The Dark Knight

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*

CnC said:
Dunno, but I _am_ glad they finished filming it (does that make me a bad person?
farnese_emote_embarrass.gif
)

I just hope he did a great job since...

Walter said:
I'm definitely more interested in the movie, since his persistence in achieving the character of the Joker MAY have been what led him to his death. That's just fucking intense. I can't wait.

... this definitely adds a morbid edge to the hype and expectations surrounding the film and his role. It's not like it needed it either. Will people be expecting too much, or will they hail it no matter what now?

Just to get my honest thoughts down, I was lukewarm on him and the trailer overall. Had the potential to go north or south.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Griffith No More! said:
It's not like it needed it either. Will people be expecting too much, or will they hail it no matter what now?

I'm thinking it's going to be similar with Aaliyah's death before Queen of the Damned came out. Even though it sucked peopled went to see the dead girl. :troll:

I don't think Heath's acting sucked and it's coincidental enough he died the same way Marilyn Monroe died. In a CIA covered up killing. :judo:

Edit: thanks Ramen.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I don't think Heath's acting sucked and it's coincidental enough he died the same way Marlyn [typo?] Monroe died. In a CIA covered up killing. :judo:

Marilyn Monroe
CIA? dude haven't you played the Marilyn Monroe detective game?

Griffith

I wondered if the Joker was going to die at the end or not, a death scene would now certainly be a little weird.

Maybe a prison sentence?
However I don't think they should change the content, I prefer the " In Memory of.." approach.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Gah, this news sucks.

28 is extremely young. I was fond of the chap and he was good in most of the films he did. As for Batman, well, I think they'll still go ahead. Hopefully they'll tone it down and simply have a "In Memory of Heath Ledger 1979-2008" at the start. The movie is guaranteed to do well now. Queen of the Damned was a terrible reference -- The Crow was what immediately jumped out at me. I wouldn't have seen it unless I was aware of the tragedy of Brandon Lee's death. Thinking the role killed him is pretty dark, though...

He left a three year old daughter.. but I don't think she'll be hard off.

berserker88

The Raging Demon

FUCKING FAIL!! Dammit, any possible hopes for him returning thrown out the window..............oh well Im glad he finished filming. Oh and God rest his soul. :idea:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Uriel said:
Gah, this news sucks.

28 is extremely young. I was fond of the chap and he was good in most of the films he did. As for Batman, well, I think they'll still go ahead. Hopefully they'll tone it down and simply have a "In Memory of Heath Ledger 1979-2008" at the start. The movie is guaranteed to do well now. Queen of the Damned was a terrible reference -- The Crow was what immediately jumped out at me. I wouldn't have seen it unless I was aware of the tragedy of Brandon Lee's death. Thinking the role killed him is pretty dark, though...

I wasn't referencing it I was comparing it. That and Brandon Lee was killed by accidental gunshot to the head on set before the movie was finished. From the looks of it Dark Knight finished then Ledger died before it was released.

Uriel said:
He left a three year old daughter.. but I don't think she'll be hard off.

Well, yeah money wise she should be fine. Then again that doesn't compare to her not growing up with out a dad.

Omega Tom Hanks said:
FUCKING FAIL!! Dammit, any possible hopes for him returning thrown out the window..............oh well Im glad he finished filming. Oh and God rest his soul. :idea:

Jesus man the guy's kid is going to be fatherless and all you seem concerned about is some shitty movie franchise.

berserker88

The Raging Demon

Dont get me wrong its sad that he died. He was a awsome actor. A Knights Tale was awsome, but sense this thread is dedicated to The Dark Knight I figured I would mention that first. Anyways what shitty franchise? Batman Begins was amazing, the others.......not so much.

My friend told me the news and I thought he was fucking around. It's really a shame. I was really looking forward to this film. Still am. But I think I'll view the film in a different way now, knowing if I do 'fall in love' with the Ledger-Joker, I'll never get a chance to see him in action again. Real fucking shame. :judo:

RIP

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I wasn't a huge fan, but that's really too bad anyway. :( Honestly I wasn't super pumped about this movie, in a large part because I found Batman Begins disappointing, and the actor's death is more likely to perturb the experience rather than enhance it to me. R.I.P.

Oburi

All praise Grail

I never really thought much of him as an actor and I really didn't like most of his starring movies (a Knights tale? yuck) but I do remember seeing interviews with him after Brokeback mountain and thinking that this guy could turn out to be a fine actor. He seemed to be a very mature and more serious actor than I had originally thought. When I learned he was going to play the joker and more importantly when I saw the previews and photos I really became interested in him as an actor. This guy had just started to interest me and then this happened. It's really sad. When I heard "pills" i figured overdose, but then I heard sleeping pills and I thought Monroe as well. R.I.P Heath
Jesus, poor Terry Gilliam is cursed. He's host to one failed production after the other. Elements are always upending themselves in his movies. Anyone here seen Lost in La Mancha?

Yea that guy arguably has the worst luck in movie history. Have you seen interviews of him recalling his filmmaking experience? What a headache!

This really is a sad, although I hate to admit an interesting turn of events. I wasn't a huge fan of his movies but I developed more respect for him as of recent years trying to break out of the teen movie scene, and quite successfully developing a bright future for himself.

This is really the only movie I've been looking forward to seeing with him in such a main role. As it seems he wasn't meant to die off in the end, if I were the director and it had enough extra scenes to make some adjustments, I'd change it so he did. Probably would be too difficult to pull off.

An ending where he ends up in prison wouldn't be so bad. It would just mean the maximum security prison, unlike in the comic books is more realistic and able to hold him indefinitely, never to bother Batman again. ;D
If it's one of those endings where he gets away waiting to cause trouble again that'd be unfortunate. They'd probably be more inclined to find another actor for the role of the third movie, but some things are better left alone.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Yea I have to admit I kind of enjoyed "A Knight's tale". Mostly because it wasn't trying to take itself too seriously.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

CnC said:
Yea I have to admit I kind of enjoyed "A Knight's tale". Mostly because it wasn't trying to take itself too seriously.

Haha, I didn't think it was all that bad, either, for the same reason. :ganishka:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Saw this today:

heathoh2.jpg

Rage runs through my veins and I'm unable to voice any sort of opinion other than... what the fuck?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Uriel said:
what the fuck?

It's the Westboro Baptist Church, what do you expect from people that protest funerals of dead soldiers and dead amish children? [They were going to protest those amish kid's funeral, but they ended up going on to a radio station instead. Well it was planned either way so my point still stands.]

It's also worth pointing out that they lost a law suit for intentionally trying to cause emotional distress to a distraught family.

CnC

Ad Oculos

yea those douchebags are always doing this kind of shit. They've been "protesting" soldier's funerals for years saying that the soldier died because America is tolerant of gay people.

Honestly you'd be hard pressed to find a lower form of scum than these people.

Griffith

They have that crazy patriarch that runs the thing through his creepy family (I really wouldn't be surprised if it was an incest fest), and he really seems to delight in pissing people off (literally laughing at victims and shit) and playing God more than serving any kind of... well, good purpose. I wonder what God and the Devil has in store for him.

Anyway, the flyer is amusing in that it's so over the top and self-aware, but let's not waste too much breath on these... jokers.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Griffith No More! said:
... jokers.

naice.

But yea, bringing attention to them is a bad move. Unfortunately the "seek conflict" mentality of most major media outlets will ensure these dickheads get all the press they need.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

CnC said:
But yea, bringing attention to them is a bad move. Unfortunately the "seek conflict" mentality of most major media outlets will ensure these dickheads get all the press they need.

I'm sure this will be publicized on CNN and other major networks. I remember when CNN did a story on them a few years ago. Why can't these people just committ mass suicide already, like a normal cult? :schierke:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

Not sure how reliable the Sun is (I never get news from them), but heres an article saying that Johnny Depp will take over for Heath in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. A few additional details about Heath's death is also in there.

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article724412.ece

DEATH CLOWN SYNDROME CONTINUES!

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

Back on topic,
Aazealh said:
I found Batman Begins disappointing, and the actor's death is more likely to perturb the experience rather than enhance it to me.
May I ask how? (Not a "why/what" statement, just any particular reason/s?) I mean as a movie it was ok, I don't really see any valid points as a stand-alone movie to elevate it into cinema, but as a comic book/batman film it was fantastic imo. I don't know, I've been a fan since I was a kid (not just of movies). Batman Begins gave us fans quite a bit, a lot of long halloween (my personal fave Batman book) and year one influences, combined with some pretty good casting (sans...Holmes, my one nag with the movie) and a return from Joel's "bat nipple" era and away from Keaton's "badass Batman"...I dunno, it was more than enough for me.

As for ledger, like all celebrity moments, forum-stir and Nancy Grace once again dissecting some olsen twin murder conspiracy or (whatever?) is going on now I've already lost the RIP edge and am more "lets move on now" phase. Hopefully his act as the Joker is a great farewell is all I can say.

Top Bottom