Episode 287

Donald Shimoda said:
unless he somehow becomes much more powerful I dont know how hes going to defeat Griffith and the God Hand.

I'm not so sure he ever will defeat them, and the way I see it, he'd probably receive a mortal wound during such a battle. Nothing about Berserk has ever led me to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Guts is only in his mid-20's I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) and he already is missing an arm, an eye, has white hair coming in, is losing sensation in his fingertips, is losing sense of taste, is wearing a cursed armor that is slowly killing him, his girlfriend was raped and has lost her sanity, and when she regains her mind she is probably going to use that Beherit in Guts satchel so she can once again be a sword for Griffifth's Army now that he has taken a human form again, she will want to help Griffifths's dream come true. She might not remember the Eclipse, in which case she could very well fall victim to Griffith's charisma again. I quote the Skull Knight in Episode 238: "What You Wish For May Not Be What She Wishes For." Anyway, my point is, don't expect Berserk to have a happy ending....not that it will be ending any time soon. I guess we'll find out in about 20 years.

By the way, the whole Beherit thing I mentioned is just a theory, but it's gotta be for someone, it's with Guts for a reason, and I'm pretty sure I read here that Miura has stated he wants Guts to retain his humanity...therefore it has to be for someone else who is or will be around him.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Skull Knight said:
when she regains her mind she is probably going to use that Beherit in Guts satchel so she can once again be a sword for Griffith's Army now that he has taken a human form again,

She can't use the beherit cause she is branded the mentioned that in volume 3 if I'm correct! though she could fall under Griffith's charisma but i doubt it! and beside Miura mentioned that berserk will have a happy ending or something similar to that...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
jackson_hurley said:
She can't use the beherit cause she is branded the mentioned that in volume 3 if I'm correct! though she could fall under Griffith's charisma but i doubt it! and beside Miura mentioned that berserk will have a happy ending or something similar to that...

Aaz Walter, excuse me if I'm wrong but I'm using the painkillers excuse here. Casca can't be sacrificed because she already was someone else's sacrifice. EDIT; she can use the beherit to sacrifice someone else, she just can't be sacrificed again. Miura said Berserk won't have a depressing ending, not happy.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Jumping ahead to Elfhelm: I have a prediction that Healing Guts is going to involve a scene of him breaking down and unleashing tears like Waterfalls . . .

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Forest Wraith said:
Jumping ahead to Elfhelm: I have a prediction that Healing Guts is going to involve a scene of him breaking down and unleashing tears like Waterfalls . . .

There will be no emo Guts. Not now and hopefully not ever. :chomp:

Judo

Midlands finest
Emo-Guts.JPG

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
Nothing about Berserk has ever led me to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Well things aren't really desperate currently, are they? Look at the last episode. Sure, the God Hand is stronger than ever, but Guts' situation allows for far more hope now than it did in volume 14, in spite of his wounds.

Skull Knight said:
his girlfriend was raped and has lost her sanity, and when she regains her mind she is probably going to use that Beherit in Guts satchel so she can once again be a sword for Griffifth's Army now that he has taken a human form again, she will want to help Griffifths's dream come true.

I don't know how you can think this is probable at all. First off we don't even know if she could sacrifice someone as a branded woman, and the only person she could possibly sacrifice, Guts, can't be. Second, Casca didn't plan on staying with Griffith before finding him broken in the Tower of Rebirth, and then she was hesitant because she pitied him. And really, she has absolutely no reason to want to help his dream, not after what he did to her and to everyone she knew. Besides she couldn't do it even if she wanted to, because she's branded and she'd bleed to death fairly quickly. Lastly, Griffith has no need for her at all, and his dream as she knew it will likely have come true before she returns to Midland.

Skull Knight said:
She might not remember the Eclipse

She remembers it in her current state so I don't see why she wouldn't remember it once she'll remember everything. And even if she didn't I think the others would tell her anyway.

Skull Knight said:
By the way, the whole Beherit thing I mentioned is just a theory, but it's gotta be for someone, it's with Guts for a reason, and I'm pretty sure I read here that Miura has stated he wants Guts to retain his humanity...therefore it has to be for someone else who is or will be around him.

Why must it be for someone? And why someone of the group? I mean, Guts could just keep it around like he's done so far and then lose it or SK could eat it or use it for some other purpose, who knows? And it could be used by someone else (unrelated) as well. I don't see how you're coming to your conclusion.

jackson_hurley said:
She can't use the beherit cause she is branded the mentioned that in volume 3 if I'm correct!

Like VHB said you aren't correct.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
she can use the beherit to sacrifice someone else, she just can't be sacrificed again.

We don't know if she could use it or not. There's no certainty on the topic.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
There will be no emo Guts. Not now and hopefully not ever. :chomp:

Crying doesn't make somehow "emo", especially not when it's justified. Can this brilliant talk stop now please? :schierke:

Guts might cry some times, but if he didn't, he probably wouldn't be the hero we admire today. He might act cold sometimes, but he does have feelings, if he didn't, if he was self centered and cared about nothing but what he wanted, he would be like Griffith, the guy we want to see Guts chop in half. Its not unheroic to cry, because he does something about it, he might get down sometimes like we all do, but instead of giving into that sadness and hopelessness he keeps fighting, he is the one who stands against the darkness.

Aazealh said:
Crying doesn't make somehow "emo", especially not when it's justified. Can this brilliant talk stop now please? :schierke:

I agree. If Guts does break down and start crying, Azan will go Brando on his ass and say,
_38988825_203godfather.jpg

"You can act like a man!"

iamdani

Hobo
Would it be considered anti-climatic at this point if the trip to cure Casca didn't work?

Now, I ain't saying that it should produce no results, I'm pretty sure there will be something pretty important plot wise at the end of the trip but would the lack of what we are expecting be a disappointment?

We've waited years for a proper development with Casca and I've enjoyed the hints presented along the way regarding her state of mind and memories, and the whole strange moon child thing hasn't gone away either. I'm pretty confident that in place of a return to "normality" for Casca, we'll have some epic page turning developments to keep us all interested.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
iamdani said:
Would it be considered anti-climatic at this point if the trip to cure Casca didn't work?

Now, I ain't saying that it should produce no results, I'm pretty sure there will be something pretty important plot wise at the end of the trip but would the lack of what we are expecting be a disappointment?

We've waited years for a proper development with Casca and I've enjoyed the hints presented along the way regarding her state of mind and memories, and the whole strange moon child thing hasn't gone away either. I'm pretty confident that in place of a return to "normality" for Casca, we'll have some epic page turning developments to keep us all interested.
If it doesn't work, I expect Miura to do in such an elaborate colorful way that we would all be ok with it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
If it doesn't work, I expect Miura to do in such an elaborate colorful way that we would all be ok with it.

Exactly. I'm not getting my hopes up, because I know no matter what happens, Miura will do it well.

Regarding the episode/preview, I think it's possible that nothing monstrous is coming soon. I read the looks of Casca and Guts as Casca being her childlike self, taking in her surroundings, and Guts keeping a watchful eye on her. I think the "In Vain" reading of the title could mean that Guts is wondering if his trip is all in vain. Skull Knight told him that if Casca is cured, she may not want the same thing that Guts does. If a sane Casca chooses not to follow Guts, he could lose her all over again.

I guess I feel that if Casca was sensing some kind of demon, Guts would too and he wouldn't have a sad, concerned look on his face while looking at her. My expectations are more character development instead of totally rad monster fights with giant swords. Not that I'd complain, or anything.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Not restore Caska's sanity? I think that leaving things as is would be a huge missed opportunity for character development. I can't see Miura passing that up.

I would just like to point out that for all the rambling concerning Guts appearance and whatever Casca is looking at, we have seen a large amount of progression by Farnese. I know people have already mentioned this, but it's really remarkable. Consider the fact that Griffith is afraid (or at least worried about) of magic users, the addition of another to Guts' band (although it's certainly going to take her time to develop) is probably more worthwhile than debating how Guts is going to take on the Godhand or whether he is emo...

Anyway, good to see you Griffith.

Casca could see something coming without it be apostle/god hand/ghost related though. It could be a big storm, rogue wave, another ship, or even a sea monster. I don't think any of those would cause their brands to bleed would they?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
It's 6:23am and I need some deep deep loving of Berserk. Time to go hit the usual place! =D Be back in half an hour with the tasty tasty morsel. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
It's 6:23am and I need some deep deep loving of Berserk. Time to go hit the usual place! =D Be back in half an hour with the tasty tasty morsel. :guts:

...i love you

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I have the stuff, chat party! :isidro:

Damnit, I'm always at work when this happens... :puck:

I'll join you guys later tonight when I get home, if you're all still on.

Top Bottom