True Swords Dragonlayer Replica

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Please forgive me guys if this has been posted already, I did search beforehand. I'm at a public library(computer went kaput) and I was just on trueswords.com and found out they have recently released a dragonslayer replica. It looks pretty neat, but obviously, as the description points out, this is not a combat sword. Here's a link to the product.

http://www.trueswords.com/berserk-guts-gattsu-dragonslayer-sword-huge-52in-p-2968.html

Any thoughts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
Any thoughts?

Do they have a license for making this? I guess not, and that means I must frown on this enterprise. Anyway I don't think it's all that great (52 inches? What a joke.), and given the price it's probably as crappy as it looks. It's honestly hard to appreciate this after having seen Chiba's sword.

Aazealh said:
Do they have a license for making this? I guess not, and that means I must frown on this enterprise. Anyway I don't think it's all that great (52 inches? What a joke.), and given the price it's probably as crappy as it looks. It's honestly hard to appreciate this after having seen Chiba's sword.

Well Chiba's blacksmith didn't have a license either. Though I have to agree this looks pretty freakin crappy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Well Chiba's blacksmith didn't have a license either.

He custom-made one at the request of a client, he didn't make them by the dozen nor advertised it on his website as the Dragon Slayer, Guts' sword from Berserk. Not exactly the same thing.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Aazealh said:

I'd really like to know that myself Aaz. As you can see, Trueswords is known for making swords off licensed properties, I have no idea if it's sanctioned or not.

Aeglos

"wavy style handle", what the heck?
Guts' summary is copy-pasted from the Wiki...

So, with Proj's apologies:

stupidlookGuts.jpg

The image says it all.

Dirty Dog

Yeah, I need to agree here.
I think it's the same size as their crappy Buster Sword replicas.

and does anyone else think it also looks way too thin?

anyway, I'd still consider getting it if not for one simple thing:
Not designed for hard use such as cutting or defense.
Honestly; if you can't tear through armored knights and legions of demons with it, why bother getting such a huge thing? :griff:

Accurate replica of Guts Dragon Slayer sword
Seriously? So is my penis.

I don't think true swords gives any profit to any franchise/company it invokes, they've made (if I'm thinking the same thing) Kenshin's sakabato, Highlander katanas, and ten thousand Final Fantasy knock offs. I just love the fact they have the cover of Guts with one right next to it,
"No guys, really, we got it right."

Dirty Dog

Manji said:
Seriously? So is my penis.

I don't think true swords gives any profit to any franchise/company it invokes, they've made (if I'm thinking the same thing) Kenshin's sakabato, Highlander katanas, and ten thousand Final Fantasy knock offs. I just love the fact they have the cover of Guts with one right next to it,
"No guys, really, we got it right."

Yeah, I found that a little humorous.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Sorry to revive this long dead thread :ganishka:

My brother actually bought this sword for me last year for my birthday. I have to say its not that bad. Sure, it could have been made a lot better, but it feels good to hold it (pretty heavy too). I added some bandages on the hilt, and did a few "repairs/enhancements". Its a little pricy though (80$ + heavy shipping), but overall I think its a cool Berserk item to own.

I've been hoping some robber breaks in ever since.. I'd gladly test it on his skull (the sword might break with it though, hehe).

Any volunteers? :carcus:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
And here are the very modest pics of my very modest Dragon Slayer !

pict0037s.jpg

pict0038zd.jpg

pict0039d.jpg

pict0040fm.jpg

I'll eventually replace the cheap key ring I added with a chain link when I stumble upon one :isidro:

Top Bottom