Fallout 3

Well the article seems to be making all the right noises, "staying true to the series", "rpg not action game" "choice and consequence" etc. Unfortunately most of these were claimed during the Oblivion hype and the game itself didn't really deliver (IMHO at least). My main concerns are: will it really be "choice and consequence" (coupled with the voice-over for me this tends to limit dialogs), and the combat, namely how will the action point feature work. Still it's early days so I'll reserve judgment for later stages. Oh the overall design looks good apart for the Orc I mean Super Mutant :puck:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Unfortunately most of these were claimed during the Oblivion hype and the game itself didn't really deliver (IMHO at least).
Wow, really? I never got a chance to play Oblivion (my computer absolutely blows. I barely managed HL2 and I never even played Doom3 b/c of it), but I know Oblivion got "best PC game" in many arenas.

Oh the overall design looks good apart for the Orc I mean Super Mutant :puck:
The Super Mutant looks awesome. Would you rather he looked like this?

Wow, really? I never got a chance to play Oblivion (my computer absolutely blows. I barely managed HL2 and I never even played Doom3 b/c of it), but I know Oblivion got "best PC game" in many arenas
It's not really a bad game as much as it's a bad RPG. Little to none actual role-playing, a cliche storyline, really limited dialog options, and a poor AI (especially given all the hype about it), but my main complaint is that the whole game is scaled around your character, meaning that theoretically one could finish the game with level 1. The good elements are a stunning engine (mostly the outdoors part) and a fairly interesting combat system. For me it was mostly a case of failed expectation, I thought it'd be an RPG while it's in fact an action game with RPG cosmetics.
The Super Mutant looks awesome. Would you rather he looked like this?
Hahaha the green-skinned pig-people of Star Wars yore, man if those are the options than for sure... But seriously I don't mind the look of the dude in itself, just that it isn't exactly fallout-ish; check out THIS comparison. I'd be more than happy if this slight difference in taste turned out to be my biggest gripe with the design.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Hahaha the green-skinned pig-people of Star Wars yore, man if those are the options than for sure... But seriously I don't mind the look of the dude in itself, just that it isn't exactly fallout-ish; check out THIS comparison. I'd be more than happy if this slight difference in taste turned out to be my biggest gripe with the design.
Hahahaha wow, you're on NMA, eh? Does the skin tight Vault suit really bother you guys that much? Start a petition!! :casca:

Hahahaha wow, you're on NMA, eh? Does the skin tight Vault suit really bother you guys that much? Start a petition!! Casca
Hehe, no not really I just stumble through it from time to time, to many people whose skin tight jump suits seem to cut of the oxygen supply... "Me true fan, hear I out!!!" They do have great resources, as does Duck and Cover and a couple more sites.

Being honest I'm one of those guys who played only a little of Fallout 2 and probably saw some of my more PC-favored friends playing the first, but both in my G.I and the internet I was relatively pleased at how Fallout 3 looks.

. I barely managed HL2
I share your pain. I recently actually bought it (played a demo when it was released, comp struggled on low settings). Same comp three years down the road, just with a slightly better card and thus I can run at minimum settings. Pretty much been the trend, and is why I'm not a heavy PC gamer.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow. I'm not much of a Fallout fan but, man, this is really looking like a must-buy more and more by the day.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I got it, Liam Neeson is my father, and I'm working on getting out of the vault... anyone else?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I will be doing this weekend. Been looking forward to it for a while now. My finger has been on the "purchase" button on Steam for days. ButI dont get paid until Thursday. :judo:

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
I would really like to hear what you guys think of the game once you're a bit into it. I wish there were some screenshots of the low graphics settings somewhere (anybody know?), because that's what I will most likely have to use if I were to get this.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'm also tempted to pick this game up after seeing it in action at my buds house last night. Heard it's a pretty meaty quest, good bang for your buck as it'll probably keep you busy until the holidays.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
handsome rakshas said:
I'm also tempted to pick this game up after seeing it in action at my buds house last night. Heard it's a pretty meaty quest, good bang for your buck as it'll probably keep you busy until the holidays.

Sure is, its roughly a hundred +hours to do everything.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I'm barrowing my roomate's copy and it's pretty fantastic. It can be overwhelming at times with all the choices, but I guess that'ssort of the point.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Great game, but they need to make a patch to fix on the fucking glitches that are ruining the game for me right now. :ganishka:
Actually they did just put out a patch which does that. Look up foolio. :beast:

Yeah it's awesome, i haven't been addicted to a game like this since.. maybe last month.
But yeah, i got when it was released and beat it in 2 days (just main quest), now i started a new save and I'm roaming around, doin' some side quests and exploring (oh and being evil) :beast:
I already found the UFO crash site..
So if anyone needs pointers :ganishka:

Top Bottom