Author Topic: Another question...  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Kuroi-san

• Of the Nexus
  • Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Another question...
« on: August 21, 2002, 07:22:44 AM »
This time its about the Eclipse. Well, it involves the Eclipse.

Shouldn't Femto only be born after the Sacrifices are all dead? Because Guts and Casca are still alive, doesn't that mean that the Ceremony is incomplete and that, therefore, Femto shouldn't be born until they are dead?

Just wondering.

*prepares to be Hagued*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by 1031209200 »
You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe. What's it gonna be?

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Another question...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 08:47:47 AM »
This time its about the Eclipse. Well, it involves the Eclipse.

Shouldn't Femto only be born after the Sacrifices are all dead? Because Guts and Casca are still alive, doesn't that mean that the Ceremony is incomplete and that, therefore, Femto shouldn't be born until they are dead?

Just wondering.

*prepares to be Hagued*

Listen carefully to what Slann says:

(translated from volume 13, ch 03 by Ranemaka, on arcticnightfall.com/ranemaka13 )
"
That child tries so hard...
However, it's cynical that the harder that child tries
the more his anguish goes on and on,
becoming the Bread for that new existence of darkness.
"

Remember that the God Hand thrive and swell in areas of great evil (skully, volume 18) So it would be safe to say that it's not necessarily their deaths, but the fear and "anguish" that are food for the newborn God Hand.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Kuroi-san

• Of the Nexus
  • Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 10:48:00 AM »
Aah. I see.
Cheers for clearing that up. I got a little confused.
*has been Waltered*
You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe. What's it gonna be?

Offline The13thScroll

• Of the Interstice
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 10:16:00 AM »
If guts and Casca are eventually killed, would it make God Hand or Griffith any stronger?.  They have the brand so they've already been sacrificed I know, but don't they actually need to be killed to trully help the sacrifice? Would Femto have been stronger if more Hawks were sacrficed, or is the  sacrifice not a culmative deal? Just some crazy thoughts, I'll be damned I think crazy thoughts are the only thoughts I have :D.
Rain... Stop
Pain... Gone
Sun... Shine
You're... Mine
-The Dillinger Escape Plan

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 11:31:16 AM »
Would Femto have been stronger if more Hawks were sacrficed

well, remember that Femto was already surprising powerful just after his birth, even to the other God Hand members, especially Ubik.
so, i doubt it wouldve increased his power too much more, since it doesnt appear their power relies on the death of their sacrifice.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Spike

• Of the World
  • "AAghh! Get off of me you crazy bitch!" - Bruce C.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2002, 11:36:42 PM »
(translated from volume 13, ch 03 by Ranemaka, on arcticnightfall.com/ranemaka13 )

"That child tries so hard...
However, it's cynical that the harder that child tries
the more his anguish goes on and on,
becoming the Bread for that new existence of darkness. "

So, does this mean that because Griffith's sacrifices are still alive and suffering--he keeps becoming stronger?
 *counterpoint :P*
 A refution could be made that Griffith isn't apart of the Godhand anymore...ergo, his sacrifices and ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER would be annulled.  But if this were true, then wouldn't Guts and Casca's respective brands have dissappeared--seeing how they are no longer considered sacrifices to a God Hand?  

Offline yota821

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2002, 01:53:24 PM »
They aren't just sacrifices to Godhand, they're a sacrifice to every evil entity in the world, and are subject to their attacks.  
I'm just a poor, wayfaring stranger.......just moving along to the next habitation of demons.....