Possible origin of the episode title "Twilight of the Right Eye"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice idea, it's just too bad that episode came out 10 years before the book you're referring to. But hey, maybe Ban'ya Natsuishi reads Berserk, who knows. :SK:

Dirty Dog

Twilight is commonly used to signify an end, a death, or a decline.
It seems to me like Miura simply found the title fitting, and if something did actually inspire him to choose that title it'll probably be an obscure work so old you'll never figure out what it is without him saying something about it.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
While we're on the subject. Miura seems really fond of using the phrase "Come Flying." So I googled it, surprisingly, I found something.

From Wikipedia:
The image of geese flying in unison – Gankou keitai in Japanese – has been used in both Chinese and Japanese classical literature as a symbol of heroism and collective action within a nation-state.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
While we're on the subject. Miura seems really fond of using the phrase "Come Flying." So I googled it, surprisingly, I found something.

Something unrelated and therefore useless, I'm afraid. It appears quite clearly if you take the time to fully read the article you quoted. Besides, three Berserk episodes are titled "Come Flying", and for all of them it is written "飛来" (Hirai). They're not about geese. It should also be noted that for episode 068, the title is actually "飛来者..." and refers to a single person (Zodd).

Top Bottom