Jack Thompson to battle Microsoft

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
This guy just seems to be off of his rocker. As someone from Slashdot had mentioned, instead of this guy campaigning to educate the parents about ratings and how they should stop their kids from buying games that are not meant to them, AKA being responsible, he is going after the makers of said games and getting on their backs for things that they are not responsible for.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl%3Fsid%3D07/05/23/2146236

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Let him waste his time and his money against Microsoft, that's one of the least effective things he's attempted so far. Nothing's going to come out of it.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Jack Thompson is, in every sense of the word, a cretin. I did a [compelling] 10 page paper on the controversy surrounding video games and their adult content. Suffice to say I found a lot of information regarding Jacky-boy -- each time it only got worse. Way to go sue a company that could afford to employ Jesus to be their lawyer, Jack. It's a sure-fire win!

In regards to educating parents, the ESRB recently released their newest finding in parents using the rating system. The results show improvement, but parental participation is still the key factor for game developers in terms of being in the spot light.

CnC

Ad Oculos
If I remember correctly he ran against Janet Reno in Florida before. I fuckin' GUARANTEE you all of this is leading up to another political race in the future. All Jackyboy is doing here is putting his name out there. And thanks to everyone talking about it, its working.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
The thing that urks me is why he's choosing to target Halo 3, beside the copious of publicity it'd get. The game is Rating Pending, firstly, though it'll probably get the M rating in America like Halo and Halo 2. Oddly for an M rated game it shows no signs of being explicitly gory or having offensive material! My guess is that he saw the tea bagging skit and the homophobic maniac inside of him went from a code yellow right into a code red.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
The thing that urks me is why he's choosing to target Halo 3, beside the copious of publicity it'd get.

There's no "beside", that's the beauty of it.

Uriel said:
Oddly for an M rated game it shows no signs of being explicitly gory or having offensive material!

Or of being mature altogether. :troll:

I think this sums up Jack Thompson quite nicely

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=158

This is also the same man who got the 2 live crew CD banned many years ago.

Just a bit of information about his election campaign against Janet Reno:
He repeatedly accused her of being a lesbian during a campaign. So he sent her question in a mail asking her to check whichever box had her sexual orientation.

Janet Reno tapped him on the shoulder and responded:
I'm only interested in virile men. That's why I'm not attracted to you.

He tried to file a lawsuit claiming that it was battery, but the judge rejected it.

What do you think he'd do if he knew that Berserk existed?

:-X

Top Bottom