Conrad and Ubik

Very very little is know about these two but when I first saw them I thought they were related. Ubiks body looks like that of a turtle, he has flippers and a tail that look like a turtle. Conrad has what seems like a turtle shell and both have no arms and only have hands.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If they were related their bloodline would have to carry on for over 216 years, so that would make Conrad Ubik's great-great-great-great-grandson, or vice-versa. And thats just....kinda goofy.

If they were related their bloodline would have to carry on for over 216 years, so that would make Conrad Ubik's great-great-great-great-grandson, or vice-versa. And thats just....kinda goofy.

Yeah I guess it wouldn't be true since it takes 216 years for a god hand to be born but, maybe they were twins and made a sacrifice at the same time. :-/

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think it’s a testament to how truly lazy and uncreative Miura really is. ;D

“Ahhh crap, I need another one of these stupid things…fuck it, I’ll just have two of this guy! Mayumi, where are my pancakes and liquor dammit??!”

-Griffith

Very very little is know about these two but when I first saw them I thought they were related. Ubiks body looks like that of a turtle, he has flippers and a tail that look like a turtle. Conrad has what seems like a turtle shell and both have no arms and only have hands.

so since their God Hand forms represent something they were in life(ie, Griffith=Femto, which looked like a Hawk)then maybe since they look like turtles, they were really Kamesennin and his unknown twin brother!

yeah.....didnt think so either... :-/

“...Mayumi, where are my pancakes and liquor dammit??!”

mmmmm....pancakes and liquor....<*mouth waters*>

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Most probably they are a bit alike because they have alike personalities. Introvert, a bit shunned, not at all so outgoing as for example Slann.

Isn't it interesting that while a lot of the apostles are physical and battle based, none of the God Hand are? I guess people like Wild and the snake baron don't really have the brains that it takes to have a position there. All the God Hand are intellectual, manipulative bastards... and I think that Conrad and Ubik might be among the most sneaky of them. I mean, how often do we see them? Apart from manipulating Griffith whn he became Femto, can anyone remember seeing them doing something prouctive

We all know what Slann does for kicks... what would Conrad do? Or Ubik? The mind boggles...

P

paradiselost

...that's for sure, taht everyone knows what Slann do ...ehehhehe...

8)

P

paradiselost

....ahahhahhahahahhaha...

...you totally right, Griffith...she seems to be really expert in (m)oral things...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
QUESTION

have done many speculation about the end of Gaiseric, em hands of 4 or 5 angeles sent by God, but, not they have asked us, upon somewhat important THAT SO OLD IS THE HAND OF GOD? IF ALL we arrive at the conclusion that the first one aparicion recognized of the Hand of God was the epoca of the empire Gaiseric, then, that existio before such empire? if we give for Fact that the Hand of God Manipulates the destinies of the men, then, they should suppose that this is a great deal but old that we have him in the indices cronologicos, Void, Ubik, Conrad, Slan and Femto not naciero

TO DESPUES OF THE END OF GAISERIC They CAN EXPLAIN ME THEN THAT 5 (ACCEPTED) ANGELES they DESTROYED TO GAISERIC? ?????? If five angeles destroyed to Gaiseric and the members of the hand of God were created despues, then, who they were those 5 angeles? ??????????? MY TEORIA IS THE FOLLOWING one: IF we SUPPOSE THAT FEMTO, WAS ORIGINALLY A COMPANY AMORFA, THAT I ADOPT THE BODY OF GRIFFIT BY THEIR OWN WILL, THEN, they SHOULD CONSIDER, THAT THE SUSODICHOS 5 ANGELES WERE BEINGS AMORFOS, AND THAT THEREFORE THE FIRST one OF THE FIVE BEINGS THAT ADOPT A FORM FISICA WAS VOID, WHILE THE DEMAS, SUBSEQUENTLY they ADOPTED THE HUMAN BODY OF BEINGS ALONG THE FUTURE TIME

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
.......... :eek:

<--maybe she'll come of use with the next dozen of chapters. I hope so. I mean, seriously, does Void even HAVE a body now? His skin on his mouth and nose are ripped apart and pulled back, his six fingers are skinned off to the bones......I think I"ll keep the M in.

But I really don't agree that she did ANYTHING to contribute to moral support, I think she just came out to flex and grab her own body for the audience, and did a little narration. If you count, in Volume 12, it took 7 to 8 pages to introduce Slann, and only took a total of less than 7 to introduce the rest of the characters.

P

paradiselost

...that's true, dear...but, then, what do you suggest in particular for the future appearence di Slann...???

you say that Void is maybe not of flesh...and Slann then?

???

P

paradiselost

...ehehehehh...I see...

???

maybe the discussion it was so diffiicult one...

:-X

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Kind of dragging this discussion up from the dead, but...

Yeah, there are a lot of similarities between these two. But there are several differences as well... I was looking at the "shadow" God Hand when they showed up, and the shadows that represented Conrad seemed to be rather huge in comparison to Ubik's shadow. Also, Conrad's form seemed as though it was attached to the ground, while Ubik's was flying... I looked back at one of their actual appearances also, and while it was difficult to compare their sizes (they seemed about the same when they formed the old woman in Griffith's dream), Conrad was attached to the ground.

I haven't looked back at every appearance yet, so I'm not sure if Conrad ever does flutter about like Ubik at some point...

As for sizes, who's to say any of the God Hand have definite sizes anyway, I suppose... we did see Slan's appearance during the Hawk sacrifice... "Wasn't she a giant?"

One thing is certain, I don't find either Conrad or Ubik to be very inspired characters at this point :p They're also lacking in the horrifics that Miura loves to use to create characters. They're not scary, they're not badass... they're just *there*.

Although I do wish I had the gag doujinshi that my profile pic is from... :D

D

Drachenfels

I think they are the most boring God Hand members, they look too similar, and don't really have a "domain" like the other three(Void the Brain, Femto the Pinky, and Slann the hot slut).

Am I the only one who noticed Conrad's face looked like...a glans?!! ;)

I, at least, don't.

Top Bottom