Berserk manga volumes 1-26 for sale on ebay.

EDIT: DVDs have sold. The manga is still available. All volumes are in excellent condition.
2nd EDIT: They are now on ebay. $25.00 starting bid, with no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290142235233&rd=1&rd=1

A

avidwriter

I assume thats a good price....although used....however I wonder how I would get the rest of the volumes and any new ones. I'm not a collector of Berserk by any means but I would like to have the original for the art and DH for reading. Damn what to do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
I wonder how I would get the rest of the volumes and any new ones.

Wouldn't be hard, lots of shops ship them to the USA, and the original volumes are pretty cheap compared to the American edition anyway. A quick search should get you a bunch of appropriate links.

A

avidwriter

I have 2 options, it comes down to shipping cost really. Had a question about Amazon Japan. I'd have to make an account, and I was wondering if its worth all the trouble. I'm not sure if I'll still get free shipping even if I'm over the limit since its an oversea/international shipment. Anyone can fill me in on this? Thanks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
Had a question about Amazon Japan. I'd have to make an account, and I was wondering if its worth all the trouble. I'm not sure if I'll still get free shipping even if I'm over the limit since its an oversea/international shipment. Anyone can fill me in on this? Thanks.

Yeah you have to make an account, but it's in typical Amazon fashion so it takes 2 minutes. I think there's even an option to do it in English. As for shipping, obviously it's not going to be free. But even then, if you uy in bulk it's worth it. And other than that, lots of shops will ship from USA if you feel like going through them instead (e.g. http://www.sasugabooks.com/).

A

avidwriter

I found them slightly cheaper on http://www.nippon-export.com/ Anyone used them before and can vouch for their validity?

EDIT : Ok maybe I'm in over my head, heh, they want $125 to ship volumes 1-31. Thats about $100 too much for me. Amazon Japan well, its about $4 per but I can't get to the shipping it seems without giong all the way through to the last checkout page...I assume though it'll be roughly the same as Nippon. Let me ask any of you that have both. Is the artwork really any different? Is DH that much lighter and far less detailed then many make it out to be?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You can find all the information you want, including people vouching for Nippon-Export.com, with a simple search on the forum. Concerning amazon.co.jp's prices:

Aazealh said:
Also, for $217 you can get all 31 Japanese volumes from amazon.co.jp, shipping included (which unfortunately counts for almost half the cost, because it's overseas). That's a very good deal all things considered, $7 a volume.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
avidwriter said:
Let me ask any of you that have both. Is the artwork really any different? Is DH that much lighter and far less detailed then many make it out to be?

Hiya. I can help you out there. The DH reproduction and the originals aren't too horribly different. If you're an artist or *really* attentive to detail, you'll notice it, but if you just like the comics it simply won't bother you. What you tend to get is just general information loss from reproduction, the tiniest details get lost. So, like, a really fine pattern in the original art might lose the smallest of its white spaces (if the printing is the same or darker) or the finest of its black lines (if the printing is the same or lighter). I usually only notice it in stuff like background greyscales. If you're just curious to see the difference in person, I'd recommend getting one of the volumes that DH FX:ANNOYING YOU boxed all over, like v. 13. (They seem to have mostly cut that out now, whew.) Off ebay or something, from someone who will send by media mail, so you're not overseas shipping it to heck.

As far as wanting better quality art, the only thing that's really way better is the magazine format as it's serialised. I've been getting it for like two years, actually I'm about to put up a whole bunch of old issues on Ebay so some more US fans can see them without having to figure out how to get them from Japan. THEY ARE SO HUGE AND PRETTY. :guts: But expensive. :judo:

Top Bottom