28 Weeks Later

Completely unnecessary.

I'm one of the only people in my entire town that didnt love this movie. The directing was among the worst I've ever seen (ie shaky/blur camera that makes everything indecipherable).

And they left it wide open for more sequels.

Urgh.

A friend of mine saw it and was ranting and raving about it. Told me to "def check it out", I love the guy, but he also gave Pirates 3 a "10 out of 10". So, yea 28 Weeks Later, thats how long it'll be before I go rent it. :carcus:

Since when do sequels have to be neccesary to be good? Terminator 2 didnt even follow the proper timeline, let alone events, of the first one and it still rocked.

A better comparison might to be what Aliens was compared to Alien, while not quite as drastic a change between Day and Weeks, it was a similar change in concept and scale. Days was the smaller, more tense, scary, and atmospheric piece, while Weeks is the larger, more explosion and violence filled actiony bigger brother.

To be honest I didnt like 28 Days Later because I thought the second half was garbage that took the good atmosphere of the beginning and threw it out the window. I liked 28 Weeks later because while the middle is calmer than the beginning and end, it is by and far a much more entertaining movie to watch. The graphics were done well whether it was the CG (which there wasnt much of) or the actual physical gore. Its a bit more over the top but honestly it never drags down thanks to some wonderful scenes.

The beginning segment was an excellent tense, edge of your seat, roller coaster ride and the rest didnt let down in my opinion.

I guess the main problem I had with Weeks was that with a tiny amount of edits, it could have been an entirely different movie from an entirely different franchise.

There were no characters from the first film, and the Rage victims were barely present in the film with the exception of the very beginning (which was by far my favorite part of the film).

That is true about Terminator 2 being unneccesary but still kicking ass. If they had stopped the series there, I would have been happy. But then came Terminator 3, even more unneccesary and not nearly as good. And now they're making Terminator 4, the Sarah Connor Chronicles on television, its insane. Terminator wrapped up the story. There was no reason to procede.

However, back on topic. I didnt feel the characters were as well fleshed out, and i didnt really care what was going on at any particular time. And the main characters were two children. Unless Guillermo Del Toro is directing, any horror movie should absolutely not have kids in them, let alone main characters.

That whole bit with the eye gouging which everyone raves about was also ridiculous. Last i checked the Rage victims just bit viciously at people and tore them apart, they didnt calmly target specific body parts. Pretty soon in 28 Months/years/whatever later we're going to have Rage victims that shove bamboo reeds under peoples finger nails while simultaneously doing the Chinese Water Torture

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
TheBeast43105 said:
Unless Guillermo Del Toro is directing, any horror movie should absolutely not have kids in them, let alone main characters.

I really hope Del Toro stays away from vampire and comic book movies, it just makes me sad.

That whole bit with the eye gouging which everyone raves about was also ridiculous. Last i checked the Rage victims just bit viciously at people and tore them apart, they didnt calmly target specific body parts.

How is this a spoiler? Anyways they bite specific body parts, the whole idea of the rage virus was that it was like the person was going fucking berserk 24/7. So I think eye gouging would be in there along with bitch slaps.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I really hope Del Toro stays away from vampire and comic book movies, it just makes me sad.

How is this a spoiler? Anyways they bite specific body parts, the whole idea of the rage virus was that it was like the person was going fucking berserk 24/7. So I think eye gouging would be in there along with bitch slaps.

To be honest, I was trying out the spoiler tag because I'd never used it before.

I dont know, its just my opinion that I thought the eye gouging thing was a little too calculated and knowing for a person infected with rage. It felt like they were making a nod to the first movie and it felt forced and out of place. Again, all in my opinion.

Top Bottom