If Guts uses his beherit

Especially since Slan looks at him when she says that maybe it was actually one among several foreseen possibilities.
And Void remains silent.

So Void may have allready know that the skullknight was going to interfere and Guts and Caska were going to escape, could this be part of the plan that idea has, could Guts' journey be part of it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
So Void may have allready know that the skullknight was going to interfere and Guts and Caska were going to escape, could this be part of the plan that idea has, could Guts' journey be part of it.
Ah yes, the “Guts Trigger Theory” as I call it.  Where Guts and Griffith are equal and complimentary pieces on the casualty chessboard. Griffith’s function is to be totally ambitious; to see what one man can accomplish. Guts function is to counteract this ambition and temper Griffith’s power. Griffith is the positive, Guts the negative; by opposing the each other, they power Idea’s plan (I love cheesy metaphors and puns =).

-Griffith

P.S. Notice I didn't mention anything relating to triggers? Figure that part out yourself. :)

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Good, I think a connection exists between the behelit and the beast of the darkness, it can be that the beast wants Gatts to use the behelit for you free her and possibly to possess him. I believe that the key is still Caska. ???

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Ah yes, the “Guts Trigger Theory” as I call it.  Where Guts and Griffith are equal and complimentary pieces on the casualty chessboard. Griffith’s function is to be totally ambitious; to see what one man can accomplish. Guts function is to counteract this ambition and temper Griffith’s power. Griffith is the positive, Guts the negative; by opposing the each other, they power Idea’s plan (I love cheesy metaphors and puns =).

-Griffith
what is than the result out of this!?
i mean where does this vehicle want to go to?
what if one of the essential poles the positive or the negative gets lost?
does it still move or work!?
is one of them or are they both exchangeable?
whats the final aim!?
what if griffith or guts commit suicide?
is that possible?
would it be that easy?!
...give me a break! :p

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Notice I didn't mention anything relating to triggers? Figure that part out yourself.

I think its because the title sounded cool, yet had nothing to do with the theory. Am I correct? Do I get a prize?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

-Griffith

P.S. Notice I didn't mention anything relating to triggers? Figure that part out yourself. :)

so you say guts was primordially part of idea's plan? interesting.
You say Griffith is totally ambitious. but ambition itself wasn't enough for a man (griffith) to reach his goal, his dream, the castle, or however you call it.
one also needs to be an absolute genius and one needs to act regardless of any loss in order to fulfill his dream. griffith is the only person who comes up to his mark.
what did i want to say? i don't know...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
so you say guts was primordially part of idea's plan? interesting.
You say Griffith is totally ambitious. but ambition itself wasn't enough for a man (griffith) to reach his goal, his dream, the castle, or however you call it.
one also needs to be an absolute genius and one needs to act regardless of any loss in order to fulfill his dream. griffith is the only person who comes up to his mark.
what did i want to say? i don't know...
go on!

Ryan

Whale-man, we hardly knew you.
I don't know if this has been suggested, but I have a theory. I think that Guts is going to use his Beherit, but in a different manner. Since it seems to be more in a different realm, I think he's going to stuff that bad boy in his cannon and blow the shit out of a god hand with it. Just my theory..

Ryan

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
I thought behelits only had one owner and the steel one belongs to the count doesn't it?
Also he would have asked flora how to use it to summon god hand and attack them yeh?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I thought behelits only had one owner and the steel one belongs to the count doesn't it?
Also he would have asked flora how to use it to summon god hand and attack them yeh?
Er.. steel one?

He did ask flora how to use it (chapter 202).

Gael

you know the greeny metaly one he got from the count. and i know he asked her, that was the point of my post!

Gael

wait, no it wasn't i really meant to ask a behelit can be used by more than one person

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In the Dreamcast game, Niko and Balzac used the same Beherit.
:eek: Olivier PLAYED the dreamcast game?! Wow, I had no idea.

I never thought about the double-usage in the game. Maybe that scenario was in there just so we would realize it? But then, I always assumed that it was possible. Otherwise why would there be so many allusions as to whether or not Guts will use it? (Vol 16)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
puella said:
yup, yup, yup. Skully says at the end of ch. 203 " Guts may still be one of the variables guided by the laws of causality"
Can this mean causality may have some exceptions?
If so, I don't think Causality is flawless.
Causality to live up its name should be composed only by exceptions. In fact whatever there is some sort of rule there is order. Despite their claim to contrary also Godhand since there are leaders and followers are a structure of order. You should not mistake order with good and caos or casuality with evil.And in fact if Griffith aspire to became King...more order than that I don't know were you can find it.

I agree with what puella said on the first page, as a "branded one" Guts may not be able to use the behelit.
But it also wouldn't be in keeping with the style of the manga. If gut's became an apostle he'd be becoming everything he hates. He might have done that once, but his character has progressed and developed a lot since then and I don't believe that he would do it anymore.

As for behelits being reusable, they have to be really, otherwise there would be very few apostles about.
Also, it brings up the interesting notion that there could be more than two 'levels' of behelit. Not just the 'standard' and 'God Hand' behelits, but ones of varying power. They might even transform their users following certain patters, thus you get the mounted lancers that Griffith has, and the giant knights and so on. It also explains why apostles like Zodd are so much stronger than the nameless horde that follow them into battle.

Of course even if behelits aren't reusable they might still have varying power.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, hi Ralwatt. Nice revival there. :void:

Ralwatt said:
If Guts became an apostle he'd be becoming everything he hates. He might have done that once, but his character has progressed and developed a lot since then and I don't believe that he would do it anymore.

I don't think he'd have done it at any point in his life honestly. Doesn't seem like him to me.

Ralwatt said:
As for Beherits being reusable, they have to be really, otherwise there would be very few apostles about.

The Count used his twice, so no need to wonder about it. =)

Ralwatt said:
Also, it brings up the interesting notion that there could be more than two 'levels' of Beherit. Not just the 'standard' and 'God Hand' Beherits, but ones of varying power. They might even transform their users following certain patters, thus you get the mounted lancers that Griffith has, and the giant knights and so on. It also explains why apostles like Zodd are so much stronger than the nameless horde that follow them into battle.

I don't see how it brings up that notion. Seems unrelated to me. Furthermore, that idea of beherits having varying power is unheard of in the manga, and disregards the actual process of becoming an apostle. Beherits are only gateways to the God Hand, they are not what gives an apostle his or her power. That is something that happens during the ceremony in which the sacrifice happens. In the same way, it has been brought up before by myself and others that apostles are individuals and not a mass of similar drones, much like humans. Thus, there are remarkable and unremarkable ones among them, just like there are remarkable and unremarkable humans. From then on it isn't hard to imagine that people who were exceptional as humans became exceptional apostles, and so on. There is no doubt, for example, that Guts would make a dreadful apostle.

Lastly, concerning their "orientations" (flying, regenerating, small, big, agile, mounted, cuirassed, etc.) and more generally their themes, it is commonly thought that it stems from their personality and inner self as well as from what they wish during the ceremony.

Aazealh said:
I don't think he'd have done it at any point in his life honestly. Doesn't seem like him to me.

I agree it's unlikely that he would ever have used it, but as I understand it the behelit only activates when the user reaches a point of absolute desperation, which Guts never really reached while carrying it. It's not really like him, but people sometimes do things that aren't like them at such times.

Aazealh said:
The Count used his twice, so no need to wonder about it. =)

Ah, thank you, I'd forgotten that since it's been so long since I read the pre-flashback volumes.

Aazealh said:
I don't see how it brings up that notion. Seems unrelated to me.

Well, what I mean there is that it lead me on to that thought.

Aazealh said:
Furthermore, that idea of beherits having varying power is unheard of in the manga, and disregards the actual process of becoming an apostle. Beherits are only gateways to the God Hand, they are not what gives an apostle his or her power. That is something that happens during the ceremony in which the sacrifice happens.

I'm not suggesting they contain the power, just that they could influence hot much power that apostle gains when they undergo the ceremony.
I don't believe it's likely but I think it's possible.

Aazealh said:
In the same way, it has been brought up before by myself and others that apostles are individuals and not a mass of similar drones, much like humans. Thus, there are remarkable and unremarkable ones among them, just like there are remarkable and unremarkable humans. From them on it isn't hard to imagine that people who were exceptional as humans became exceptional apostles, and so on. There is no doubt, for example, that Guts would make a dreadful apostle.

I certainly agree with you, that the person who becomes an apostle is the most likely source that makes some so strong yet others weak. What parameters contribute is an interesting question, since the fairy apostle was a powerless little girl, strong only in her emotions, but she became a very powerful apostle.
What I'm suggesting is just the possibility that the behelit involved could also play a part.

Aazealh said:
Lastly, concerning their "orientations" (flying, regenerating, small, big, agile, mounted, cuirassed, etc.) and more generally their themes, it is commonly thought that it stems from their personality and inner self as well as from what they wish during the ceremony.

Again, that's another possible interpretation and one I agree with. I'm really just proposing a possible alternative.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ralwatt said:
I agree it's unlikely that he would ever have used it, but as I understand it the Beherit only activates when the user reaches a point of absolute desperation, which Guts never really reached while carrying it. It's not really like him, but people sometimes do things that aren't like them at such times.

Well yeah, but my point was that he's always despised apostles since the Occultation and even through despair probably wouldn't yield to a bargain like the one the GH would propose. Not to mention that his iron will is also why he's never reached such a point, despite being in direr situations than most. :guts:

Ralwatt said:
I'm not suggesting they contain the power, just that they could influence hot much power that apostle gains when they undergo the ceremony.
I don't believe it's likely but I think it's possible.

Ok. I don't think it's the case though, since so far we've never been told anything of the sort. The way beherits are created also seem to imply that they're all the same, coming together from the Abyss as identical droplets. The only unknown being the crimson beherit of course.

Ralwatt said:
What parameters contribute is an interesting question, since the fairy apostle was a powerless little girl, strong only in her emotions, but she became a very powerful apostle.

Hehe that is true. I believe that the spiritual aspect is predominant, as the corporeal body itself is only altered as a consequence and reverts to normal upon death.

Ralwatt said:
Again, that's another possible interpretation and one I agree with. I'm really just proposing a possible alternative.

Ok, that's cool. :serpico:

Aazealh said:
Well yeah, but my point was that he's always despised apostles since the Occultation and even through despair probably wouldn't yield to a bargain like the one the GH would propose. Not to mention that his iron will is also why he's never reached such a point, despite being in direr situations than most. :guts:

Indeed, that was what I was thinking when I said he'd be becoming everything he hates. And like you say, his will is very strong which also makes it unlikely. The key point for me is that early on he was basically living for revenge, unlike now. I think that back then it might have happened if things had gone far enough. When people are desperate they can be very unpredictable and often do things that they would never do otherwise. But I think it's very unlikely that even then Guts would have yielded to them.

Aazealh said:
Ok. I don't think it's the case though, since so far we've never been told anything of the sort. The way beherits are created also seem to imply that they're all the same, coming together from the Abyss as identical droplets. The only unknown being the crimson beherit of course.

It's really the existence of the crimson Beherits that made me think of the idea, since we know that they are more powerful, or at least different somehow.
But you're certainly right that so far there's never been any suggestion that there are more than two types. I agree with you that it's very unlikely, it's just an interesting possibility that would help justify the great differences between apostles.

Aazealh said:
Hehe that is true. I believe that the spiritual aspect is predominant, as the corporeal body itself is only altered as a consequence and reverts to normal upon death.

Yeah, I agree that the person's mind is the most likely source of the variation, but that itself appears to be a little problematic as some apostles don't actually seem to entirely match their forms or characters. Zodd doesn't seem to have a strong will or any especially powerful emotions that drive him. He reminds me a lot of Guts as he was with the Band of the Hawk - strongminded but without any particular goal or desires. Of course it may be that simply having a 'strong' mind was what gave Zodd his power. Another possibility is that his lust for battle lies behind his power.

Aazealh said:
Ok, that's cool. :serpico:

It would be interesting if any of this turned out to be correct but I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom