Mysterious silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genome

Hi,

I'm actually asking myself question about a little drawing that maybe many haven't take attention to. Also I'm starting confrontation of ideas with someone with how I work. Finaly, asking this question here is a good idea.

In the book 18, Casca is brought to take water to the river with one of the prostitutes, and night is coming. Some spirits take dead bodies and try to reach Casca. At that time the child of Casca appears to scare those spirits. Then something make him look in front of him. He see some one and looks scared (that is suprising as he is half the soon of the God Hand Femto) and then disappears.

I'm wondering if that person he see at this moment is the child of the moonlight (same as my avatar) that we can see in the book 28.

What do you think ?

Hi Genome, the silhouette you're mentioning looks like Casca to me, she has bandages and a long coat on when she goes down to the river. IMHO he's running so that Casca wouldn't come to him (she would recognize her child) thus getting herself in trouble with the inquisition. Also I think it's actually just after sundown, not dawn (hence the ghosts possessing corpses). Hope I'm making sense, and that this helps.

G

Genome

vlad said:
Hi Genome, the silhouette you're mentioning looks like Casca to me,...

Hi Vlad,

Well of course Casca could be a normal thought but refering on position of each character I don't think so. Here I'm going to try to explain :serpico: with a little drawing :

:casca: and :)---------------------------"baby"-------------------spirits
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ (river)
:eek: (Apostle)

So on the first picture I send, the "baby" have is body perpendiculare of the line betwen Casca and spirits but have his head turn to look to the spirits. When he turn the head to si the forme, he look face to him so he should look over the river. As we know that the form doesn't look like the one of the undeads, how this is ? That's why, including the face of the baby seeing this form, that the form is the child of the moon light.

We know that this child is Guts and Casca's one, as the "baby" is also (with part of femto) I guesssing that this child is the opposite of the baby. Baby is devil, child is even, explaining why the baby look scared about him and disappear.

:miura:

Hehe, great visual I like it! Unfortunately I still think you're wrong, the form is very much similar to the way Casca is drawn a few panels before (the pan-away with the tower in the background). Plus, she seems to have seen the child and is moving towards him/her/it (the panel right after the child disappears). The view from across the river (the eyes, drawn while the ghosts appear) belongs to the Beherit-Apostle. This is still just my opinion so feel free to disagree :guts:
We quiet know that this child is Guts and Casca's one, as the "baby" is also (with part of femto) I guesssing that this child is the oposit of the baby. Baby is devil, child is even, explaining why the baby look scared about him and desappear.
Also this is a bit of large step, since we haven't seen the moonlight child do something "evil", if anything it saved the group from Guts.

Hey Genome! - I think your illustration is superb - nice one!

I do agree with Vlad though, I think it is Casca.

G

Genome

vlad said:
This is still just my opinion so feel free to disagree :guts:Also this is a bit of large step, since we haven't seen the moonlight child do something "evil", if anything it saved the group from Guts.

Mistake on my draw, not undeads but Apostle of course. Thanks for comments about my draw too :serpico:

A agree that the form could be Casca but because of the face of the "baby" when seeing this person, I think this isn't Casca (also the point of vue...see my draw :serpico:) Whell we will see but I won't be surprise if that's the child :guts:

About the "power" of the child, I think he is linked with heaven or something that is in opposition with the spirit world that we know. I think that because : when crocodiles attack the group in book 28, the crocodile leave the attact of the small group of Casca and Farnese when they see the child (or the child do them something). Also the etheral body, at the end of the crocodiles attack, that stop Guts turned in Berserker and going to attack his friends is the child too. This etheral body isn't the witch's because at this moment she is far to have reached Guts to stop him. She only arrived after this etheral body pull away the berserker from Guts...

I think this isn't Casca (also the point of vue...see my draw Serpico) Whell we will see but I won't be surprise if that's the child Guts
I think you are referring to this image:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/vld_photos/Berserk2.jpg
Well, to me the sideways glance would suggest that the child isn't looking across the river but actually straight at Casca and Nina (note how his eye is positioned, if he was to look across IMHO it would be a straight glance).
And check out this image
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/vld_photos/Berserk1.jpg
the silhouettes are VERY similar.
Also, I'm a little confused by one thing, it is my opinion that the moonlight child and the demon one are in fact the same person (meaning Guts and Casca's kid); that being said I simply don't see how "they" could co-exist. One came after the other, the demon child was used as a fleshy vessel for Griffith, and we only get one appearance of the other, but a lot later. It has been speculated ( THIS thread), especially after Aaz's find, that it could have a lot to do with Griffith (some sort of inner struggle or something >> werewolf :guts: ). In any case both children are shown doing some good ( albeit the demon child does torment Guts a little, but thats a different thing altogether), so a clean good vs. bad kid is kind of a strain, IMHO at least.

G

Genome

I agree that cooexistance of the kids look impossible. But the cooexistance of Griffith rebirth and the child of moonlight to. The "baby" is Guts and Casca child it's ok. The child of the moon light seem to be there child too because of his act with them.

But the "baby" have been transformed into Griffith rebirth by the apostle. That conclude that both the "baby" (in baby or Griffith rebirth form) and the child of the moon light can co-exist.

Such mistery. Finaly until the apperance of the child of the moon light I also thought it was Casca on the forme but since his appearance i have doute.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
At that time the child of Casca appears to scare those spirits. Then something make him look in front of him. He see some one and looks scared (that is suprising as he is half the soon of the God Hand Femto) and then disappears.

The child only sees Casca, like Vlad said. He's afraid that she'll come to get him and put herself in danger. This is why he disappears. The specters had already taken off so he had no reason to stay either. Also, this child isn't Femto's son. He's Guts and Casca's son, that's all. Femto merely corrupted him while he was still an embryo.

Genome said:
I'm wondering if that person he see at this moment is the child of the moonlight (same as my avatar) that we can see in the book 28.

No, definitely not.

Genome said:
So on the first picture I send, the "baby" have is body perpendiculare of the line betwen Casca and spirits but have his head turn to look to the spirits. When he turn the head to si the forme, he look face to him so he should look over the river.

Nah he's looking straight at Casca. He turns around to look at her. Your idea of perpendicular lines is irrelevant here because we see him while he is turning around, and it's also pretty clear the person he sees is Casca when you look at the scene in its entirety. The next panel shows Casca going toward him.

Genome said:
I guesssing that this child is the opposite of the baby. Baby is devil, child is even, explaining why the baby look scared about him and disappear.

That sounds pretty far-fetched, I'm afraid. And really, the idea of that character appearing in such an unremarkable way to then disappear for 10 volumes before being properly introduced is quite ridiculous.

Genome said:
About the "power" of the child, I think he is linked with heaven or something that is in opposition with the spirit world that we know.

I don't know what makes you think that the boy's power is derived from something in opposition to the spiritual world as we know it, especially not if it were to be a hypothetical "heaven". The kid himself appears as a spirit, so...

Genome said:
But the cooexistance of Griffith rebirth and the child of moonlight to.

Well no, it could be explained several ways. In any case it's pretty unlikely that the Moonlight Boy existed under his current form prior to Griffith's incarnation.

G

Genome

Aazealh, I never said that the baby was Griffith as I know he is Guts and Casca's but a part of him is link to Femto as you explain.

I also agree on the fact that a such short appearance of the moonlight child would have been pretty strange if not introducing him until the book 28.

So Ok the silhoutte is Casca, I just misunderstand when I re-read this part (I had just read book 28 so maybe :serpico:)

About the opposition of "power" between the moonlight child and the spirit world as we know it's only based on the fact that crocodiles "run away" from him.

Thanks for your point of view guys :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Aazealh, I never said that the baby was Griffith as I know he is Guts and Casca's but a part of him is link to Femto as you explain.

Uhh well you did say "he is half the soon of the God Hand Femto", I guess that was just a clumsy formulation then. :serpico: He wasn't linked to Femto in any special way that we know of other than having been corrupted by him during the Occultation.

Genome said:
About the opposition of "power" between the moonlight child and the spirit world as we know it's only based on the fact that crocodiles "run away" from him.

Alright, but the fact he could repel a familiar doesn't really imply that he derives his power from some mysterious opposite source. It just means he's stronger than them or able to drive them off for some reason. I don't think you need to think that far basically.

I think this is really just a case where we don't have enough to go on in order to formulate an origin for the Moonlight Child. Certainly, this is one of the bigger mysteries left to consider right now, though I suspect its importance to the plot means that we aren't going to be able to guess our way into a solution. One would think that if simply being near the Ocean aided the Child's powers, being at sea would make an appearance even more likely (although I'm not sure that really would fit into the story arc right now).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bph said:
the Moonlight Child.

I know I'm just nitpicking, but the title of the episode that gave him that name is "Moonlight Boy", not "child". It doesn't make a lot of difference in the end, but if we're going to use capitals and all then let's stick to the exact name.

bph said:
One would think that if simply being near the Ocean aided the Child's powers, being at sea would make an appearance even more likely

Well not necessarily: even assuming the ocean aided his power, it doesn't mean he appeared out of thin air, nor that he came directly from the sea.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
That is kind of interesting, I never picked up on anything like that when I read through 18... Personally, that will warrant me reading over that particular one again :serpico:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom