Berserk Abridged

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I watched a few and to be honest I didn't think it got any better... Not very good IMHO.

CnC

Ad Oculos
The midland chapter of the society of creative anachronisms recreating the actual oppression of a young girl got a chuckle out of me. The rest was crap

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
There were a lot of references, I hope everyone at least watches Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura reference. I also liked how the creator pointed out the loss of comic relief in the anime that the manga always included. (Gutts reading Kamasutra, Adon screaming out that Casca was pmsing, etc.) A lot of people don't liked the humor these abridged series use. I usual like them, but it can be really bad. I liked the Goku voice actor reference, and the painfully blatant explanations of Griffith's motives and relationships with all the characters. Still if your not a fan of Naruto or FF8 you probably wouldn't get most of the jokes, and instead you'd be staring at the screen thinking "what does this have to do with the Berserk plot?" I'm going to start keeping track of this personally.

Okin said:
There were a lot of references, I hope everyone at least watches Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura reference.
=
Still if your not a fan of Naruto or FF8 you probably wouldn't get most of the jokes, and instead you'd be staring at the screen thinking "what does this have to do with the Berserk plot?" I'm going to start keeping track of this personally.
Ironically, I still think the "What the hell does this have to do with Berserk?" having experienced both of those works. The Final Fantasy references and Naruto things utterly ruined it. Anything that was remotely humorous were things that -were- regular humor, and not copouts to the creators other (or even preferred?) fandom, sorry.

I like I like. My favorite is probably the latest one (episode 12) with the whole depreciating her story bit. I had never made that connection, and I'd say she got owned. :???:

ZoddTheImmortal

I Seek Only The Strong
Im not a big fan of the abridged series... To me there kinda of a disgrace to Berserk. Some of them are pretty funny but I not really into them.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I watched episode 1, which just sucked. Skipped to episode 6, which was amusing, you can't go wrong with Zodd. 7 was okay despite the references to stuff I've never seen and know nothing about. And yeah, didn't really care to watch much more but 14 has a translation comparison at the start I think we can all appreciate:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/berserk+abridged/video/x2q6t1_berserk-the-abridged-series-episode_fun

neko-sama

I'm so much faster and better strategist than Guts
It's rather sad, really. I've watched them some time ago (caught up with the latest few today), but it's mostly just one long stream of sexual and (especially) homosexual jokes and "innuendos", it's as if the author sees some homosexual connotation or another in everything. I wonder if when he walks a street and sees a tree, he suddenly bursts in laughter and if a passing man asks him what time it is, he screams "lolz ur so gay!!!111 rotlz". Aside from that there were some (scarce) jokes that were funny and some about stuff that I neither know nor care about. In all, mostly passable.

Plus, I can't really take seriously a guy who makes 'tributes' to Evil_Genius... :ganishka:

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
I watched episode 1, which just sucked. Skipped to episode 6, which was amusing, you can't go wrong with Zodd. 7 was okay despite the references to stuff I've never seen and know nothing about. And yeah, didn't really care to watch much more but 14 has a translation comparison at the start I think we can all appreciate:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/berserk+abridged/video/x2q6t1_berserk-the-abridged-series-episode_fun

that was nice. I like it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
that was nice. I like it.
Yeah but like all these clips, the guy ruins his moment of glory by rambling on and on following that segment. These are awful.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Yeah but like all these clips, the guy ruins his moment of glory by rambling on and on following that segment. These are awful.

Yea his voice becomes quite annoying after 2 mins, as well. of the 2 I've seen theres been about 30 seconds of goodness with 5 minutes of eye-rolling.

ZoddTheImmortal

I Seek Only The Strong
neko-sama said:
It's rather sad, really. I've watched them some time ago (caught up with the latest few today), but it's mostly just one long stream of sexual and (especially) homosexual jokes and "innuendos", it's as if the author sees some homosexual connotation or another in everything. I wonder if when he walks a street and sees a tree, he suddenly bursts in laughter and if a passing man asks him what time it is, he screams "lolz ur so gay!!!111 rotlz". Aside from that there were some (scarce) jokes that were funny and some about stuff that I neither know nor care about. In all, mostly passable.

Plus, I can't really take seriously a guy who makes 'tributes' to Evil_Genius... :ganishka:

Lol your so right, every joke is basically a homosexual joke and the guys voice ruins it even more.... especially when he trys to do a womens voice fro casca and such. It's pretty disgraceful :miura:

I personally think it's like a better version of the Berserk Outtakes. Most of the jokes are repetitive and aren't actually about the nature of the show. But in each episode, there are a handful of jokes that are either funny or point out something really screwed up about the show, which makes investing a couple of minutes of sitting down to watch it worth it IMHO.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I will not accept these as worthwhile based their educational value, I'll just take the obvious gay jokes. =)

P

Pencil-smith

Re: Adventures in YouTube

Behold!
BERSERK, The Abridged Series

Maybe you already saw this, it got quite a lot of views. If not, enjoy!
I saw "Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series" some time ago (though thankfully, I never saw any "real" Yu-gi-oh episodes) and it was hilarious. Google it if you want. The Abridged Berserk Series is quite similar and just as funny.

It runs from episode 2 till 15 (I can't find 1, and the series isn't past 15 yet) plus two bonus episodes featuring Zodd and Phil.
Comment special
Deamon TV
If you don't want to watch all of them, episode 5 is my favorite. Carcus sings in it. :carcus:

To the people who liked this show and no one else:

Berserk abridged has come to a sudden close on episode 17. :judo: At least there was a nice punch line towards the end. It is a shame too, I thought this would have been the first series to reach the final episode. I guess that we can always hope he decides to come back some day. I had really wanted to see how he was going to make jokes from the last two episodes.

I know this is kind of sudden, but due to personal reasons that I'd prefer not to get into at the moment, I've decided to stop doing Berserk Abridged. This, such as it is, will be the final episode. It's nothing special, but I did want to wrap things up at least a little bit before I called it quits.

My heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who's helped me along the way, particularly Mel, Lanipator, Safty, Vegeta and Masako, all the fine folks at Evil Genius, and of course LK for starting the whole thing, everyone who entered the Judeau contest, and everyone who's commented, rated, favorited, subscribed, or even just watched my little hobby. You made it all worthwhile.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
Well it's better than the berserk outtakes, but the Berserk outtakes were so horrible they almost made my eyes bleed. They were even worse than the actual dubbing of the show, which was laughable at best.

Gurifisu said:
Well it's better than the berserk outtakes, but the Berserk outtakes were so horrible they almost made my eyes bleed. They were even worse than the actual dubbing of the show, which was laughable at best.

How can you say that? The outtakes were hilarious, Griffith's voice actor being the most amazing of coarse. Berserk had some of the funniest outtakes I've seen. The way the voice actors handle the situations when they screw up or just wanna goof around is quite different then other series. Just watch Rurouni Kenshin outtakes 90% of it wasn't even funny.

As for abridged it had its moments. Got old, quick. It dragged on a little too far with phil.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Peregrine_Falcon said:
Resurrection is not an impossibility... :zodd:
Perhaps, like Wesker, he planned its demise so it could be assumed dead, and thus give it more mobility ... as a secret double-agent Website! :isidro: :isidro: :badbone:

I still thought that was pretty funny. Yeah, not absolutely all of it, but he did make excellent points.

I think, it made me feel good that I also got all the references to movies, t.v., video games, music. Even though it seems he is one of the many who did not like my favorite final fantasy :judo:

It's all good because he makes fun of himself/himself doing this. I enjoy most any humor that includes acknowledgement of your own douchebaggery.

Top Bottom