Spiney's Fanartz

*wave* Heeeey, I've been a lurker ever since I finished reading Berserk but I eventually got my wits up and registered. I never really introduced myself, so I'll uh, do it now with a picture!
I'm away from home, so like I said in my Deviantart, I only really managed to "dirty" this up so it wasn't just boring old pencils.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/490599127_fa88303715_o.jpg
If I would have a reason to rescan it it would be to fix his arm (there would actually be more changes than that though :miura:). But it's not an option for me so I had to scan it as is. weeeeee! :serpico:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Re: Spiney's Berserk Fanart

It's good Spiney. I would probably make caska's back slant inwards more at the top so her neck is thinner. Still it is a really nice pic. Very sweet. Keep it up!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awesome, I like it! Now that's two very nicely done fan-arts of Guts and Casca that I've seen within the last two days. Keep postin' more! :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
An interesting contrast to Delusion's pic. Kind of a past/present thing, but with positions reversed.

The structure and composition of the figures strikes me as a bit flat. Most of the sense of depth comes from overlapping shapes. Also I'd work on proportions issues like Guts and Casca's skull shape as well as Guts' forearm.

And the honorable CnC looks my way. *bow*
I didn't really have Delusion's pic in mind in terms of the positioning, I even realized a bit too late which side of Guts I was doing (noooo the side where his eye is closed. Bonus: I atleast didn't have to deal with his fake arm!)

Argh, I just got owned by a master. :chomp: I am going to take what you (and Serpico) said and do what I can to improve on the original. I'm not sure what to do with the "composition" to fix it but I decided I'm going to change the poses a bit, get rid of (most of) the cape, change where their arms are, and draw in a bit more stuff (like his legs). Oh yeah, and Guts' head, but I honestly don't see what's wrong with Casca's (clarify?)

I'm also going to shade it by pencil this time. I don't like working on a pic I've already shared since people usually don't give it a second look, but I want to see if I can get your approval :D *wags her tail*

CnC

Ad Oculos
spineylamb said:
Argh, I just got owned by a master. :chomp:

Who's a master? I certainly am not. We're all still learning here. All crits are to be handled as educated suggestions, not sage advice.

spineylamb said:
Oh yeah, and Guts' head, but I honestly don't see what's wrong with Casca's (clarify?)

Heres a quick gif (just used the Liquify tool in PS) to illustrate what I'm talking about:

spiney_crit.gif

mostly I changed the structure on the backs of their skulls and how that flows to the neck. Mind you, its pretty rough but I hope that clears my point up a bit.

spineylamb said:
I'm also going to shade it by pencil this time. I don't like working on a pic I've already shared since people usually don't give it a second look, but I want to see if I can get your approval :D *wags her tail*

Goforit... :guts:

Mouth = hanging open
Yeah I'd say that clarified it alright. I'm totally hypnotized by that gif. I'll fix it, but also I am having a block on what the new pose for Guts would be. No rush I guess since I'd have to break into someone's house and use their scanner if I wanted the new version scanned and up anytime soon.

Thanks a lot for explaining, it'd be hard for anyone to not want to make the picture better after that!

Top Bottom