Author Topic: are you all skippin volumes or is it just me?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline wuwei

are you all skippin volumes or is it just me?
« on: February 16, 2002, 01:50:46 PM »
as far as i can see if one were to go in order the highest you can go would be up to 7.  (at yongs site)  but you all are talkin about the 14th and 17th and such. are you all skippin or is there some source i dont know about
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by 1031209200 »
Blood!..Guts!...Gore!!  Fight On!!!!!!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: are you all skippin volumes or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 03:06:36 PM »
as far as i can see if one were to go in order the highest you can go would be up to 7.  (at yongs site)  but you all are talkin about the 14th and 17th and such. are you all skippin or is there some source i dont know about

What do you mean? Well...maybe I should just say : "Read the FAQ, please"

:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Namirrha

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 09:03:02 PM »
Hi,

I think Wuwei is referring to translations...maybe.

Anyway, if you are referring to translations, efforts have tended to concentrate on those parts of the manga that were not covered in the anime, or were significantly different.  Thus, 1-3 and 13+ is where the majority of the effort has been going.

One last thing, the translations are the products of considerable effort - to the best of my knowledge none of the translators that have worked on Berserk could be said to be fluent in both English and Japanese ... excluding, of course, Ranemaka's sensei.

Hope that helps,

Namirrha

PS  Should add that unless Yong decides to keep going, there's unlikely to be even reasonable English translations for volumes 7-11 anytime soon.
"The Doctor: You use your powers for evil.
Psutek:  Evil!  Your evil is my good.  I am Psutek the destroyer.  Where I tread, I leave nothing but dust and darkness.  I find that good."
Doctor Who: Pyramids of Mars, British Broadcasting Corporation, 1975.

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2002, 09:55:51 PM »
my major focus with the translations have been the more important chapters and/or volumes. since the entire Eclipse is one, if not the most, important part of the story thus far, i thought i should cover that along with the Post-Eclipse (if for no other reason than to rid the world of those horrid translations of old). since the Post-Eclipse, and the Taka No Dan Arc, are coming to a head, i havent decided on what specific chapters should be translated next. i have thought about working on either the Beast's appearances or Skully's, which ever.
i dont really intend to go in order right now, since the important ones should be dealt with first, right?
but, if you have any specific chapter(s) you want to see translated soon, feel free to give me suggestions.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline wuwei

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 06:13:15 PM »
yeah im refering to the translations.  

i was lookin for ones that go in order, why, dunno just makes sense to me.  either way, i guess i can wait for yong =D  thanks for the explaination
Blood!..Guts!...Gore!!  Fight On!!!!!!