Largest recorded star explosion bodes DOOM

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The death of a huge, distant star mezmerized astronomers across the planet today, but some said a star in our galaxy could produce similar results, with some scary consequences.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/07/AR2007050700752.html?nav=hcmodule

[quote author=Washington Post]
If that nearer star, named Eta Carinae, blows up like the one just discovered, they said, it could possibly spew dangerous radiation in Earth's direction. More likely, however, it would erupt into the most luminous star in our sky -- visible during the day and bright enough to let people read unaided at night.[/quote]

Hmmm, it could bathe us in a dangerous, MYSTERY radiation eh? I'm thinking Night of the Living Dead. Better stock up on this critical survival guide.

Night of the Living Dead zombies are old hat, sir. Now if we were forced to deal with 28 Days Later zombies, or Day of the Dead remake zombies, I'd be worried.

Ooo, Eta Carinae is a pretty name. For some reason I'm having a slight deja vu, like I came to the forums to read an article about shiney things or something. This is some pretty neato science news. It would be pretty scary to think a star was blowing up anywhere near us anytime soon. Mystery radiation for the lose.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Did someone say DOOM?

I'm going to sing the DOOM song now!
3580gir.jpg

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
vlad said:
Hopefully this "little" baby will find us a new home before Earth becomes Zombieland.

Once we find it we just need to advance space travel by about 1000 times what it is now. Piece of cake. If earth is a Zombieland and the survivors do take off on a ship you KNOW a zombie will have snuck on board.

Top Bottom