Berserk Nintendo DS Style (I Wish).

Phemto

Nintendo DS character Artist. Also a nerd.
Hey Guys, I've been a member for awhile I mainly just lurk but I thought I would post something I've been working on my free time. I'm a 3D Character artist that works on Hand held titles. Anywho I decided that I would give a whack at making some Berserk characters on my free time. Heres the Dragon Slayer with a 64x64 texture.
DS-Berserk.jpg

I plan on doing Guts in his Berserker armor. Its going to take awhile but i plan on posting my progress for youguys to see. Also My coworker is going to animate him when I'm done.

Thanks guys

-coop

CnC

Ad Oculos
Cool. Always like to see more 3d stuff on the board.

I await your update(s) with eagerness. Good luck

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Awesome job on the DS Phemto. Looks great for such a low poly count and texture size.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DS on the NDS? Sounds promising and makes me hope it does eventually come true... :judo:

Good to have you aboard. The model looks great, and we're all waiting with baited breath for more.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
If this were completed and ported as a home brew.... I could have my wife play it and thus secure the grip of Berserk on her.... :void:

Phemto

Heya Guys! Thanks for all the nice comments! :guts: Heres an update!
If you see something outta place anywhere on my model, let me know!

Berserkhead.jpg

Berserkheadwire.jpg

stamp1.jpg

more coming soon! :chomp:

Phemto

oh and this would be actual size, give or take some pixels on a DS screen.

size.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yay! Yay! Yay! Oh! That rocks! Oh and the tiny wee little texture size, and it looks so nice. Oh. I'm in love!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome. Can't wait for more.

The low-texture resolution on the DS somehow manages to have charm in every game, and here it's no exception.

Phemto

Thanks Walter! I appreciate the complement! I Hope to have some updates next week sometime!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I don't own a DS, nor have I played one (:isidro:), so the textures remind me a lot of the ones used in FFIX. It looks great, I can't wait to see more. :serpico:

Phemto

Heya guys, Small update, heres my color palette, and a small update. I shrank the the snout on the helm some so its not so long, I also added in blues and purples on the metals.
color.jpg

newhelm.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
I always like watching low poly modeling. Get the most detail with the smallest amount of information has got to be challenging. Its looking cool, as I can already see the plating coming together nicely.

How many polys is this model going to end up being? How many textures and at what size? ...just curious.

Anyways keep it up!

Phemto

Heya CnC, thanks for the complement! The texture size will stay at 128x128 and the cape will be a 64x64, the polys I'm shooting for are 500, a max of 550. After I get it to 500, I'll cut it down to 400 polys. Right now the game i'm working on is Starwars for the DS I'm doing the main characters. And they are are around 500 to 550 polys. I'll try to post more work soon :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
500-550 polys for something as complex as the berserk armor has got to be challenging. goodluck!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yeah! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :serpico: And nice to know someone so kickass is working on the Star Wars game! Hehe, no wonder the stuff you've shared here looks so professional.

The Berserker armor is so complicated-looking I'd hate to even draw it in 2-d, let alone model it in 3-d (which I'd have no idea how to do to begin with) It definitely looks like you know what you're doing though. :carcus:

Phemto

hey guys here is another update, I'll be tweeking this armor some more later, but heres the chest! ;)
Stamp2.jpg

Body.jpg

Top Bottom