10-month-old gun owner

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not surprised that a father who named his son Bubba is buying him a gun at that age. He'll probably pay him his first whore at 6 or something. Good luck in life, Bubba.

No idea what's wrong with that guy. It looks like he wasn't completely serious about it atleast, just doing it for the novelty.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Just playing around thats all. Who wouldn't allow their son to legally carry around a 12 gauge shotgun at age 4? Whats the worst that could happen?... :SK:

Okin said:
Just playing around thats all. Who wouldn't allow their son to legally carry around a 12 gauge shotgun at age 4? Whats the worst that could happen?... :SK:

"My cookie." "No, MY cookie."

BOOM.

"My cookie." :chomp:

I'm sure its just so he can say to people that his 10 month old son has a gun license. It's not like he's going to take the kid shooting with it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
I'm sure its just so he can say to people that his 10 month old son has a gun license. It's not like he's going to take the kid shooting with it.
My dad made me get a hunting license when I was 9 just so I could own a BB gun.

Then I shot my eye out anyway :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You need a hunting license for a bbgun? that's a new one for me!
Nah, but he wanted to make sure I didn't "shoot my eye out." It was enough to make me say the F word!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Nah, but he wanted to make sure I didn't "shoot my eye out." It was enough to make me say the F word!

correct me if i'm wrong, but did you have to take the gun safety class for getting a hunting license? I'm not sure how that actually works even though I should seeing how i have some G A T S of my own.

EdIT: Fuck you Guts spelling error fixer thing!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but did you have to take the gun safty class for getting a hunting license? I'm not sure how that actually works even though I should seeing how i have some Guts of my own.
Yep, the gun safety class was the precursor to the license.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
TheBeast43105 said:
Well theres a bit of a difference with nine years old and a BB gun than with a ten month old and a 12 gauge ha.

Whats that? The ten month old is less likely going to shoot someone? Not that 9 year old wally would either mind you.

One common death among children during my Dad's time was for them to find a gun in the house and accidentally shoot themselves with it. My Dad felt for this reason that it was better for me to learn how to properly handle a firearm at a young age than for me to remain ignorant about them. I was much younger than 14-years-old when I fired a gun for the first time. Just the same, I grew up with many kids younger than 14 who went shooting on occasion with their own fathers, or even accompanied them on hunting trips.

Maybe it is because I live in a rural area and gun ownership is so common out here, but I don't find anything strange about a grandfather buying his newborn grandson a shotgun for his birthday. I highly doubt that Grandpa Bubba intended for the 10-month-old to go out to the gun range with him the very next day. Guns are a good investment because there is always a market for them with little to no depreciation, so I look at the rifle as a long-term investment. Grandpa Bubba probably just wanted to make sure that his grandson would have his own rifle one day. I think that for many boys especially, getting your own rifle is like a rite of passage, in a way.

The article was deleted, so I don't know what type of card is being referred to exactly, but most states customarily do not require registration or a permit for rifles in the first place.

Aazealh said:
I'm not surprised that a father who named his son Bubba is buying him a gun at that age. He'll probably pay him his first whore at 6 or something. Good luck in life, Bubba.
emo.gif

Top Bottom