E3 News

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well it was Microsofts night and the big news is as follows.

Resident Evil 5
Gears of War for the PC with 5 new Multi-player chapters.
Halo 3 crap
Marathon 2
Tons of Arcade live games for the 360 (Goldenaxe! =\/ )
Call of Duty 4

Thats all off the top of my head that I can remember.

Tomorrow is Sony and Nintendo's1 wweeeoooouuu

Post here if you have heard of anything else

If they don't have any news on Assassins Creed, Bioshock and above all Crysis then I would be mighty disappointed.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Sparnage said:
If they don't have any news on Assassins Creed, Bioshock and above all Crysis then I would be mighty disappointed.
I know now that you have mentioned it, they did announce Assassins creed. I was just F5'ing like a madman on a few forums that I could access from work.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea they showed some new footage of Assassin's Creed. Still looks great.

Overall there wasn't anything really earth shattering about MS's presentation. Actually I thought the live action halo thing that was done was kinda lame. But I suppose they have a pretty damn good lineup for this fall, so I'm still stoked.

I think the greatest potential for stealing the show could be sony, imo. We'll see.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
Yea they showed some new footage of Assassin's Creed. Still looks great.

Overall there wasn't anything really earth shattering about MS's presentation. Actually I thought the live action halo thing that was done was kinda lame. But I suppose they have a pretty damn good lineup for this fall, so I'm still stoked.

I think the greatest potential for stealing the show could be sony, imo. We'll see.

I really doubt Sony will be stealing anything anytime soon, when they drop their system's price another hundred bucks, maybe I'll look in their direction.

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I know now that you have mentioned it, they did announce Assassins creed. I was just F5'ing like a madman on a few forums that I could access from work.

Good to hear, it sounds very impressive thus far. Bioshock looks to be a really good game too, fans of System shock 2 should be excited about this one; I heard many of the creators of it are working on Bioshock.

One thing that concerns me is that several of these promising games are being made simultaneously for consoles as well as PC, and I'm always skeptical to a game that is. At least it's generally not as bad as it used to be.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
One thing that concerns me is that several of these promising games are being made simultaneously for consoles as well as PC, and I'm always skeptical to a game that is. At least it's generally not as bad as it used to be.

This is mostly done to recoup development costs. It doesn't really speak to their quality.

I'm set on buying a xbox360 for some time now, but the only thing that's been keeping me from doing so was the price (and the fact that I didn't have an income, but whatev...). Now with Halo 3 on the horizon, MS is gonna force my hand, and now I wish they may lower the price just a bit further (which won't happen)...

Bah, oh well. If Walter's right, then I'm gonna be getting a 360 much sooner than I expected.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, it'll be nice to get more Sk.net-ers on Live. :badbone:

I just saw a better version of some of the trailers. Mass-effect and Call of Duty 4 look pretty frickin' incredible.

Killzone 2 just released a trailer, too. It isn't quite as pretty as the fake trailer they released a year or two ago, but it is indeed impressive.

yota821 said:
and now I wish they may lower the price just a bit further (which won't happen)...

Don't be so sure:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/bloomberg-microsoft-planning-360-price-cut/

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Im so glad I waited to buy a 360 now Ill pick up the Halo theme one, looks bad ass, I cant wait for the new MGS 4 trailer

CnC

Ad Oculos
yota821 said:
Boo, at work and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel! :judo: Thanks anyway, CnC.

Well, I suppose it's not much more than the 360 will drop in price in someway sometime in the future, but its a fairly respectable source so give it the weight you deem appropriate

The nintendo conference is going on now, and Miyamoto is demo-ing "Wii Fit", which I must say sounds pretty retarded. But I'm sure someone will like it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
vlad said:
Has anyone seen the new Bioshock vid, and what sort of rating will the game have?

M, I believe

EDIT:

Well it looks like Sony just wrapped up. I don't think they stole the show, just offered some similarly solid titles like MS. Can't wait to see the new MGS trailer.

vlad said:
Has anyone seen the new Bioshock vid, and what sort of rating will the game have?

This one or a newer one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE

Looks creepy, can't wait. I'm sure that particular vid is realtime but hopefully it won't be far off.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sparnage said:
This one or a newer one?

Looks creepy, can't wait. I'm sure that particular vid is realtime but hopefully it won't be far off.

Geez, that guy in is a fucking prick! Kick his ass Big daddy!

Sparnage said:
This one or a newer one?

Gamespot has a couple up this one was cool:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/924919/6173670/bioshock-official-movie-8
Also they have something labeled "Official trailer 3" but I think it's old.
THIS one on youtube looks cool as well.
Rating is going M (as CnC said) , so I think that answers the question whether or not you can kill "Little sisters". They also claim that August release is a go.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
truth.jpg

Truth.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well of the big 3 I'd say Sony disappointed the least.
MS didn't really show anything new. The Reggie Bush thing bit where the annoying salesman presentor switched lingo to "Holla at yo boy"-mode was painful to watch.

Top Bottom