Episode 287

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
In fact he's more than ever going to need her and the peace she can bring him.

I wonder if he'll get that though... After all, Guts fate/life seems to be mostly about struggling and suffering, and Casca rejecting him or leaving him behind so to speak would be just about typical for the way things seems to be going for Guts at times... :(

cant get it to dl from this wiki site... i have tried a few times over the last 2 days... i press dl file, enter the code and nada... then when i log in the pic for the code doesnt show up... tried ie and mozilla... am i missing something here?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Psymont 2.0 said:
cant get it to dl from this wiki site... i have tried a few times over the last 2 days... i press dl file, enter the code and nada... then when i log in the pic for the code doesnt show up... tried ie and mozilla... am i missing something here?

Scanlations

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Wow, quite an emotionally intense episode. It seems immanent that this will lead to Guts going over his past with everyone.
As for Guts' appearance, it could be worse . . .

sarmexpandspz8.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
One thing is sure,even if Casca regain her mind it's not going to be nice to Guts.

Why is it sure exactly? What do you base yourself on to say that? For all we know, I think it could go relatively well. She already hates him right now anyway, so that can't get much worse.

Baldulf said:
And I always wondered (now that you are talking about Guts forcing Casca) why Casca reminds clearly being raped by the apostles but not being raped by Griffith.

She remembers the Eclipse, and the black sun plus being surrounded by apostles summarizes that perfectly. We haven't seen much of her memories of the event, just glimpses, so there's no way to tell whether or not she remembers the actual rape by Femto. Besides it's apparently what drove her mad so it's not surprising it's buried deeper than the rest. For all we know, getting her back to herself may involve confronting her to that horrendous memory. There's also no way to tell that she wouldn't have remembered the rape had the thugs gone on and raped her, but since they were still "just" surrounding her and unclothing her, she remembered the apostles doing the same.

Well i got this silly idea, but... Who thinks Guts arm will grow back at Elfhelm? :troll:
And i don't know but i think Guts and Casca won't end up together...
Just my 2cents
gotta go

Loc_n_lol

Amazed Mule is amazed...
That would mean giving up the canon and that face-crushing sword-blocking iron arm... I really don't think so...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Well i got this silly idea, but... Who thinks Guts arm will grow back at Elfhelm? :troll:

Did you read the thread? Did you even understand what was said in the episode? Doesn't seem so.

Aazealh said:
Well with his arm it would be pretty difficult anyway, even if he were in good shape...

I wouldn't expect the arm to be noticeable under normal circumstances.

Like I already said, I don't think they're meant to be permanent. His body isn't done healing and the burn scars will take some time to go, but with elf powder at his disposal I have no doubt it'll get better in time (and would without Elfhelm even coming into play).

I hope I'm wrong, although his wounds have that permanent scarring look, perhaps it's just the type of wound.

Hmm I don't know about that. It's basically what they've all been trying to avoid so far, and I can't see Guts just becoming another Skull Knight.

Probably not, but it's something I would want to see by the end. Not necessarily something as extreme as Skully, but something more than human (more than he is).

Why is it sure exactly? What do you base yourself on to say that? For all we know, I think it could go relatively well. She already hates him right now anyway, so that can't get much worse.

Well,it's just my view of the character.

I could be dead wrong certainly,but I simply can't imagine Guts having a "happy happy,joy joy "moment.

About Guts losing his humanity and turning in a new version of the SkullKnight.I found curious that Skully is probably more "human" now(as in gentle or considerate to others) than when he was alive.But this is only my opinion,of course.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
I wouldn't expect the arm to be noticeable under normal circumstances.

He probably wouldn't have drowned, but I'm pretty sure having a dead weight instead of a valid swimming arm would be noticeable in any case.

Sparnage said:
I hope I'm wrong, although his wounds have that permanent scarring look, perhaps it's just the type of wound.

Well they're burn wounds, which I think is why they have that look. Of course they could end up being permanent, but that'd be quite something in terms of looks, a pretty drastic change IMO. Besides, when it happened he was protected from the flames by the armor and the fire didn't last long, plus he's got elves healing him. That makes the idea of permanent scarring on that scale a bit overkill/unnecessary to me. What'd be left for Grunberd to burn? :void:

Baldulf said:
I could be dead wrong certainly,but I simply can't imagine Guts having a "happy happy,joy joy "moment.

Alright, but you know, he's had good moments before, albeit short lived. And after all he's gone through... He's not only physically diminished but also psychological exhausted, I'm not sure he could handle much more before breaking down.

Baldulf said:
I found curious that Skully is probably more "human" now(as in gentle or considerate to others) than when he was alive.But this is only my opinion,of course.

But... We don't know how was SK when he was still human? Even assuming he was Gaiseric and all, Charlotte's tale from volume 10 isn't to be taken as Truth... Especially knowing that SK's a relatively good entity.

I'm not sure he could handle much more before breaking down.

That's the point.

How much can a man take without losing his humanity,without giving up to "the beast"? Wasn't that the real atractive of this manga?

I found really interesting the actual state of Guts.
He had been desperate before,but now we see him in a really poor health.
He can't go wild in a fight,not only because he can lost to the beast and to the armor,but also because he can easily die.
That adds to his problems.A berserk warrior can't think about death,can't worry about his health or injuries.So this is new for the character.

But... We don't know how was SK when he was still human?

Once again it's only my personal vision of the character.
What I love from Miura's work is how he doesn't explains all.He doesn't need to give you a full flashback to develop a character.

I myself can easily imagine the former self of the Skull Knight (and you must admit that the chances that he is Gaiseric are very very high) as a despotic ruler who only founds the value of human life when he lost his own.

But I repeat,this is only my opinion.

Aazealh said:
Did you read the thread? Did you even understand what was said in the episode? Doesn't seem so.
Haven't read the thread. I cant stay too long in front of the computer. I need glasses. :troll:
And have been very very busy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Baldulf said:
I found really interesting the actual state of Guts.
He had been desperate before,but now we see him in a really poor health.
He can't go wild in a fight,not only because he can lost to the beast and to the armor,but also because he can easily die.
That adds to his problems.A berserk warrior can't think about death,can't worry about his health or injuries.So this is new for the character.

No, it was new a while ago (volume 26) but now it isn't anymore, and it's also reached a point where it can't really go much further without starting to repeat itself. Additionally, we're at a state where Guts is losing faith in his goals, losing the hopes that've kept him going, and that doesn't mean he's going to go wild on his enemies (who he's currently leaving behind him). Lastly, having a really poor health means not being able to fight properly without leaving the armor in command. So yeah, I don't think it'd be all that interesting to see as far as your arguments go. He's in need of some well deserved rest, and I'm pretty sure it's what he's going to get.

Baldulf said:
I myself can easily imagine the former self of the Skull Knight (and you must admit that the chances that he is Gaiseric are very very high) as a despotic ruler who only founds the value of human life when he lost his own.

I see then, Ok, but don't forget that for now it's just what you imagine. I for one have trouble imagining a despotic tyrant being good friends with Flora the good-hearted witch.

Smith said:
So after reading the translation, guess that the panel where Guts grip Casca was just a pure illusion...

It's not an illusion, it's just that he couldn't actually grip her wrist since he tried to catch her with his artificial forearm. He could reach out to her and put his hand around her wrist, but obviously he couldn't close it and hold her.

puella

Berserk forever
It seems that Guts will continue to think to himself in the next episode (YA's previews are often off though :puck:). I imagine that all the members will get to clearly know his relationship with Casca. Then Farnese will realise Guts has no room for her and give up her useless feelings toward him. I hope Farnese and Roderick become real lovers (yeah, it's because I like Roderick). I really hope he'll be able to win her love!! :SK:

Then Farnese will realise Guts has no room for her and give up her useless feelings toward him.
I got to thinking that perhaps there could still be a bit of the old fanatic part of her personality left in there. This could potentially lead to problems once the whole Guts & Casca story comes to light. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!! It is of course difficult to tell, but if it plays out that way it could lead to trouble, the beherit comes to mind but I cannot see whom she would sacrifice.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
puella said:
It seems that Guts will continue to think to himself in the next episode (YA's previews are often off though :puck:). I imagine that all the members will get to clearly know his relationship with Casca. Then Farnese will realise Guts has no room for her and give up her useless feelings toward him. I hope Farnese and Roderick become real lovers (yeah, it's because I like Roderick). I really hope he'll be able to win her love!! :SK:
If he is willing to go through a little "pain" with Farnese, it shouldn't be a problem. :carcus:

Well thanks for the episode Saiya (I miss Internet so much :judo:) ...it looks like it is a "character development" episode and I'm sure I will love to read it (carefully)

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
vlad said:
I got to thinking that perhaps there could still be a bit of the old fanatic part of her personality left in there. This could potentially lead to problems once the whole Guts & Casca story comes to light. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!! It is of course difficult to tell, but if it plays out that way it could lead to trouble, the beherit comes to mind but I cannot see whom she would sacrifice.

"Serpico . . . Do you remember when we first met?"

I can't see it getting to that point with all the progress she has made but I won't be surprised if her and the others are tested in a similar manner at some point.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:

Hmm, doesn't seem very likely to me to be honest. She's really gone a long way since those days, I really don't see her reverting back to some kind of artificial, deranged personality based on simple rejection from Guts, especially since she's known from the first time that he had Casca. Basically I don't think it suits her personality.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
Hmm, I really wonder if she has completely forgotten that she rode on Guts and all that. :???:

Probably blushes and feels embarrassed when she thinks about it. But hey, at least she has those memories if nothing else. :void:

Top Bottom