Suikoden VI (and all that lead up to it)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Well it's been a while since I've been around, but I was wondering if there were still any suikoden fans left around here. I've been trying to find info on Suikoden VI for a while but I can't find anything more than speculation. So, does anyone have any clue what'll be in the new game? and if not, then why not speculate abot what you'd want, or think would be in the sixth suikoden.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Eddie said:
Well it's been a while since I've been around, but I was wondering if there were still any suikoden fans left around here. I've been trying to find info on Suikoden VI for a while but I can't find anything more than speculation. So, does anyone have any clue what'll be in the new game? and if not, then why not speculate abot what you'd want, or think would be in the sixth suikoden.
The first one was so under rated :judo:

I haven't played one in awhile. How has the series been? Would it be worth going back to 2+ and playing?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
The first one was so under rated :judo:

I haven't played one in awhile. How has the series been? Would it be worth going back to 2+ and playing?
okay well here's the deal. Alot of people hate suikoden III and I'll admit it's really different from all the other ones, but I really liked it alot even though the storyline was a little more personal than political. However Suikoden III is the only one that is an actual sequel, the other two are prequels, thus Suikoden III brings about alot of mysteries that still haven't been answered. Suikoden IV was boring, it just never really peaked my intrest at all despite the new battles with ships and rune cannons. However it's very easy and has Ted as a playable character, dunno how much worth it that makes it, but you wont be losing much sweat over it. Suikoden V was great both by my standards and most fan's standards, many fans say it's second only to Suikoden II and I really do think it was great. There's not really much I can say that was bad about it. Nice character list and really fun and intresting. So I mean, I'd reccomend III and V if you wanna be quick about things but just keep in mind that Suikoden III is not that big among fans.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Eddie said:
okay well here's the deal. Alot of people hate suikoden III and I'll admit it's really different from all the other ones, but I really liked it alot even though the storyline was a little more personal than political. However Suikoden III is the only one that is an actual sequel, the other two are prequels, thus Suikoden III brings about alot of mysteries that still haven't been answered. Suikoden IV was boring, it just never really peaked my intrest at all despite the new battles with ships and rune cannons. However it's very easy and has Ted as a playable character, dunno how much worth it that makes it, but you wont be losing much sweat over it. Suikoden V was great both by my standards and most fan's standards, many fans say it's second only to Suikoden II and I really do think it was great. There's not really much I can say that was bad about it. Nice character list and really fun and intresting. So I mean, I'd reccomend III and V if you wanna be quick about things but just keep in mind that Suikoden III is not that big among fans.

I agree with you, more or less. Suiko 3 and 5 are definitely very good, and Suiko 4 isn't that bad either.
I've heard countless times over how the series went astray after Suiko2, that is to say when they implemented
3d, but to me it's always been one of the best RPG series there is, even though they're definitely too easy, all of them...

Sorry for kinda reviving a deadish topic, but I'm a huge suikoden fan and would also like to see any info regarding suikoden 6 :] I'll post if I find any myself, I loved suikoden 1,2 and 5 haven't played the rest. After reading this I'm thinking of trying 3 though it's hard to get a hold of a copy.
As for 1,2 and 5, they're all very good and I recommend them to anyone who likes RPG games.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Konami already begin Suikoden VI at the time we speak. We can hope many news during the Tokyo Game Show.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Sorry for bringing up this very old thread but Pesmerga resparked my interest with his soulcaliber versions of suikoden characters. Anyway I was wondering (like the first post asked) if there are any suikoden fans still around and about the progress on this suikoden VI. From what little research I've done I haven't heard anything. My take on the series...The first two are my favorite games eva!!! Especially number two (I cried hard at least a few times throughout the game). I didn't love Suikoden III like I thought I would and lost interest after that. However about 4 or 5 months ago me and a friend found a copy of suikoden tactics in the dusty old ps2 bin and gamestop. I bought it for $12 and I couldn't believe how much fun it was. I loved it so much and returned to that gamestop to buy suikoden 3, 4 and 5. After replaying three I can say that it isn't nearly as bad as I remember. It actually was very fun and interesting as far as story and plot go. Now with game 4 I have to say I was really let down. I played all the way to final chapter in the game and then just put it down and never finished it. Thats how much it wasn't interesting. I played all the way to the end hoping it get better and before I knew it I was at the end of the game and I didn't care how it ended. I haven't started number 5 yet but I'm really hoping it's good. I'd kill for a remake of II. It set an rpg standard for me when I was young that no game could ever reach (save FFVII). Hopefully this Infinite Undiscovery will be something when it comes out because I haven't played a good rpg in a while.

Pesmerga

The 5 is really really good, the same atmosphere than the two first. The four is not very good it's clear, i like the 3 very much too but it's clear the 1,2 and 5 are the best.

For the sixth there is a few rumor, the last one says a new suikoden name : Suikoden Tierkreis.

I hope for a comeback of Pesmerga and Yuber because we dont know very much about them.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Both Pesmerga and Yuber were some of the coolest, most badass characters suikoden had to offer and the games left the whole story between them up in the air. Yuber actually had an important role in the first three games (mostly in three when he tried to destroy the world) but he always managed to escape before the end when the bad guys would get whats coming to them, escaping any punishment. The only other character who was bent on defeating him was Pesmerga. God I wish I could ask the suikoden writers what they were planning for these guys. Actually it's not even clear that these are "guys" at all, or humane for that matter. It's just such a loose end given the role they played in the series.

Well If you say 5 is that good I'll give it shot. You'd better be right by the way.

Pesmerga

Yes the game is little slow to begin (like the first two) but if you like the 1 and 2 you will like the 5. There is Georg Prime in suikoden 5 who's very important and the game have a great story with great revelation.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
New Suikoden game for DS:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169465

The new RPG, titled Genso Suikoden Tierkreis in Japan, is similar in structure to the rest of the series. Set in a pseudo-medieval fantasy world, the game begins with your hero, a young boy (whose name you must provide) who's part of the town watch for the sheltered village of Citro, and a handful of his companions checking out some old ruins on the outskirts of the area. What they find leads to high adventure, of course, and by the time they're through they'll have recruited up to 108 characters ("Stars of Destiny" in Suikoden parlance) to join the effort. Tierkreis may start off on a dark note for our hero, though -- the opening movie depicts the Stars of Destiny trying, and failing, to defend their fortress against a massive army. By the end of the cutscene, only four members are left to save the day. Foreshadowing, or just a bad dream?

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
New Suikoden game for DS:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169465

...Seems like i can no longer resist the lure of the DS. Must.Have.Tierkreis.Now.

Top Bottom