1st volume in France this month ??

:)
I saw on http://www.dybex.com in the news that they were expecting to release the 1st berserk volume at the end of this month in France.
But as I'm not an expert in Manga's world in general and specificly with the various editors, distributors,etc...
I still have many questions about DV and its future release:

- Will the books be the "half-versions" found in Italy?

- At wich rate will they be released (in the case of success for their first release) ?

- What can we expect about the translation quality ??

Thanks in advance ;)

- What can we expect about the translation quality ??
Now, that's the question. I was supposed to translate the series, but it looks like they changed their mind (I saw that the first volume was due for May exactly like you did... I love those guys).
So... Somehow, I have my doubts about the translation quality...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I wanted to.
And I can't say I'm really fond of the other French translations released by Dynamic, so yeah, I have my doubts.
Are the Cobra translations of a bad facture, anyhow ?
I haven't read it, so I cannot figure out, but maybe you have.
Anyway, are they going to let it be read in the original direction or not ? I'm quiet tired when a guy says he's going to fight with only his right arm whereas he's showing the left one : the credibility is elsewhere...

M

Marcus

Olivier should have done the translations!!  >:( Poor French guys  :p Great avatar Kerebos

???
Well even if I ignore who really decides about the traductors and how they do it, I guess they choose not to take any risk and keep their "official persons" as the good old way. (btw how many persons work on a manga translation in general??)

But anyway if the translations are really poor maybe would it be possible to mention it to Dynamic Visions so that they think twice (but not too long ^^) before releasing the next volumes ? I know the impact may not be huge... but sometimes it only needs to get to the good person once. I really want it to be the best for the fans for a global immersion !!

What about the release rate? May I have to come back on this forum in 4 years to see your current comments on volume 22 :(

i've looked for a picture just for this forum and find an italian site about "great" monsters from ancient times
http://www.stdb.ro/~vasile/chirnoag.htm .
Great quality indeed ^^

M

Marcus

Hopefully with the help of Walter, Cnc, Olivier, and the other great translators here, we will have most of the manga translated for your reading satisfaction :) That way you can buy the original japanese versions and just download the translations ;)

puella

Berserk forever
Hopefully with the help of Walter, Cnc, Olivier, and the other great translators here, we will have most of the manga translated for your reading satisfaction :) That way you can buy the original japanese versions and just download the translations ;)
good idea. but as far as I know, CnC is not a translator, ranemaka13 and Cronus. ::)

In fact the release rate will help me in the decision to buy wether the original or the translated manga.
Is 2 books per month too optimistic ?
I know i won't be able to wait 2-3 years to reach vols 20'
so maybe i'll just go for the original as you just said :)

Shino

I'm waiting so long...
Last time I checked, French and German were two different languages...
Yeah, now that you're mentioning it...
So it was just an usual news, i thought you wanted the french volumes to make your translation work faster or something like that... -_-'

Lliugusamui

around the corner
anyway, does anyone ( rather meaning Olivier, you know his 'science' ... ) know more about it ?
or are they hiding what they'll do, and who'll make the translations ?

D

Drachenfels

I hope for you frenchies that you get a better translation then the german one.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I hope for you frenchies that you get a better translation then the german one.

yeah, the german one sucks, doesn't it?

"who do you think you are" is translated to
"Laß mich runter du Kürbiskopf".

die Antwort:
"Ich bin Pipin"

:p :-X :-/

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I had never seen Pippin as a pumpkin ... :p
Anyway, germans have the sense of semantic in them !
Makes me remember a german who was called 'Hundeficker' due to ... his dog ! ;D

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I had never seen Pippin as a pumpkin ... :p
yeah, that's pretty strange, isn't. it is something the translators interpreted, 'though miura wouldn't make guts say that...

Anyway, germans have the sense of semantic in them !
Makes me remember a german who was called 'Hundeficker' due to ... his dog ! ;D
really? who are you talking about?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
really? who are you talking about?  
It is not well-come to divulgate such information don't you think so ? Anyway, he's maybe from about Neukirchen in Hessen  ;)
By the way, i salute you, Denis ! ;D

Shino

I'm waiting so long...
Right now the translation isn't that bad as it has been.
Btw from wich language does the translator ...well... translate?

Top Bottom