AOW Release - Skull Knight on Horse II

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
AOW has announced the release of the BERSERK 10th Anniversary "Knight of Skeleton Horse Riding II" which will sell at the price of 63,000Yen (JP tax included). They will be taking preorders starting May 25 at 11:00AM (Japanese time).

The scale will be 1/10 as previously announced. There will be 300 pieces made. The dimensions are (including the base): 35 cm (Height), 42 cm (Width) and 35cm (Depth). As you can see below, will be included with the statue SK's sword in both its normal and Yobimizu no Tsurugi states as well as a glorious SCHNOZ STATUE, making it a guaranteed instant sell.

AOW-SK2-01.jpg

AOW-SK2-02.jpg

AOW-SK2-03.jpg

Thanks Masato at http://www.m-world-service.com/ for the information and pictures. He'll act as a broker and get this shipped to anybody around the world so don't hesitate to contact him.

Truly an amazing piece. The price is a bit daunting, but well, it's Skull Knight! And it's 1/10! I wonder how fast it'll sell out, though seeing how the Zodd Senma is still available.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looks pretty sweet. It's cool that they included both versions of SK's sword, but the inclusion of Shnoz is even better. Long live the Nosed One! :guts:

G

Genome

Hi everyone,

harg, price is hard to forgot. Statue look very interesting but the face of SK seems not well done. We will see on more pictures soon. About SK I will add a wallpaper of him in the creation station soon, in the same topic I created few days ago. :serpico:

Hi,

I posted the wallpaper in the creation station.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Holy shit, it's finally here! I almost fell out of my chair today when I read the eMail.
I'm so getting this and I'll be number 1! :guts:

Does anyone know when it will be released and how much the difference between EMS and Seamail is?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
How much more does EMS approximately cost compared to Seamail?

AOW said the statue could be around 9 kg. From Japan to the USA that would be 14,000Y (~115$) with EMS (for a package over 9 kg and under 10). But I'm wondering if the 9 kg estimation includes the heavy box or not. I have no idea of the exact cost for Seamail, let's just say it'd be quite cheaper, and would take A LOT longer to get to you.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I think I might have to pick this up. I mean, 1/10th? That's great - I'm looking forward to more detailed pics.

Oh, by the way, first post in a long while. . . :carcus:

Chiba

I could wait several weeks if it would save me 14,000 Yen or more.
Is the long shipping time the only problem you were referring to, or are there usually other, more troubling problems?

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I don't mean to stick my nose in anyone's business, but I would imagine there is a heightened chance of receiving your statue damaged with Seamail. I can't confirm since I am at work but I thought Art of War's policy on overseas orders is that they do not cover broken statues.

Chiba said:
I could wait several weeks if it would save me 14,000 Yen or more.
Is the long shipping time the only problem you were referring to, or are there usually other, more troubling problems?

Ko Ninja said:
I don't mean to stick my nose in anyone's business, but I would imagine there is a heightened chance of receiving your statue damaged with Seamail. I can't confirm since I am at work but I thought Art of War's policy on overseas orders is that they do not cover broken statues.

Higher chance your shit gets broken and higher chance your shit gets straight up lost. AFAIK there is no tracking with seamail and if it gets lost you are just out of luck.

You're buying a $500 statue take everyone's advice and don't cheap out on the shipping. If it is SO much of a stretch to get this item that you are pressed to save a few dollars on shipping maybe you should rethink the purchase. Not trying to be a dick just trying to look out for you.

It is interesting that AOW suggested we use Seamail instead of EMS in their email to us. In regards to all the Seamail vs EMS questions, I've only had one Seamail experience, and it was for a kit that I bought. It took over a month before it arrived, and when it did, it was ALL broken. From what I've heard, Seamail is just bad. Unfortunately, I've only had one first-hand experience with it, so I can't really CONFIRM the rumors, but I also believe Seamail doesn't offer insurance on their packages (which in this case might not even be an issue because it seems like AOW doesn't insure their packages to us anyways).

The price difference between the two, will be more than $100. But, my recommendation, is that the less time it spends with the postal service (3 days versus 30 days), means the less likely it will arrive damaged.

If there are some people that go with Seamail still, please let us know how your experience went, as I would like to hear more feedback on first-hand experience.

Chiba

If the chance of getting the statue damaged is that high, I guess I'll stick with EMS.
It's not that I don't have the money, but to me shipping costs are always a waste of money and I try to keep them as low as possible, without decreasing the quality of course. If it was only for the fact that it takes longer, that would be my least problem.

Just awesome ! I have to get it but whouooooo, that price...

If you ask me, choose EMS. Resin statues are fragile and break easily. Yesterday, a friend who has bought the Guts & Farnese diorama told me he received it higly broken... he had chosen seamail. With a 63 000 yens statue... I don't even want to think of receivig it broken :judo:

Anyway :

About Production of Statue
As we have announced before, due to facts like the steep rise in personnel expenses and raw materials, outflow of technologists to other industries, a weak Yen rate and the limit of mass production of high quality productions, we have been forced to reconsider our way of working.
Since our latest item: Knight of Skeleton Horse Riding FigureⅡ(1/10) is of the largest volume and composed of most parts among statues we have ever released, production of this item is truly a heavy burden on our factory. Moreover, aiming for further improvement on quality, we are engaged in the education for workers and the re-construction of the factory's system now. As a result, we have decided to stop releasing new statues briefly and to exert all of our strength on manufacture of this item and other items not released. Regarding non-statue items, we will continue releasing new items of this kind.
We are really sorry for all the inconvenience that may cause you and sincerely beg your understanding and support. It is our customers’ continued support that encourages ART OF WAR to keep on producing high quality Berserk statues!

On Art of War's website, we can read this.
Sounds like a great news, doesn't it !
I hope (and with this news, I am not worrying) we will never see again statues like Darka or Guts Berserker (the awful thing with the croc & apostle base).

Ordered mine! Of course, I got the Limited Edition =). I didn't know there would be 2 versions actually, but the LE is the same price and comes with the Sword of Resonance and Schnoz statues, so it's a no brainer. I wonder how fast this will sell out...

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
Ordered mine!  Of course, I got the Limited Edition =).  I didn't know there would be 2 versions actually, but the LE is the same price and comes with the Sword of Resonance and Schnoz statues, so it's a no brainer.  I wonder how fast this will sell out...

Got mine too but can't see the difference betwenn both version, do you ?

Genome said:
Got mine too but can't see the difference betwenn both version, do you ?

Well, basically, the LE comes with the extra Schnoz statue, and if you look up to Aaz's first post, you can see the two different swords. The normal one comes with the normal edition, and the limited edition comes with the other one =).

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
Well, basically, the LE comes with the extra Schnoz statue, and if you look up to Aaz's first post, you can see the two different swords. The normal one comes with the normal edition, and the limited edition comes with the other one =).

Ok because the description on AOW web site sais that he Scnoz is coming on both version. I thought the item will be set with both swords, maybe it's the case of the LE version don't you think ?

Top Bottom