Episode 288

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN...

ELFHELL2.gif

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I Love you guys . . .

Edit: I just thought of something.

Griffith No More! said:
Well, out of context, he does look like a horrible drooling monster in that panel. Mid-transformation!? =)

I think you're on to something . . . Notice the resemblance between this and Ganishka's transformation to his Fog-Form? Except it's water coming out of his mouth instead . . . The Pirate Captain isn't just an Apostle! He's a Wizard with the ability to create an Astral Body from Water! Look out Roderick!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN...
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/ELFHELL.gif

Seriously awesome. Perhaps you should do a Piranesi prison picture but with photoshopped Pucks placed periodically (p's, baby)

Funny stuff Griff... The Horrorrrrr :puck:

Walter said:
Most def an apostle

Actually the more I look at Pirate Captian's face the more he reminds me of a malnourished version of Ganishka especially with these water droplets dripping down his face. Kinda like Ganishka from a few episodes ago when he is trying to transfrom against Griff.

BTW was there a consensus as to how his character will be referred. Pirate Captain (?!!). I dont' remember the name being ever revealed

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
BTW was there a consensus as to how his character will be referred. Pirate Captain (?!!). I dont' remember the name being ever revealed

His name wasn't revealed and probably never will be, but he seems to want his men to call him "boss", so I'll go with "Pirate Boss" myself.

Forest Wraith

Forest Wraith said:
I Love you guys . . .

Edit: I just thought of something.

I think you're on to something . . . Notice the resemblance between this and Ganishka's transformation to his Fog-Form? Except it's water coming out of his mouth instead . . . The Pirate Captain isn't just an Apostle! He's a Wizard with the ability to create an Astral Body from Water! Look out Roderick!

MaN said:
Actually the more I look at Pirate Captian's face the more he reminds me of a malnourished version of Ganishka especially with these water droplets dripping down his face. Kinda like Ganishka from a few episodes ago when he is trying to transfrom against Griff.

I NEED FACE-PALM!

I have to admit I did wonder if the captain was some kind of monster after biting the hand. But if he was, he would've been more of a problem in Ep 248.

BTW cheers Aaz, hugs and kisses from me to you. ;)

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
Awesome episode, it's amazing how Farnese has grown since the start, she took not being Guts number 1 really well and is only mad because Casca can't seem to notice what Guts is doing for her (but she has gone through serious trauma so its not really her fault). Schierke is the one I'm dissapointed in, I didn't think she'd feel this serious about Guts. Her thinking of a moment they had together and holding onto it saying no one else has had that moment but me.. worries me about her possible stability later on when and if Casca ever recovers from her mental state. Roderick, HAHA I knew we'd get to see some more of him, I thought he was an awesome new addition to the group and he seemed like a very hospitable captain the way he acted with Guts and company. Now hes telling them to relax while he takes on 3 ships (which must be very difficult to think up strategies quickly and effectively). I'm just glad we got to see his character flesh out a little bit more. About the whole pirates discussion, as much as it was predictable and that the pirates are very stereotypical I find it interesting nonetheless. I was surprised to see that old geezer though I must admit. Impatient for the next episode, but I've been reading it like this since 2002 so I'm getting used to it now :guts:

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Guts[LCF] said:
Awesome episode, it's amazing how Farnese has grown since the start, she took not being Guts number 1 really well and is only mad because Casca can't seem to notice what Guts is doing for her (but she has gone through serious trauma so its not really her fault). Schierke is the one I'm dissapointed in, I didn't think she'd feel this serious about Guts. Her thinking of a moment they had together and holding onto it saying no one else has had that moment but me.. worries me about her possible stability later on when and if Casca ever recovers from her mental state.

I also like the human drama being develop here in this episode. Personally I would like to see Guts maybe considering Farnese as a potiential love interest even though its not going to happen. It is certainly amazing how much she changed in the story. As for Casca if she ever does recover from her mental state, I predict she might still reject Guts.

Griffith

xbigvmanx said:
I also like the human drama being develop here in this episode. Personally I would like to see Guts maybe considering Farnese as a potiential love interest even though its not going to happen.

Guts fucking the babysitter!? How scandalous. :carcus:

It is interesting to think about, because confused about her feelings as Farnese is, she is certainly attracted to Guts (in one way or another). Too bad for her there's been absolutely no reciprocation except maybe an acknowledgement of her good looks early on. Though perhaps her personality change and usefulness would make her more attractive to him in the right circumstance; as we've seen before, a man has needs, "I I it wasn't my fault... I uh, had to let 'the Beast' out!" And he'd alienate well... just about everybody, except maybe Isidro.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of brief awkward moment between them, but yeah, I doubt it's going to go there. Guts is almost always a decoy in all these situations; the interactions are between the other characters about their feelings concerning him, but never with him. So it'll probably be more scenarios like what we saw between Farnese and Casca in the last issue, and even Schierke. Like, what if Schierke is incapacitated and Farnese tries to help Guts control the Beast? Their special thing will be usurped by that tramp! Plus, she might not be such a resistant and calming influence in that scenario, she'd probably get swept up in those flames without Schierke's experience.

Anyway, fun food for thought. =)

Nice episode. First post on this boards. Been collecting the Dark Horse releases to get my monthly Berserk fix.

Good to see Guts have a bit of R & R, he deserves it, the guy's a machine. :guts:

Forest Wraith

Griffith No More! said:

It is interesting to think about, because confused about her feelings as Farnese is, she is certainly attracted to Guts (in one way or another). Too bad for her there's been absolutely no reciprocation except maybe an acknowledgement of her good looks early on. Though perhaps her personality change and usefulness would make her more attractive to him in the right circumstance; as we've seen before, a man has needs, "I I it wasn't my fault... I uh, had to let 'the Beast' out!" And he'd alienate well... just about everybody, except maybe Isidro.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of brief awkward moment between them, but yeah, I doubt it's going to go there. Guts is almost always a decoy in all these situations; the interactions are between the other characters about their feelings concerning him, but never with him. So it'll probably be more scenarios like what we saw between Farnese and Casca in the last issue, and even Schierke. Like, what if Schierke is incapacitated and Farnese tries to help Guts control the Beast? Their special thing will be usurped by that tramp! Plus, she might not be such a resistant and calming influence in that scenario, she'd probably get swept up in those flames without Schierke's experience.

Hmm . . . It is interesting that Farnese and Serpico are "The Weakest Links" (With all due respect) in Gut's party, while Schierke and Isidro have the most stable relationship with him currently. It seems like Miura is trying to balance that though. By introducing Roderick and Azan to act as a stabilizing influence on Farnese and Serpico. While the two of them sort out feelings that might jeopardize the group.
What about Evarella though? She's a real wild-card, she obviously has a thing for Guts that she's been projecting through Schierke . . .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
Hmm . . . It is interesting that Farnese and Serpico are "The Weakest Links" (With all due respect) in Guts party, while Schierke and Isidro have the most stable relationship with him currently.
Pretty sure the ending of Guts and Serpico's duel tied him inextricably to the group.

What about Evarella though? She's a real wild-card, she obviously has a thing for Guts that she's been projecting through Schierke
Huh? She's just channeling Schierke's feelings. Elves pick up on those things.

Griffith No More! said:

This might sound dodge, but I reckon the potentially best woman out of them is Schierke. Talented, good natured, smart, carries the least amount of baggage out of the 3 women (the other 2 sure as shit carry a bit) and potentially the most interesting. In addition she now has more of a insight to Guts since they "merged".
Obviously she's a bit young now of course, but there's probably what, 8 or 9 years between her and Guts? If a time jump were to occur (and it very possibly would before the end) I say Guts should perhaps consider her.

I want to see Caska become sane again, but perhaps it's mostly for Guts sake that I want that. The situation in the story, now in recent episodes more than ever with the anticipation of Elfhelm growing closer and Guts finding himself growing closer to despair because of the continuing distance between him and Caska, you can't help but want her to come back.

When Caska comes back so likely will her personality.... I refer to her moody, emotional and confused state to shine through as much as ever, like it's that time of the month almost every day. Yes she is strong and has her good points, but I guess we'll just see how she is when she comes to; If she starts talking fondly of Griffith after they wake up or tries to stop Guts from seeking revenge, I will lose more respect for her.

Well, after reading all that, I commend Pirate Boss and Elf Hell causing some good laughter.

Anyways.
Er, I liked the episode. As for something regarding falcon v hawk (eclipse-black swordsman too?) events, I guess in honesty if there's any "moments" that make Berserk what it is to me, they were during things like the Eclipse etc. But like Aazealh, to me the recent (as in 4-5 years) episodes have been so much more detailed and in depth, not just art as was pointed out.

For Guts er...now love...quad..tria...whatever, Casca's the only thing that seems plausible to me. I don't see him viewing Schierke as a lover, not to mention at this point I don't feel any "time skip" coming. Then again, not all that sure how much time has actually passed since the end of 22 (or 23?)

Forest Wraith

Walter said:
Pretty sure the ending of Guts and Serpico's duel tied him inextricably to the group.

I don't know, there's that scene we just had with Farnese yelling at Casca about all that Guts does for her, right in front of Serpico. I don't know if something catastrophic will come of it. Since that obviously depends on the circumstances but It's not healthy either . . . Dammit Azan! Hold an intervention will ya'!

Walter said:
Huh? She's just channeling Schierke's feelings. Elves pick up on those things.

I forgot to put a :troll: after that one.

Manji said:
For Guts er...now love...quad..tria...whatever, Casca's the only thing that seems plausible to me. I don't see him viewing Schierke as a lover, not to mention at this point I don't feel any "time skip" coming. Then again, not all that sure how much time has actually passed since the end of 22 (or 23?)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's any chance Guts will actually go through with Schierke, I just think he'd probably do better going for a more stable woman. I mean let's face it, In addition to what I already said, out of the three Schierke the only one that hasn't stabbed him twice, let alone once, that's always a good start as far as I'm concerned. Then again maybe Guts is the type of guy who needs that in a woman...

I'll still put down my bet that a time jump is likely to come by before the very end.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
I want to see Casca become sane again, but perhaps it's mostly for Guts sake that I want that. The situation in the story, now in recent episodes more than ever with the anticipation of Elfhelm growing closer and Guts finding himself growing closer to despair because of the continuing distance between him and Casca, you can't help but want her to come back.

Yes, you can't help but want it to happen, and that's why I believe we'll see really powerful scenes in Elfhelm. Her return is overdue, and it's shaping up in a way that will make her the equivalent for Guts to what Griffith has been for people terrorized by Ganishka. He has saved her from bodily harm many times so far, but she's going to be his savior on a deeper, more psychological level. Paraphrasing what Flora once said, I think she'll save him from damnation. Not the first time I say so, but I believe Elfhelm will be the biggest turning point in the story, marking a shift that'll start the events leading to the end of the series.

Sparnage said:
When Casca comes back so likely will her personality.... I refer to her moody, emotional and confused state to shine through as much as ever, like it's that time of the month almost every day. Yes she is strong and has her good points, but I guess we'll just see how she is when she comes to; If she starts talking fondly of Griffith after they wake up or tries to stop Guts from seeking revenge, I will lose more respect for her.

I don't think she'll be talking fondly of Griffith. She might be confused, might have trouble accepting the truth or try to dissuade Guts of going on an impossible quest for revenge, but I don't think she'll revere him or anything. As for her personality, some of her old behavior could surface but overall I believe it'll also have changed. She's gone through quite something herself, it's not just Guts that had a hard time. Overall I have a feeling she'll have some difficulty adjusting to her new life and that it'll be the focus for a while whenever she gets back to herself, not to mention how it will change the group dynamics.

Manji said:
Then again, not all that sure how much time has actually passed since the end of 22 (or 23?)

Yeah, it's hard to say because it's basically been unspecified since volume 14. Personally I consider that around a year has elapsed between volume 22 and 32, but that's not a particularly reliable estimation.

Forest Wraith said:
I don't know, there's that scene we just had with Farnese yelling at Casca about all that Guts does for her, right in front of Serpico. I don't know if something catastrophic will come of it. Since that obviously depends on the circumstances but It's not healthy either . . . Dammit Azan! Hold an intervention will ya'!

Nah, I don't think anything "catastrophic" will result from it. More likely, Serpico will start to ponder his own future, not as Farnese' servant but as his own man. She's growing out of their relationship and leaving him behind, so he's going to have to make his own choices at some point.

Tanma

lord of the pit
Manji said:

I think Schierke has more admiration than love towards Guts, and such feelings are new to her, that's why she's confused.

Griffith

Tanma said:
I think Schierke has more admiration than love towards Guts, and such feelings are new to her, that's why she's confused.

I'd say it's more the other way around. Anyway, it's made pretty damn clear that she's supposed to be in love with him. The point has been reiterated many times, with Evarella constantly sensing her feelings, bringing it up practically every time they're in the same room together, and with both Evarella and Sonia literally sensing Schierke's love for him on the docks in Vritannis. Miura's pretty well beat us over the head with this fact, it was even just in the very last issue. =)

oilfree

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I wonder when Guts is actually going to tell everyone about his story(griffith, band of hawks and all). Coz once Caska wakes up the truth is bound to come out.

Top Bottom