The Sergal: A furry version of The Beast?

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I actually got whiplashed by this realization month's ago and I considered not even mentioning it: Mostly in the interest of keeping it buried but this is just too Crazy not to point out. Even if it sparks controversy and traumatizes us all . . . Be warned that this might make you hate Furries in ways that you never thought possible. However, it also brings up an interesting allegory.

Meet the Sergal:

f1145631841285191pg4.jpg

Created by Japanese Furry artist Trancy Mick and described in some detail here (Yes, this page has offensive content):

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Trancy.Mick

Note that Encyclopedia Dramatica was one of the few, non-furry places where I could find information on Sergals . . . Here's a fan-site for Extra, Eye-Gouging Fun (I'm serous about the Eye-Gouging)!

http://kauske.org/chars/KAI.html#phys

Do I even need to further rub your faces in the resemblance? (I'm sorry everybody) . . . Not only is it the streamlined appearance, the Muzzle that curves backwards at the nose; giving the impression of a Shark combined with the characteristics of a Wolf. It's also the fact that the creator designed the Sergal of Dark- sorry, Sergal; as being highly Feral and Aggressive. It's the penchant for Raping and eating prey animals and foes that settles it, beyond a Shadow of a doubt:

transguts4wr1.jpg

So what can we learn from this besides the obvious (Kill Furries with Fire)? Well, it presents an interesting allegory that can be drawn to Berserk in regards to Internet Sub-culture. If you view the Beast of Darkness as Guts' Furry Avatar, then you could by extension posit that Apostles represent normal individuals who have "Sacrificed" healthy interpersonal relationships and expressions of Human contact. In this scenario, Guts is cast as a Heroic figure who seeks to purge Furries. Having seen a dear Friend fall into the subculture and sever his real-world friendships as a result, all the while, fighting his inner impulse to give into his own dark-side and join the fandom (In the context of his showing up at a Fur-con in a Beast of Darkness Fursuit so he can beat Griffith senseless).
On that note, I leave you with this:

gutswilldoiteb8.jpg

Re: The Sergal: A furry version of the Beast

Quite interesting, but I have a question. What's the dates? I'm at work and can't pull up the first link and I browsed through the second link and saw no dates. Get me some dates of when this Fury artist and when Miura created the beast. Hardcore proof I say!!!!!! :troll:

- C

ps. I apologize if I missed any dates :carcus:

Forest Wraith

Re: The Sergal: A furry version of the Beast

C said:
Quite interesting, but I have a question. What's the dates? I'm at work and can't pull up the first link and I browsed through the second link and saw no dates. Get me some dates of when this Fury artist and when Miura created the beast. Hardcore proof I say!!!!!! :troll:

- C

ps. I apologize if I missed any dates :carcus:

I haven't seen anything definitive but Trancy Mick gives his age as 20 and I didn't see the character on the chans until at least a couple of years ago. So I feel quite confident in assuming that Berserk and The Beast's appearance predate it.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Looks like it owes more to Digimon than Berserk. Besides, there's only so much variation you can get out of 'pointy wolf.'

Also, furries are scarey.

I laughed at the part of the mecha, flight pack, guns, cloak, and skunk forms. Are those really necessary? There also seemed to be soooo much detail, I couldn't believe it. There was even some sort of spirit trapped inside of this character that can switch genders at will? It didn't help that that part was done in the first person.

That was educational, thanks for sharing. Even though I'm kinda afraid I'll think of those Sergals everytime the Beast comes up again. :chomp: No, who am I kidding. The Beast is so much more awesome than that shit.

Posted on: Today at 12:40:49 PMPosted by: pippin22

Wow, Forest Wraith, big fugin deal. Whoopie. This is so so important. I really give a shit. Yeah.

You obviously cared enough to post. :carcus:

Be happy dammit!!!!!! :guts:

There are only two things that have struck out to me as any possible influence or non-related form of the beast, and that's Venom and...
http://www.exposingsatanism.org/images/people-signing/dio.jpg

YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

Forest Wraith

Manji said:
There are only two things that have struck out to me as any possible influence or non-related form of the beast, and that's Venom and...
http://www.exposingsatanism.org/images/people-signing/dio.jpg

YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

I don't see it, the resemblance between Venom's face and The Beast's is an interesting point though: And something that's been in the back of mind for a while in fact. The Beast and Venom have the exact same eyes and teeth . . . Then there's how both channel their appearance and personality through something that is worn on the body. Taking control over their bearers by literally enveloping them . . . Good eye Manji.
It seems like a very Black-and-White case to me: Either The Sergal is a completely original creation and just happens to have similar characteristics. Or the artist was openly inspired by The Beast. Again, it's how the character was designed as being a savage, cannibalistic, rapist that settled it for me: In addition to the strong physical resemblace. That's what moves it from "Okay . . .", into "OMFG! WTF!" Territory.
Still, I'm not about to cling to this doggedly as an indisputable thesis; it can't be proved unless we find stronger evidence. I just find it highly amusing.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Like I said, I think Miura clearly stole this idea; the concept of a vicious dog-like creature is too specific to be a stupid coincidence. It's not like this is a completely vague and broad concept to begin with. A mad dog? I don't think of I've seen such a thing outside these two rare examples, except maybe old yeller (what year did that come out BTW!?).

Anyway, the Venom comparison has been around since at least volume 17.

Forest Wraith

Griffith No More! said:
Like I said, I think Miura clearly stole this idea; the concept of a vicious dog-like creature is too specific to be a stupid coincidence. It's not like this is a completely vague and broad concept to begin with. A mad dog? I don't think of I've seen such a thing outside these two rare examples, except maybe old yeller (what year did that come out BTW!?).

Old Yeller! Holy Shit! "Mad-Dog! Mad-Dog!" IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Top Bottom