are you all skippin volumes or is it just me?

wuwei

hmm...
as far as i can see if one were to go in order the highest you can go would be up to 7. (at yongs site) but you all are talkin about the 14th and 17th and such. are you all skippin or is there some source i dont know about

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
as far as i can see if one were to go in order the highest you can go would be up to 7.  (at yongs site)  but you all are talkin about the 14th and 17th and such. are you all skippin or is there some source i dont know about
What do you mean? Well...maybe I should just say : "Read the FAQ, please"

Hi,

I think Wuwei is referring to translations...maybe.

Anyway, if you are referring to translations, efforts have tended to concentrate on those parts of the manga that were not covered in the anime, or were significantly different. Thus, 1-3 and 13+ is where the majority of the effort has been going.

One last thing, the translations are the products of considerable effort - to the best of my knowledge none of the translators that have worked on Berserk could be said to be fluent in both English and Japanese ... excluding, of course, Ranemaka's sensei.

Hope that helps,

Namirrha

PS Should add that unless Yong decides to keep going, there's unlikely to be even reasonable English translations for volumes 7-11 anytime soon.

my major focus with the translations have been the more important chapters and/or volumes. since the entire Eclipse is one, if not the most, important part of the story thus far, i thought i should cover that along with the Post-Eclipse (if for no other reason than to rid the world of those horrid translations of old). since the Post-Eclipse, and the Taka No Dan Arc, are coming to a head, i havent decided on what specific chapters should be translated next. i have thought about working on either the Beast's appearances or Skully's, which ever.
i dont really intend to go in order right now, since the important ones should be dealt with first, right?
but, if you have any specific chapter(s) you want to see translated soon, feel free to give me suggestions.

wuwei

hmm...
yeah im refering to the translations.

i was lookin for ones that go in order, why, dunno just makes sense to me. either way, i guess i can wait for yong =D thanks for the explaination

Top Bottom