Halo 3

Well I got in through work. I'm not a HUGE fan of the series but I played through the first two and played the multiplayer off and on.

I'm enjoying the beta enough but I just don't think there is anything THAT new about the game.

Anyone else get in through crackdown ect.? I don't think the open beta starts till Tuesday.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
Anyone else get in through crackdown ect.? I don't think the open beta starts till Tuesday.

Its not available through crackdown yet. I'll check it out when it opens.

Other than that, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Not too hot for the series. Frankly I think its overrated.

Its a good game, and it pretty much standardized the shooter on the console, but other than that its a solid shooter with really nothing else to offer. I'm not into the story (in fact Halo2's story was ridiculous), and the mechanics are something we've seen many times before on the PC. I guess the console just needs its all-purpose shooter.

I am the same way, not a big fan, but I have crackdown. I will get on to kill CnC, that almost makes a game buyable for me.

CnC said:
indeed, if only that were possible...

...its lonely at the top... :judo:

Lol. Truthfully I am usually decent at FPSs on a console, but not great. Now FPSs on a PC.....you best watch your ass, I was king of Unreal Tournament 2K4. Mouse + KB > *.*

CnC

Ad Oculos
grendelrt said:
Lol. Truthfully I am usually decent at FPSs on a console, but not great. Now FPSs on a PC.....you best watch your ass, I was king of Unreal Tournament 2K4. Mouse + KB > *.*

I'm more of a Quake 3 Arena man myself. Getting used to a console was difficult and while I still undeniably suck, I think I'm ready for some halo.

You know if you guys want to play a real first person shooter you can join me for some Counter Strike Source.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
You know if you guys want to play a real first person shooter you can join me for some Counter Strike Source.

blech. Never liked Counterstrike, personally (or at least never got into it). Probably for the same reason I prefer games like Gears, Halo, or Quake3 or UT over Rainbow Six, GRAW, etc. For me, its a trade-off between fun and realism. I know a person can't survive 30 bullets to the chest in RL but being downed in 1-2 shots is rarely fun.

Another part of the problem was I missed the train for Counterstrike, where you don't play a game for the longest time but when you finally decide to play, everyone you play with is friggin' psycho-good at it. Multiply this by the 1-2 bullet thing and you've got a recipe for aggravation.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Some chick I work with wrote a dorky article about the upcoming Halo 3: http://c-dh.net/articles/2007/05/15/entertainment/02games.txt

I've personally only played the franchise for about 10 minutes in some guy's dorm room. It was ok I guess. I agree with what CnC said, I think the series is popular because it's probably the most solid, if not certainly the most played, multiplayer console FPS. That being said, it's nothing new to PC gamers who have been playing FPS since Wolfenstein 3d.

I still play CS probably once or twice a month, with a group of friends I've played with for years now. I'm not a pro or anything, it's just a fun, balanced game when you have the right group of people. Oh, and I should mention I play Zombie Mod, not traditional Counterstrike.

Aaaaah, CS, I played that shit for 3 years.
I was kinda pro I was a member of some clans and the biggest Dutch CS community (www.zvdk.nl).

I'm glad I don't play anymore because there cheaters everywhere nowadays.. Aaah, it was fun though!

Im not really that impressed with the graphics, and yeah, I know that MP is often toned down compared to SP but it looks like a crisper version of Halo 2.

CnC

Ad Oculos
If I understand this correctly the beta isn't available to crackdown owners yet (or at least thats what I've heard from the collective whine of the 12-13 year old demographic).

It is funny to peruse the bungie forums on the subject. "I'm suin MS and bungie"-are included in some of the highlights.

...honestly if these are the people I'll be playing with I'm contemplating skipping the whole affair.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
...honestly if these are the people I'll be playing with I'm contemplating skipping the whole affair.
Welcome to the magical world of FPS multiplayer personalities!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Welcome to the magical world of FPS multiplayer personalities!

haha. Well its not like I just started playing online yesterday... but quotes like:

AAAAAAAAAAA ITS NOT WORKING SCREW YOU BUNGIE YOU SUCK BIG TIME

and

WTF BUNGIE!!! I CAN'T BELIVE YOU DID NOT MAKE GOOD ON YOUR PROMISE OF 8AM EST FOR THE DOWNLOAD.

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!! GET THE DAMN DOWNLOAD TOGETHER SO WE CRACKDOWN OWNERS CAN PLAY!!!

NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS BUNGIE!!!

Are gold.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
loling, wow. Fucking a these guys. Talk about ungrateful. Good thing they don't follow Berserk, eh? :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
It is time for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! That's right Bungie and Microsoft, we'd like to thank you for your FALSE ADVERTISEMENT of the Halo 3 beta. Please refund our money that we paid for Crackdown. We only bought the game to play the Halo 3 beta. You have had plenty of time since Crackdown was released to do enough QA that this would be a smooth release. You have falsely advertise and marketed this beta all over and resulted in Crackdown sales being 1000% higher than it would have been. Refund our money!

this is bs im so sick of bungie right now if they dont fix it soon i might give up altogether on halo 3

There are no excuses for this bullshit. Everyone at Microsoft, Bungie, and Render Ware are at fault for not testing it.

Seriously I have to contain laughter at some of these, he's even accusing Crackdown's rendering engine to be at fault.

People are going as far as to say they're leaving "download instructions" for their parents while they go to school, and someone had the misfortune to claim Apple would have handled this better- so that ignited a shitstorm that lasted a few pages...
I love it.

Aazealh said:
Good thing you guys never read any MMORPG forums. This is nothing much.

YOU do?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:

Hahaha no, but I've seen the Official EQ forums back when I played it, and it was really ugly. And from what I know, it's common to most if not all MMORPGs.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
And from what I know, it's common to most if not all MMORPGs.
Definitely. One of my friends who trolls WoW forums occasionally sends me links to some of the more over the top threads. It gets pretty ridiculous.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
loling, wow. Fucking a these guys. Talk about ungrateful. Good thing they don't follow Berserk, eh? :troll:

Heres a related gem:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7153152098207965240&hl=en

Child arguing with his mom but leaving his mic on. Apparently he REALLY wants that chocolate milk...

Walter said:
I think they do (at least the anime) but a people here do a good job of scaring them away.

CnC said:
Heres a related gem:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7153152098207965240&hl=en

Child arguing with his mom but leaving his mic on. Apparently he REALLY wants that chocolate milk...

I feel like this is staged. Why don't we hear the other players telling him to shut the fuck up.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
I feel like this is staged. Why don't we hear the other players telling him to shut the fuck up.

Seems like a lot to stage this. I think its real.

Anyhoo finally downloaded the beta after grendelrt got tired of getting destroyed in crackdown's rocket tag.

Its definitely.... Halo. Frankly even if the graphics get a major facelift the experience hasn't changed much. No doubt it will sell a metric ass-ton but I'm not seeing a lot here. Granted, I've only played one map so far (highground) but managed to come in 2nd or 3rd place.

I'll hop on should you guys want to start a game up.

CnC said:
I'll hop on should you guys want to start a game up.

That'll work. Though now that I have a 100% working xbox it might be hard to pull me away from killing zombies.

Top Bottom