AOW - T.J GrosNet Limited Statue - Zodd III (Monster Transformed)

Very interesting! T.J GrosNet is releasing an exclusive AOW statue of Zodd III. It's produced by AOW, but you can't buy it on their website. From what it seems, it looks like we will have to go through a 3rd party to buy this (ie: Masato), but not sure yet. If anyone finds out any more info that would be awesome. Here are 4 links that AOW gave me:

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/tj-grosnet/index.html

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/tjs/

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/tj-grosnetstore/fog-023.html

Here are the stats (I think):
Size: 400mm tall, 520mm wide
Limitation: 500
Release Date: 2007 August

Note: Given the pose of the statue, if it's 400 mm (40 cm) tall, then the scale seems quite large. The 2nd Zodd Apostle form is 370 mm, and Zodd is standing straight up. Not sure what to think if this new one is taller than the 2nd Zodd and he's leaning forward. Also, with a arm-span of 520 mm??? Seems pretty big. Possibly a 1/10 scale, or is it just wishful thinking?

And here are some pics:

libfaow-144-01.jpg

libfaow-144-02.jpg

libfaow-144-03.jpg

libfaow-144-04.jpg

sexy...​

Pose is great.
But his head looks a bit funky...and his legs too small
It might be for dynamic effect though.

AOW is getting better at taking photos, I'll give them that. :zodd:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: AOW - T.J GrosNet Limited Statue - Zodd II (Monster Transformed)

EndLeSS8 said:
Pose is great.
But his head looks a bit funky...and his legs too small
It might be for dynamic effect though.

Well I take it he's "transforming" ala hill of swords, which might explain the very obvious disproportion. I like the detail done on the mouth and furt

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's nice, not sure why they're selling it through another shop though. And I wish they'd add more variety to their production too... The Zodd II isn't that old.

Aside from that, the dimensions don't surprise me since he's crouching with his arms outstretched and all. I think it's a nice pose.

It's nice........*looks at his Zodd w/wings and 2 Zodd IIs* and desperate attack is coming. Do I really need this.

I have 40+ Berserk statues. I wonder if it is time to stop buying everything.

I think Masato is the only way to order it, maybe?
Anybody got any info on the release date (or month?), I mean is it like all other AOW statues, where you pre-order it and what not?

I share the same enthusiasm about this statue, the sculpt looks detailed and the pose is very dynamic. Thanks for the info.
I wish it will be 1/10 scaled, ohhhhhh, 1/10 scaled please !!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Berserk-KW said:
I think Masato is the only way to order it, maybe?

I don't think so. They wouldn't notify foreign clients if it was only available to locals. Also the price is indeed 39,900円 ($337), in answer to whoever asked. It'll be released in August of this year, and 500 units will be made apparently. EDIT: Duh Derek already edited his post with the info.

Aazealh said:
I don't think so. They wouldn't notify foreign clients if it was only available to locals. Also the price is indeed 39,900円 ($337), in answer to whoever asked.

Very good point. Well, I talked to Masato, and according to him, the 4 links that were provided don't ship internationally so of course, Masato offered his services instead. It's more expensive to go through Masato in this case, but unless I can figure out any other alternative, I'll probably just go through him. So if anyone else finds an alternative, please let your fellow SK members know! =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Very good point. Well, I talked to Masato, and according to him, the 4 links that were provided don't ship internationally so of course, Masato offered his services instead.

Hmm yeah, actually I just checked the links myself while you were posting and it's specified they don't ship abroad on all four. Broker-time I guess.

Aazealh said:
Hmm yeah, actually I just checked the links myself while you were posting and it's specified they don't ship abroad on all four. Broker-time I guess.

Ahhh, must be nice to be able to read Japanese! Well, I guess that pretty much settles it. 3rd party needed! Who here's getting it?

DirectDK said:
Who here's getting it?

I fought the urge all day, but have just succumbed and ordered via Masato. God knows where I am going to put though, but my Zodd statues are my favourites, so couldn't miss out on this one.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
It's fucking incredible to look at. Killer pose, if I might repeat the general consensus. The mouth seems really large though in that frontal shot -- but not to point of being distracting.

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
Very good point. Well, I talked to Masato, and according to him, the 4 links that were provided don't ship internationally so of course, Masato offered his services instead. It's more expensive to go through Masato in this case, but unless I can figure out any other alternative, I'll probably just go through him. So if anyone else finds an alternative, please let your fellow SK members know! =)

Hi,

Well as I thought it's for Japan only so I send the order to Takehiro. He is doing the same thing as Masato but little bit cheaper and faster. For Exemple he takes 15% of the final amount, Masato take 15% of the rounded amount (if it cost with shipping 61 000 yens then Masato ask 61 000 + 15% of 70 0000) So on this part you can save some money. And Takehiro send the item very soon after he received it him self, don't have to wait until the end of the month or the next month if you forgot to send him the balance (it happend to me when I used his services :puck:).

So finaly to answer your question, if you still look for a cheaper way to get this item, you can contact Takehiro. He's web site is YFJ (Yume from Japan) http://www.yume-from-japan.com

P.S. for the administrator : Here i'm not doing commercial for YFJ, just trying to help DirectDK :serpico:

Genome said:
Hi,

Well as I thought it's for Japan only so I send the order to Takehiro. He is doing the same thing as Masato but little bit cheaper and faster. For Exemple he takes 15% of the final amount, Masato take 15% of the rounded amount (if it cost with shipping 61 000 yens then Masato ask 61 000 + 15% of 70 0000) So on this part you can save some money. And Takehiro send the item very soon after he received it him self, don't have to wait until the end of the month or the next month if you forgot to send him the balance (it happend to me when I used his services :puck:).

So finaly to answer your question, if you still look for a cheaper way to get this item, you can contact Takehiro. He's web site is YFJ (Yume from Japan) http://www.yume-from-japan.com

P.S. for the administrator : Here i'm not doing commercial for YFJ, just trying to help DirectDK :serpico:

Hey Genome! Thanks so much for the information. I agree, that sometimes it's frustrating when something costs 61,000 yen and then Masato takes 15% of 70,000 yen. But since I've been going to Masato for so long, I feel most comfortable doing business with him. He's done a lot of favors for me too, so I should stay loyal =). But really, your information was very useful, and I'm sure many other SK members will benefit from your advice!

I soooooo want to get it..
But I don't know if I should dip into my savings or not..
And it'll be my first Zodd Apostle form statue..
To top it off, I don't think my display case is big enough for him =|

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
Hey Genome! Thanks so much for the information. I agree, that sometimes it's frustrating when something costs 61,000 yen and then Masato takes 15% of 70,000 yen. But since I've been going to Masato for so long, I feel most comfortable doing business with him. He's done a lot of favors for me too, so I should stay loyal =). But really, your information was very useful, and I'm sure many other SK members will benefit from your advice!

You welcome. I can understand your loyalty but if I had my bank account will be less full as it is now :serpico:
So know I don't have any other idea for you exept you be unloyal for this time :serpico:

Berserk-KW said:
Hrmm.. I just got an email from Masato, and he requested I send 70,000yen, which is about $587 (or 170KD)..
Seems a bit steep?

Hey there! That does sound steep. He quoted me at a lower price... Did he give you the breakdown of costs?

Well he said that to just pay for the statue, is around 46,900yen
and said that the extra is for the shipping (i take it from the seller to him then from him to my US P.O.Box)
but if it is to the US, i think it should be a little less than how much he's asking for?
or maybe he's taking all this in advanced because I'm paying directly through banks? (paypal unfortunately doesn't accept Kuwaiti credit cards...)

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
I might get it, though I'm not sure yet.

A few things that would be interesting: it will be released and shipped in August, so we're just preordering it now, right? If I go through Masato or Yume, do I have to pay the whole amount right away, or just when it's released?
Does anyone know if and when the Skullknight on Horse, that was announced with the Zodd Senma statue, will be released? I probably couldn't afford both at the same time and Skully would be my favorite choice if it was released within the same period as the Zodd III. :guts:

Chiba said:
I might get it, though I'm not sure yet.

A few things that would be interesting: it will be released and shipped in August, so we're just preordering it now, right? If I go through Masato or Yume, do I have to pay the whole amount right away, or just when it's released?
Does anyone know if and when the Skullknight on Horse, that was announced with the Zodd Senma statue, will be released? I probably couldn't afford both at the same time and Skully would be my favorite choice if it was released within the same period as the Zodd III. :guts:

When Masato solicited me he was asking for money now.

Honestly though 500 pieces and it is very hard for international people to purchase. I think you have some time to decide. (don't hate me if I'm wrong :void:)

Maiku said:
When Masato solicited me he was asking for money now.

Honestly though 500 pieces and it is very hard for international people to purchase. I think you have some time to decide. (don't hate me if I'm wrong :void:)

That's true, AOW pieces have been taking longer to sell out these days. But the Zodd II statue sold out super fast. I believe in like 2-3 days or so, right, for both versions? Who knows though... I am surprised to see the Desperate Attack one still there...

Chiba said:

With 3rd party services, most likely you have to pay in full, just because they don't want to risk, non paying buyers. If you've done business through Masato or Yume, perhaps you could ask them in a special case, if you could pay half now, and the rest later, or something like that. In regards to the SK on Horse, I don't know when, but man oh man, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ONE!

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
I've never done business through a 3rd party service before. It seems quite expensive and a bit risky in terms of auctions and I haven't seen a piece that would justify all the hassle, but this Zodd could make me do it.
Though I'd really prefer a version with wings.

Top Bottom