Episode 287

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Title: 水泡 - Futile

07v14.jpg

Maybe she is looking at something after all.

It would seem that way! She seems to be looking upwards, and given that Guts recognized Griffith while they were boarding maybe it was vice versa and he sent some of those flying apostles that went after Ganishka to take care of them.
Thanks for the preview Uriel.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Im thinking its another pare of those oh so great supple breasts on them statues! :carcus:

(What am I doing up right now? its 2:29am!)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:

I still say "nah". I think its more likely we're going to see Farnese look at Guts who's looking at Casca and have that "awww" moment.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
vlad said:
It would seem that way! She seems to be looking upwards, and given that Guts recognized Griffith while they were boarding maybe it was vice versa and he sent some of those flying apostles that went after Ganishka to take care of them.

More onwards than upwards... lets not start over speculating, though :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:

Well wasn't it obvious from the first time that she was looking at something? And so was Guts. They have been at sea for days now, maybe weeks. It seems pretty unlikely that Casca would be surprised at a spectacle she's been seeing everyday...

Anyway, the title is "Foam", or maybe something like "In Vain".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
My work computer doesn't have the Japanese language pack, so I can't tell :(

In romaji it's "suihou", it has the two meanings. Either "foam/bubble" or an expression that means something like "in vain" according to Puella.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
is it me or its really early for a preview?! the episode is still supposed to come out on the 13th right?! anyway I'm glad we have one! and what is it that casca is looking at?! foam? oh my god it's a storm! haha joke aside it might be a typhoon or something like that?! or another ship just drop a box of soap in the sea :guts:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
vlad said:
Thanks for the preview Uriel.

i don't know about that, i feel like Griffith doesn't care what Guts does.

Hmmm How about this. Farnese is new to witchcraft so somehow lets go of Schierke's hand and goes out of control prompting an OH! from Casca

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Hmmm How about this. Farnese is new to witchcraft so somehow lets go of Schierke's hand and goes out of control prompting an OH! from Casca

That doesn't make any sense. Casca was already saying "Oh!" at the end of episode 286, and Farnese hadn't let go of Schierke's hand or anything. Furthermore, letting go would most likely only endanger her a little but would go unnoticed from others like Casca, and Guts himself was apparently watching in the same direction as Casca at the time. Finally, it's more than probable that the preview will be the first picture of the episode, directly linking it to the end of 286 (as usual).

That'd be cool if after they get to Elf helm and casca is cured and whatever other events take place they stay for awhile and Guts trains with the DS. I could see guts doing like 2000 1 armed swings with the ds and like getting even bigger maybe 30 inch arms and resemble Zodd somewhat haha. Then maybe he could take on Griffith along with the Berserker armor.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Donald Shimoda said:
That'd be cool if after they get to Elf helm and casca is cured and whatever other events take place they stay for awhile and Guts trains with the DS. I could see guts doing like 2000 1 armed swings with the ds and like getting even bigger maybe 30 inch arms and resemble Zodd somewhat haha. Then maybe he could take on Griffith along with the Berserker armor.
You go to your room right now and no dinner. You sit in your corner and think about what you said. Go! :puck:

Although it would be kinda cool to see a montage of Gutt's "Juicing up" and getting "swole", I think he is going to see about getting that astral wound fixed up instead.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Although it would be kinda cool to see a montage of Guts "Juicing up" and getting "swole", I think he is going to see about getting that astral wound fixed up instead.

It would be pretty cool, and I think its nessessary if hes going to continue down this path, look at how scarred up he is now from the sea fight. He needs to become stronger some how, other wise he'll just keep getting into huge battles and end up really scarred and almost dead all the time.

He might also get stronger through using Schierke's magic incombination with the Berserker armor and the DS, or something else we haven't seen yet.

I don't expect this view will be anything threatening (at least yet) as Guts doesn't look remotely worried. Given his 6th sense for approaching danger that's good enough for me.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
You go to your room right now and no dinner. You sit in your corner and think about what you said. Go! :puck:

;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

Donald Shimoda said:
He might also get stronger through using Schierke's magic in combination with the Berserker armor and the DS, or something else we haven't seen yet.
He can only unleash his tag team attack once his rage bar fills up to max!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
It would be pretty cool, and I think its nessessary if hes going to continue down this path, look at how scarred up he is now from the sea fight. He needs to become stronger some how, other wise he'll just keep getting into huge battles and end up really scarred and almost dead all the time.
Don't you think it serves a thematic purpose that Guts is killing himself by facing against such massive, powerful enemies? He's just a human afterall. It only makes sense that his body suffers such damage when he's fighting beings like apostles.

He might also get stronger through using Schierke's magic incombination with the Berserker armor and the DS, or something else we haven't seen yet.
Yeah, she could light him on fire each battle like in Vritannis. What a super idea.

Walter said:
Don't you think it serves a thematic purpose that Guts is killing himself by facing against such massive, powerful enemies? He's just a human afterall. It only makes sense that his body suffers such damage when he's fighting beings like apostles.

Thats all well and nice but unless he somehow becomes much more powerful I dont know how hes going to defeat Griffith and the God Hand.

Basically what I think has kept him going so long in the first place is Puck, hes goes through all these battles and gets hurt and injured, if he didn't have Puck there to heal him it would have been over a long time ago. Maybe if he takes on like 1 apostle at a time and kills each one, then runs away and heals (lol) he might wear down Griffiths supply of apostles and then he could stike at Griffith, but I'm not really sure that would make a good story. Actually that might not even work because new Apostles are born every now and then.

He defeated Slann just fine with his DS in the Qliphoth, and Zodd needed to intervene in order to protect Griffith from Guts on the Hill of Swords. I think Guts is quite capable of at least hurting their corporeal form.

And your suggestion of killing all the apostles so he could get at Griffith undermines your assertion that Guts needs to become more powerful to defeat Griffith.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
unless he somehow becomes much more powerful I dont know how hes going to defeat Griffith and the God Hand.

Well just add this to the endless list of things you don't know then.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well to add to something that Donald had said earlier, although the way he said it didnt sound good, Gut's is obviously going to need team work if he wants to battle with the God Hand and Griffith.

He had his hands full with Ganishka and Co. Not nearly as powerful as God Hand and Griffith. If anything, maybe they will find alternate safer ways to battle them.

As cool as it would be for Gut's to go in sword 'a'raging into their collective, I just don't think its going to work out that way.

Top Bottom