Episode 288

oilfree said:
I wonder when Guts is actually going to tell everyone about his story(griffith, band of hawks and all). Coz once Casca wakes up the truth is bound to come out.

Well, I wouldn't bet on this scenario playing out anytime soon, what with the sea battle and all. Hopefully, when the mayhem on the open ocean is over and everyone is celebrating on board that night, Roderick will ask again about Guts/Casca, or maybe it'll be as simple as, "So by the way Guts...what IS your story?" Now that I'm dwelling on it, i've got a feeling Roderick will be the one to really get to the bottom of things. He's already begun. And now, even though he's helping them for Farnese, he's gonna wanna know WHY she is helping Guts. Plus, I think getting TO Elfhelm won't be as simple as 1,2,3. The seas around it are sure (at least in my mind) to be somewhat treacherous and while Roderick is kicking ass as the 'Super-duper captain' he is, all the thoughts of 'Why are we doing this? Why put my crew/boat/my life in danger?' will come to a head, leading to Guts opening up. In a way, Guts does owe this to them. *obviously*

Obviously everyone wants to see a "sane" Casca again. Personally to the best of my recollection, she hasn't been in a ...logical mindset, well, combine the total episodes/volumes, fairly certain she has been crazy longer than she has had her sanity. Like all my great books-movies-manga-games, Berserk is something I want to get around and re-read everything in greater detail but never can bring myself to actually find the time, so I've become a lot more accustomed, or, well, "used" to the lost marbles of Casca's mind.

For Guts making a biography about his trials, I just don't see him doing it from a reading standpoint. Been a long journey since Albion, plenty of times to bring it up (as Aazealh mentioned, uncertain but most likely months-year), if he hasn't brought it up already, it will either be revealed at a place like Elfhelm, imo, some type of "vision" everyone sees a la what Puck has, not a lengthy tale of trials and tribulations told by the great scholar Sir Gutious Marcus Anthony, which he will do so by the fireplace, cigar in one hand and a martini in the other with the book on the table, good chap.

Finally as for the triangle, yes I got the jokes/theories, but like Griffith No More, I do notice the blatant "Schierke <3 Guts" action going on. However, I think in part because of her disconnection with humans and her maturity, if you were to call it that, she's perfectly fine with accepting Casca as Guts "lover", (OH NO I DID SURELY NOT)as she herself said, having a more important/different bond with him than that.

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
Wow, great stuff. Man - Guts looks so worn out.
Oh, I hope miura doesn't die in an accident or anything before he finishes this manga :void:.
I wonder if he has the whole story holed up somewhere, just ready to be drawn :???:

hanafubuku said:
Oh, I hope miura doesn't die in an accident or anything before he finishes this manga :void:.
I wonder if he has the whole story holed up somewhere, just ready to be drawn :???:

Again please, stop saying he will die before it finish etc. Thanks :miura:

And yes even if he has a whole story kept somewhere, i doubt it will be released to public even if mishap did happen to Miura...

So yes, For me I believe he will always been fine :guts:

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Smith said:
Again please, stop saying he will die before it finish etc. Thanks :miura:

And yes even if he has a whole story kept somewhere, i doubt it will be released to public even if mishap did happen to Miura...

So yes, For me I believe he will always been fine :guts:

Then again, i'd surely like to know what Miura-sensei would think on that matter. I mean, isn't it a widely spread "romantical" delusion among mangaka that dying, while drawing out the finishing touches of ones own story, would be the ultimate sign of dedication...or somesuch?
I mean, i would find it kinda climatic, to say the least. Of course, i'm not wishing for anything like that to happen, but think about it. What a monumental way of passing away..for an artist, that is.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
I mean, isn't it a widely spread "romantical" delusion among mangaka that dying, while drawing out the finishing touches of ones own story, would be the ultimate sign of dedication...or somesuch?
Where'd you read that, Wikipedia? :guts: Anyway, Miura has expressed his intentions of outliving Berserk. He's mentioned wanting to do a story based on the original Count "Dracula," Vlad the Impaler.

There are a billion threads for this subject, so please move it along elsewhere after this post. Thanks.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
Where'd you read that, Wikipedia?

Well, since Wikipedia is wrought with untruth.... :chomp:
Besides, of course i'm aware that Miura-sensei isn't only just planing his future life for Berserk. So much for that topic.

Anyway, as for Casca's predicament. I think we'll see a conclusion to this in a not so far future. At least, the odds for her to gain her "sanity" again are much more favorable than before their voyage on sea. Elfhelm should bring about a hell of a lot of revelations..and rectifications.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
yota821 said:
Hey there SimplyEd. You gotta get back and help with translations again. :miura:

Good to see you again though. :serpico:

Thanks, i'll try to come around more often in the future^^

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
He's mentioned wanting to do a story based on the original Count "Dracula," Vlad the Impaler.
Now there's something I could definitely get into. Kaziglu Bey means "Impaler King" in Turkish. So you can see I have an interest in the infamous Vlad Tepes. :)

Wow everyone seems very critical of this episode. It showed the start of a cool sea battle which will showcases Roderick, alittle more depth into the feelings of Farnese and Shierke for Guts and introduced a "new" enemy. Not to bad I'd say....If you want to whine about it not being good enough leave for a few months come back and just read a few episodes at a time. I don't want some weekly/bi weekly readers overanalizing and cutting Miura down because they are impatient. All the previous episode had the same "dry" areas...Actually I take that back just about every episode helps bring the plot around more or get more in depth about the various characters. Very little is filler or done for no apparent reason.

"What do you know of destiny? If a fish lives its whole life in the river does he know the rivers destiny? No, only that it runs on and on out of its control, he may follow where it flows but he can not see the end, he can not imagine the ocean."

I won't bother to translate, figure it out for yourself.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, there was as much defending of the episode, and discussion of the trappings of weekly reading, as complaining. But, always good to welcome another person with an enlightened perspective on the matter to the side of light. =)

Next time you see someone bitching like that, just hit 'em with one of these:

weekly.jpg

Top Bottom