If Guts uses his beherit

mpd_psycho

b e L I E v e
if the branded Guts can uses beherit, maybe he will actually use the beherit in the final confrontation with griffith to give him extra power to match Griffith&his army?....who do you think will be the sacrifice? (exclude Casca, coz she is already branded)

what do you think?

(sorry if this kind of thread has existed before, and sorry for my english)

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
i don t think that guts is going to sacrifice anyone or even think about to use the behelit in first place!

well...äh i hope he won t! :-/

puella

Berserk forever
Not Guts won't sacrifice anyone but he can'tbecause he's already sacrificed.
I think,however, he'll use beherit in the end, not to sacrifice.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
in order to kill them
i don't think he will sacrifice anyone either ...

i'm not sure. there's only one goal in guts life: revenge. the price is of no matter. remember for example what guts told jill what he was going to do if she crossed his path once more.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
i'm not sure. there's only one goal in guts life: revenge. the price is of no matter. remember for example what guts told jill what he was going to do if she crossed his path once more.
i don t wanna think about that cauz it is just too tough...
...imagine guts to sacrifice for example caska too reach his dream of "bloody revenge".
-->yet if guts does the offering he d be not any better than griffith...
so finally i think that he would more likely run"berserk" and sacrifice himself in the fight against god hand than acting in anyway like griffith did!
...i hope!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
i don t wanna think about that cauz it is just too tough...
...imagine guts to sacrifice for example caska too reach his dream of "bloody revenge".
-->yet if guts does the offering he d be not any better than griffith...
so finally i think that he would more likely run"berserk" and sacrifice himself in the fight against god hand  than acting in anyway like griffith did!
...i hope!

I don't think he would sacrifice Caska (and I'm not too sure about anyone else either). It would kind of defeat the purpose if he gets revenge for Caska and the Hawks, only to lose Caska anyway. Besides, I don't think the same person can be sacrificed twice.

Guts seems to really dislike the idea of anyone being sacrificed, but he is hell bent on revenge, so it's hard to really tell what would happen.

D

Drachenfels

He won't sacrifice anyone. I think it's more important to him to live a happy life with Kaska then to have his revenge on Griffith.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
He can either sacrifice Puck, even tough I doubt the outcome, or he could do someting mega evil, and sacrifice Griffith!!! :eek:

I mean, it's almost legal by berserk standards...

But he certainly is capable of taking such harsh steps in order to acquire the thing he yearns for...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That was Guts before 2 major changes occured:
1) His experience in the cave in volume 17
2) Griffith being reborn, and 'complicating' things for Guts (as evidenced in ch 179, Guts doesnt know how he feels)

i recall the topic of the Beherit not actually belonging to Guts, but instead to Puck (or the possibility of). if it is Puck's "Becchi" and not Guts', would it still react to his blood the same? The Beherits recognize their owners, and Im assuming their owners' blood as well. so if Guts bleeds on it or....whatever....to call the God Hand, do you think itd work? or would Puck be required to open the gates?
also, is their anything that says a Branded-One cant open the gates?

(im a little behind on things in Berserk, so if i missed something, SUE ME)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
i don't have it.
Dude thats one of the most critical volumes... Anyway, Guts realizes that he abandoned Casca, the most important thing to him, and was escaping his feeling of helplessness by chasing his revenge. After the event in the cave (where we see the Beast of Darkness, for the first time, huge and dragon-esque), Guts is determined not bent on revenge, but to find and secure Casca.

Or you could just check the story section of the FAQ, at the very bottom of volume 17's entry.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
(where we see the Beast of Darkness, for the first time, huge and dragon-esque

Isn't it the second time? I thought you see it for the first time in volume 16, when Guts is in the woods, about to pass out.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Well, i think you are partly right because they would have not haunted him that way if his beast wasn't getting more and more present. Beast doesn't appear suddenly in vol 17 but devolops itself since end of the eclipse and dark will of Guts of revenge over Griffith

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
That was Guts before 2 major changes occured:
1) His experience in the cave in volume 17
2) Griffith being reborn, and 'complicating' things for Guts (as evidenced in ch 179, Guts doesnt know how he feels)
well, i didn't read it yet... it's not being translated till now.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Er... He asked Flora how to use the Beherit to summon the God Hands, you know? ^^

Did Flora actually tell Gutts how its done? Did she explain the 'sacrifice the thing you love most' part of it??

Did Flora actually tell Gutts how its done? Did she explain the 'sacrifice the thing you love most' part of it??
No (and I'd think Guts already knows about that ^_^;), but that's not how you use the Beherit. That's what you do _after_ the apparition of the God Hands.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
No (and I'd think Guts already knows about that ^_^;), but that's not how you use the Beherit. That's what you do _after_ the apparition of the God Hands.

And even when the GodHand appear, one can still choose to refuse immortality and not sacrifice anyone or anything.

But at the price of one's own soul??

Top Bottom