"Berserk Prototype"

In my Vol 15 there's this short little "berserk prototype" chapter at the end...did anyone translate it or is it pretty unimportant?

With the power of the six inch brand Berserker Gatts goes out to rid the world of all evil. Sadly the prototype is only slightly worse then the first three volumes of Berserk.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I honestly think the first three chapters werent THAT bad... at least it established antisocial badass Gatts....

But the prototype... *shivers*

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
[td]what do you mean by "translated releases"... [/td]

I was under the impression that Berserk has been translated into several languages such as Italian and Korean. I was also under the impression that the position of the "Prototype" chapter differed among these translations.

I was under the impression that Berserk has been translated into several languages such as Italian and Korean. I was also under the impression that the position of the "Prototype" chapter differed among these translations

You are right, in the Italian edition it is located at the end of Volume 17

puella

Berserk forever
In my Vol 15 there's this short little "berserk prototype" chapter at the end...did anyone translate it or is it pretty unimportant?

You mean you want translation of that chapter? ???

You mean you want translation of that chapter? ???

My question was if it was already translated (though I didn't expect it to be.)

I think there are for more important chapters to translate, but this "prototype" piqued my curiosity.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I'm not sure, but I thought that the placement of the "Prototype" chapter differed among the translated releases.
It is out of the current continuity, so it is unimportant when and where was translated. Also is amusing to read by itself but it do not add anything at the current storyline. It is in a parellel universe. It could be interesting to see what Berserk could had become if Miura had followed that storyline.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It is out of the current continuity, so it is unimportant when and where was translated. Also is amusing to read by itself but it donot add anything at the current storyline. It is in a parellel universe. It could be interesting to see what Berserk could had become if Miura had followed that storyline.
Interesting maybe, but not good.

I think it would have been called "Guts the Pirate : Arrrr"

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Sure, it may suck but that is the way the creative process works.  I think it is interesting to see how Guts look like in the very begining.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Neat yeah...But its something that should have stayed in the dark in my opinion. Famous authors dont publish their early works for a reason...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Neat yeah...But its something that should have stayed in the dark in my opinion. Famous authors dont publish their early works for a reason...
I feel the same way, because if the prototype didn’t exist, nobody could bitch about it. ;)

-Griffith

same with the first three volumes....*cough*
They really are not that bad. The first two are kind of shallow and full of action but what better way to introduce the main character who is extremely gifted at killing. I see no argument for the third volume being bad. It introduces God Hand and the sacrifice process and reveals some kind of tension between Guts and Femto. I honestly would not want Berserk to start with Band of the Hawk and I think the first three volumes serve as a good hook. ;)

puella

Berserk forever
They really are not that bad. The first two are kind of shallow and full of action but what better way to introduce the main character who is extremely gifted at killing. I see no argument for the third volume being bad. It introduces God Hand and the sacrifice process and reveals some kind of tension between Guts and Femto. I honestly would not want Berserk to start with Band of the Hawk and I think the first three volumes serve as a good hook.  ;)
damn agree.
am I odd because I love the first three volumes most? ::)
Personally, I don't like the Hawks part much though I am sure and admit it is very important.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
damn agree.
Personally, I don't like the Hawks part much though I am sure and admit it is very important.

I'm agreed of goodness of first arc
but... it's not a reason to bitch the Taka no Dan, which is more deep and all ...

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
damn agree.

What exactly do you think the Hawks story is missing? :)

puella

Berserk forever
What exactly do you think the Hawks story is missing?  :)
well, not that the Hawks story has something missing.
it's from my personal taste because I actually love scenes Guts fights apostles all alone than human beings.
I like "badass Guts" most.
So I don't like much Guts in the Hawks or with new band-Farnese, Serpico, Isidor and Caska.
but I'd never say they are not important. they are much needed for the story,indeed.
It's like if asked "which part do you like most?", I'd answer "when Guts fights all alone as a real badass". that's all.
Adding to say, if Guts were just a good and righteous guy, I'd not like him much, definitely. :p

*** Guts' monotonous daily schedule ;D

a.m 5:30 sleep
a.m 10:00 breakfast, wash
a.m 11:00 walk or fight
p.m 3:00 lunch
p.m 4:00 walk or fight
p.m 8:00 get ready....
"from dusk till dawn " fight after fight

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
damn agree.
You are not alone in that, you already know it: There at least two of us. Errr...o.k. I am not good company, forget me  ;D But I am sure that, out there, there others like us, just not so voiceful, and among them, I have a hunch, there is Miura himself. Only...do you remember how  few of us there are at the beginning? How we feared that Berserk was at risk of cancelation for want of readers?Afterward, with the Golden Years story arch, initially meant how origins tale, came the success and, with it, mighty yen and so...  

Top Bottom