontiff :miura: And I have a feeling Federico Vandimion won't go along nicely with these plans. He's setup to be a pesky kink in the wheels of Griffith's progress, I think.

I'm assuming, and with the Pontiff's devotion to Griffith it would be mutiny which would be interesting, but would he be powerful enough to even be a nuisance for Griffith?

Long overdue? It's only been 7 eps, and the Kushan forces assaulting Vritannis was certainly more pressing than "wuts goin on in BOAT?!"

I have no issues with the amount of Eps Miura has put into Griffiths story since Vritannis, not at all. My concern is 7 Episodes equals 9 months almost, and I'm impatient.
I want to know how my protagonist is going since then, and I doubt highly I'm the only one.

Thanks for the scans. Great!

I wonder if the appearance of the Pope will be enough to prevent some of the nobles from gathering around the Vandimon family and opposing Griffith's ambitions. I doubt they are pious enough to do whatever the Pope says. But with the focus shifting to Guts and Co :???: (and possibly the Kushans next) we may only see the results of this conspiracy in a year or so.

Ok, so the Pontiff finally made his entrance... this event was predictable enough, but I couldn´t see the old man lowering himself to the bottom on making such a reverence to "The Hawk of Light", that must´ve been quite shocking for the nobles and the cardinals themselves.

So well... things are settled for Griffith now just as he had planned, obiously many nobles won´t be very pleased with this so another noble assasination might occur (high food for apostles =D), darn, I would like to see some more political affaris before changing to Guts and co. but what the hell....

Thanks for the episode

This is complete speculation, but based on the soldiers reactions, does anyone really think that the non-Midland nobility will even have enough support to attempt a coup? Intrigue is basically irrelevant anyway, because no arrow or poison is going to do anything to Griffith in his new form, so the only reason to include it in the story would be to advance Griffith's political maneuvering. My thought is that Griffith may try to knock off Vandimion at some point, perhaps with that aforesaid intrigue being a factor. Vandimion's only going to continue being a nuisance, and it would make for a nice parallel to the Golden Age if Miura does go that route.

I'm sure it wont pan out that way, but Griffith assassinating Vandimion and his followers due to their plotting after defeating the Kushan (in an allusion to the defeat of Tudor and assassination of the Queen) would be really cool, especially since we just had a similar allusion comparing Guts' new band to his old one a few volumes ago. A fitting way to usher in the Neo Hawks and Griffith's reign, no?

CnC

Ad Oculos
bph said:
Intrigue is basically irrelevant anyway, because no arrow or poison is going to do anything to Griffith in his new form, so the only reason to include it in the story would be to advance Griffith's political maneuvering.

I don't think Griffith needs much more in the way of political maneuvering to become king.

I don't mean to become king, I just don't see a good reason to let Vandimion stay alive IF he is constantly plotting against you after becoming king, even if he couldn't possibly succeed.

CnC

Ad Oculos
bph said:
I don't mean to become king, I just don't see a good reason to let Vandimion stay alive IF he is constantly plotting against you after becoming king, even if he couldn't possibly succeed.

...assuming Vandimion would, indeed, plot against Griffith. I won't deny its possible (in fact, I rather like the idea), but its a bit too speculative to assume Vandimion would be enough of a hurdle so that Griffith would have to do any significant political maneuvering. I think that battle is mostly won.

Forest Wraith

Indeed, if there is any conspiracy against Griffith it will have to be much more underground then Political, it will be very interesting to see how that might come into play once Griffith does something to really make people suffer. Or if they will end up becoming affiliated with Guts' group when they return; assuming that they last that long. The funny thing about it is that those currently opposed to Griffith are far from what I would call altruistic, (With the possible exception of Foss although we haven't even seen his reaction to Griffith's return yet). That would make for some great exchanges between Guts' Group and the Resistance if they do eventually join forces.

puella

Berserk forever
Walter said:
Cute couple. Looks like Puella's predicton from the 284 thread may come true. :serpico:
I don't think my predictions have ever been right. :judo:

By the way, what do you think is the reason there are no other main apostles next to Griffith except Locus? Because they would all horrify and scare people? :zodd:

I don't think my predictions have ever been right.

Well, you cannot have everything. You have excellent translations and the respect of thousands of people who read them. Having the ability to predict Miura's plot on top of that would be ... fearsome :void:

The nobles, led by Vandimon, may start gathering information about Griffith and his army, though I do not know how far their conclusions will lead them and whether it will be enough to hinder Griffith's plans.

By the way, Vandimon would make a powerful apostle, would not he? Vandimon becoming an apostle to counter Griffith - sort of like the ultimate clash in Hellsing. Sorry, Miura..

Forest Wraith

JZBaltazar said:
By the way, Vandimion would make a powerful apostle, would not he? Vandimion becoming an apostle to counter Griffith - sort of like the ultimate clash in Hellsing. Sorry, Miura..

The Family Crest is a Four-Leaf Clover . . . Does that mean that he'd be a Leprechaun Apostle?

leprechaun.jpg

Close-up

leprechaun.jpg

Another sensation: Guts and Co are obviously sailing to Ireland. Yep, Berserk would certainly benefit from some Irish mythology

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Forest Wraith said:
Indeed, if there is any conspiracy against Griffith it will have to be much more underground then Political, it will be very interesting to see how that might come into play once Griffith does something to really make people suffer. Or if they will end up becoming affiliated with Guts' group when they return; assuming that they last that long. The funny thing about it is that those currently opposed to Griffith are far from what I would call altruistic, (With the possible exception of Foss although we haven't even seen his reaction to Griffith's return yet). That would make for some great exchanges between Guts' Group and the Resistance if they do eventually join forces.

If he ends up investigating Griffith and the Neo Hawks, I'd like to see Vandimion discover Griffith's true nature. This might lead him to form some sort of a resistance, as you say, and eventually join sides with Guts (although, I can't see him joining Guts little group). It couldn't hurt to have the support of a powerful family like the Vandimions, and it may lead to Federico finally accepting Farnese. This, of course, is all heavy speculation. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
I don't think my predictions have ever been right. :judo:

I'd say you were about as right as could be possible.

http://skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7778.msg132903#msg132903

You predicted the Pontiff would appear and validate their decision, and he did.

Finally, my cravings for boat will be satisfied.

I'm betting the boat will be used to further delve into the Farnese-Serpico-Roderick triangle. It just seems like the perfect setup with all of them confined to a small area without shit-else to do except for talk.

The recent episodes have been a bit unexciting, but it's to be expected. These events had to happen for the story to progress, and thankfully Miura made them quick and to the point.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
mike.william said:
Finally, my cravings for boat will be satisfied.

I'm betting the boat will be used to further delve into the Farnese-Serpico-Roderick triangle. It just seems like the perfect setup with all of them confined to a small area without shit-else to do except for talk.

I think that all depends on whether Adon is awake. Somehow I can't picture him being quiet long enough for much else to go on. I don't think Serpico would say a lot either about any personal business; might be some subtle interactions though.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
I'm not sure if I could fathom a return of Adon, that would be a total shark jump moment, but a funny one nonetheless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
I'm not sure if I could fathom a return of Adon, that would be a total shark jump moment, but a funny one nonetheless.

Well since Miura wrote his death in 1994 the eventuality of his return is... unlikely.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Well since Miura wrote his death in 1994 the eventuality of his return is... unlikely.
Maybe he has another one of his "special techniques" from his amazing family! :carcus:

Back on the topic or pre-topic of the upcoming episode: I hope/guess there might be some big action scenes since it's still a while before the new one is out. I bet Magnifico falls in the water and the crew has to find him in the sea?! or Maybe some sea monster action? any thought?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I hope/guess there might be some big action scenes since it's still a while before the new one is out. I bet Magnifico falls in the water and the crew has to find him in the sea?! or Maybe some sea monster action? any thought?
Well I certainly don't expect too much action in the upcoming epsode. Perhaps later on down the line we'll see some sea battles, but I think Miura will dive straight into exposition with some character interaction between the band and their new member.

Then again, it could open with a battle, ala the end of ep 195, with the band facing nightly battles with ghosts again, if Casca's seal has begun to fade. I'm banking on exposition though, mostly because I want to know what Azan's been through.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Then again, it could open with a battle, ala the end of ep 195, with the band facing nightly battles with ghosts again, if Casca's seal has begun to fade. I'm banking on exposition though, mostly because I want to know what Azan's been through.

I just thought about that because the break is long... unless Miura is working on a few episode at the same time..(could make sense to me)

Top Bottom